Skip to content

YAY! I DID IT! BG1:EE!

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
Okay so maybe I'm like, 20 years late to do it, but I *finally* finished Baldur's Gate 1 as of this exact moment!

[Spoiler] Woohoo! It only took me like, a million retries and spell sorting to finish the final battle... Buuuuuut... I DID IT! YAY! GO ME! xD Damn, the final battle is a serious bitch in the ass and I was only 1 level from EXP cap for my entire party! Whew, I'm so happy!!

End game Party:
CHARNAME: Dragon Disciple
Branwen
Dorn
Imoen: Duel-Classed as Mage, lv.4 Thief.
Alora
Xan (Debuffer)

Here's a screenshot of the end game, just in case you were wondering what it looked like~ http://gyazo.com/110a98773dfc7fe425f5bb25554a9f67

Though, I was sad I didn't get to see any Epilogues. ;~; I thought BG1 had some. *Sobs*

Time to import into BG2 from BG1 for the first time<3 (With a completed save.)
I'm so curious to find out all the new dialogue options and start BG2 with my imported CHARNAME! (Though she feels a bit overpowered with the good rolls and stat tomes ._.) [/Spoiler]
Post edited by Icecreamtub on

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited July 2015
    Congrats!

You need to close your spoiler tag with [/spoiler]
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Sweet victory! Congratulations!
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Congratulations!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @Icecreamtub Time to import into Adventure Y from BG1:EE for the VERY FIRST time!
    I think it sounds better …
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Awesome :)
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @FinneousPJ Aha thank you, sorry totally forgot to use /spoiler to close the tag up. xD Thanks for the reminder!

@ Everyone else, thank you<3 You're all so kind<3
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I'm so curious to find out all the new dialogue options and start BG2 with my imported CHARNAME!

Congrats!

But on this, get ready to be disappointed.

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Congrats. I didn't like that last maze but the final battle is great innut? I don't agree that you will be disappointed with bg2. Not sure the sex of your charname but the romance options are better for male protagonists, you might want to try one of the 'all romances' mods to get all the of dialogue.

Tips for max dialogue -- Jan is funny but rubs some people the wrong way. I think he is makes a good pair with Keldorn.

Jaheria is completely different in BG2 and she more to say and more side quests than anyone else. Haer'dalis is hard to keep alive but has some good banters.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is nothing like beating Sarevok for the first time. I remember when I first did it. I was playing as a bard. Killing him I find is very rewarding because it provides a lot of insight into how powerful you're party has become.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

There is nothing like beating Sarevok for the first time. I remember when I first did it. I was playing as a bard. Killing him I find is very rewarding because it provides a lot of insight into how powerful you're party has become.

Or how awesome all those potions and wands you've been saving are.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @killerrabbit I completed BG1 for the first time; That doesn't mean to say I've not spent over 2000 hours playing the series. :-P

@Elminster Isn't it?! I was so excited to finally see the progression in BG1; Even if you do still feel fairly weak because of prologue adventure an' all, but still it's always great to see how far you've come in such a short time! Durlag's tower definitely wasn't as hard as I remember it to be... But I think I usually clear it very early on, this time I saved Durlag's tower until end-game.

@wubble How cheesy ;D Just kidding. I always end up saving wands... I tried to use wand of missiles as much as possible with Xan, still had like 2 charges at Saverok lol.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Yup the difference is very stark but not as much id say as bg2 beginning to ToB end. Still need to carry one character through both games to see the full arc. The Baldurs Gate series is basically the ultimate power fantasy.
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2015
    Congrats !!!! I remember my first time...2 sleepless nights back in 99... It was so much fun !! I musta died 12 times trying back then!!
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    And you kept your whole party alive too. Well done madam. I remember the first time I beat BG, I kept reloading over and over trying to keep everybody alive in the final fight not realizing that it doesn't matter at all.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    It doesn't feel right if they die. Even if they can be raised anyway.