Skip to content

Did anyone notice what you party members are saying to you when ypu click them?

Hi everyone,
I just started playing IWDee recently after spending much time in BG2ee.
I notice something in the game.
In the thick of a fight i was busy clicking diferent party members to attack different targets etc and suddenly one of them told me " Poke me again and you will do it without fingers" (by the way is an all girls party). O_O

I was taken by surprise such hilarious remark and i just came to realise they are addressing me the player.
i LMAO as i notice more different remarks as i click on them.

It usually happens in battles some of these remarks... makes me wonder who wrote those lines? i Kind of like its humor and sarcasm ^_^
Anyone noticed those chats?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    "Be careful where you point that thing" is my favourite.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    It's supposed to be triggered by repeated clicking on a character but it's slightly broken. I think it makes them sound a bit grumpy, which is probably justified with the weather in the frozen north.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    wubble said:

It's supposed to be triggered by repeated clicking on a character but it's slightly broken. I think it makes them sound a bit grumpy, which is probably justified with the weather in the frozen north.

No, what he's talking about is just the rare selection and command responses. In vanilla bg1(maybe 2?) there whas a line that would trigger if you clicked a character like 20 times. It was always something to do about clicking.
    Aside from that Khalid says "cc-c-click on someone your own size" and tiax says "on day, tiax will point and click" as rare selection sounds.
    "Poke me again and you'll do it without fingers" is be of my favorites though.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    meagloth said:

Aside from that Khalid says "cc-c-click on someone your own size" and tiax says "on day, tiax will point and click" as rare selection sounds.
    "Poke me again and you'll do it without fingers" is be of my favorites though.

One of my favourites is something Dynaheir comes out with. It's along the lines of "Click this, do that. What about my needs?" I don't remember the exact phrasing unfortunately, but it's rather entertaining.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    [DYNAHEIR 23] Go here! Do that! What about MY needs?

• MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    My party was somewhere deep in Dragon's Eye dungeon, when the Thief3->Fighter suddenly said something longer for the first time:

Look out, Faerun. Here comes the wackiest man alife. Whew.

Hey! What a surprise. I had not chosen that voice set for a long time ever before. And then more and more funny comments in the middle of a fight:

I'm crazy. I'm out of control. Whew.

I'm so excited but I just can't hide it.

I know a druid who can hook you up with some good stuff.

It's one of the Male Thief voices. mthief2. To hear something like that deep in a dungeon -> really good stuff! :smiley:
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    elminster said:

[DYNAHEIR 23] Go here! Do that! What about MY needs?

Yes that's it, thanks. I think that line is great, one of the best in the game. Another line I really like is Minsc when he's getting tired. "I think I need to rest, I'm getting a bad case of armour chafe." I believe that's how it goes anyway.

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Well, in IWDee those grumpy or sarcastic lines tend to surface more often ^^ and they usually do it in the midst of fights :smiley:
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I was actually in the extreme minority who preferred the original release of IWD:EE, where the "rare" select sounds would play much more frequently - IMO, they gave some extra personality to the characters. The subsequent patch "fixed" this so-called "problem" so that the sounds now only play when you click repeatedly on a single character.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2015
    My favorite rare selection sound is when the chivalrous warrior with the deep voice says "you act like I'm a pawn in some... game."
    Overall, i guess the ladies selections have a wider range of such remarks ^^
    "Click me again and it will cost you an extra share of the treasure" O_o
    "I hope you hand will grow POX" =.=
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    One way to hear them all is:

- move a character to the top leader position of the party
    - press key '0' multiple times
    - the first few times a random thing is said
    - then four special longer sentences are said
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    wubble said:

I think it makes them sound a bit grumpy, which is probably justified with the weather in the frozen north.

Indeed, one of them says: ''I'd kill for a hot bath right about now.'' That one is very flirty (Be careful where you point that thing) and also says ''Watch my back'' when becoming leader, which I just realized the subtle single entendre.

One of them has the first three different replies with cute little proverbs and her fourth one is ''What!? What!? WHAAAAT!?''

Edwin: "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!"

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Francois said:

One of them has the first three different replies with cute little proverbs and her fourth one is ''What!? What!? WHAAAAT!?''

She was also the Warner sister, I think. (Dot from Animaniacs)
    Some of these are very subtle but suggestive remarks directed at the we players, can be really hilarious if you listen carefully.
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 9
    Marl's buddy in Feldepost Inn "Hey don't click me, I don't want any trouble."
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    And who can forget the unforgettable "And then I clicked him in tge head ' til he was dead Bwahahaha"
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Drizzt has one of my favourites. 'DON'T poke Drizzt. 'Tis entirely unsociable.'

And we can't forget Minsc. 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!'

• KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    "Rogin?"
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    One day, Tiax will point and click!