Skip to content

Adventure Y: Should I play BG2ee?

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
Thinking about it, I doubt that I'll be playing any more BG2ee for quite a while.

Why so? Well, I generally want to play a character right through from beginning-BG1ee to end-BG2ee:ToB, so as to see all that s/he can (or can't) do. Henceforth, that's presumably going to include playing through BG1½:SoD (or whatever they're going to call it when they make the official announcement in a couple of days) in between BG1ee and BG2ee. However, we probably can't expect actual delivery of BG1½:SoD for a few months yet. Therefore, rather than make an "incomplete" run without the interquel, I'll probably play to the end of BG1ee and then shelve that character and start another one. By the time BG1½:SoD becomes available, I might have a few such part-completed runs stockpiled! But having just finished my current BG2ee run, I'm unlikely to import another character into BG2ee until after s/he's been through BG1½:SoD first. Thus, probably no more BG2ee for the time being!

Is anyone else also expecting to suspend BG2ee runs until after the new game is released?
Post edited by AlexT on
ShinbooinyoureyesBenjaminVasculioJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    That's quite likely for me as well as I also pretty much only play complete BG1->ToB runs. Unlike you I don't tend to keep multiple characters or back-to-back runs going though, but usually just play roughly once per year (an extremely completionist playthrough that usually takes me several months altogether).

Currently I'm about halfway through BG1 on my yearly run, so if Y comes reasonably soon I will try to stretch BG1 out just enough to tide me over. If it's as late as november-december on the other hand, I might finish my run for now and then include Y in my playthrough next year instead.
    JuliusBorisov
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Perhaps you should wait until BGT:EE is available. It will hopefully combine BG:EE, Adventure Y, and BG2:EE in one big picture.
    xscott71xVasculioGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    BG2 is shelved until after adventure Y comes out for me. I already have a evil playthrough lined up and I will probably pick up the pace on my Storied playthrough once the release date is announced.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I'm in the middle of two bg2ee runs, so no. I also have a bgee run going at the same time. A bg1.5ee run on the side would be another nice parallel path
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    decado said:

...in a billion years or so.

I don't think so. The BGT:EE project looks pretty advanced.
    JuliusBorisov
    StefanO said:

decado said:

Where is this project?
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I've actually ditched all my mods, so that the BG1 toons I'm running now will be ok to drop straight into AdvY...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Shin said:

StefanO said:

decado said:

Where is this project?
    https://github.com/k4thos/eet
    It's still not finished (all BG1 water looks green) but it does work.
    ShinbleusteelJuliusBorisov
    Ah, it's the same issue as the Tutu water?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    StefanO said:

Perhaps you should wait until BGT:EE is available. It will hopefully combine BG:EE, Adventure Y, and BG2:EE in one big picture.

Eh! Giggidy
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @StefanO I'm sure it will, it's in fact the ultimate goal if it's maker (@swit aka K4thos).
    edited July 2015
    Nah, there is still:

The Black Pits
    The Black Pits 2
    Icewind Dale:EE
    and if a person os totally bored
    Pillars of Eternity.
    Post edited by deltago on
    ArdulJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    @deltago Its just a suggestion but you might want to put blockquotes around Avenger_teambg's post there. Or at least quotation marks :) (its kind of confusing to read otherwise)
    edited July 2015
    There was, I dont know why it didnt quote.
    removed the whole thing now though.
    elminster
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    I've renamed this thread to avoid confusion.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    AlexT said:

I've renamed this thread to avoid confusion.

As you wish, sir, you're The Man. But I'm not quite sure what the problem was.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The original title sounded like a legal theory instead of what the topic was actually about.
    elminstercmk24
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited July 2015
    Continue Play is better,

Nobody knows when siege of dragonspear will be released , 2015 CQ4 ? or 2016 CQ1 and how much ?
    I appreciate that developers extend BG serie scope, new contents and i will pay for them definitely

But base on previous experience ,
    Developers always take long time to implement new features and contents , i feel that you shouldn't put too much time for waiting this new game come out ,
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I say continue playing as well. Then you'll have plenty to import from BG 1. Even those you have taken all the way to TOB.

I'm planning to make a list of my favorite charnames to start in SoD first. That's what all those saves are for.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Are we sure it's even safe to start BG1 runs at this point? What if Dragonspear's release includes something neat for BG:EE, like a patch?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Are we sure it's even safe to start BG1 runs at this point? What if Dragonspear's release includes something neat for BG:EE, like a patch?

Good point, but does anyone here really begrudge yet another play through of the game? I'm sure any news about enhancements to BG:EE will come sometime between now and SoD launch and people will probably re-start or not accordingly anyway.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I currently got 3 runs of BG:EE going on, my first BG:EE run (I was late to the game, as I was waiting for my favourite mods) is almost finished, my second one is in chapter 5.

I did intend to halt both until until SoD is released, thinking it would be soon (I half expected the timer to be for pre-orders starting). But if it takes a long while, I'll see what I do. Might be a good time to start playing Pillars of Eternity in the meantime, I have yet got to get to know the game.

My first BG2:EE is made with a newly-rolled character (and my first gay character), so I'll continue him anyway.

Then there's Dragon Age:Origins, where I'm busy getting achievements. I don't usually care about achievements, but as I like DA:O so much I start almost as many campaigns as I do in BG, I got infected by completionism.

So lots of ways to get an RPG fix while waiting.

Siege of Dragonspear seems to be really fun though. Are we there yet? No? How about now?
    JuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Then you can play through BG1 again. I reckon it will take three playthroughs of SoD to see the new character content.
  • I plan to get a few BG2 runs out of the way. I'd like to see what features get backported to BG1 before I start another playthrough there, and if a new patch adding the features to BG2 messes up some of the mods I've got installed, that's going to mess with my plans.
    Fardragon said:

Then you can play through BG1 again. I reckon it will take three playthroughs of SoD to see the new character content.

Such is my concern. I'm not as huge a fan of BG1 as the rest of you. It's fun enough to go through it once in a while, but I heaven't done and haven't been interested in doing back-to-back runs since I was a kid.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You could just create a new character for SoD then.
    Fardragon said:

You could just create a new character for SoD then.

Well, that's certainly true, though my concern is more for good changes to BG:EE happening after I've already played it through again, like porting a (potentially) superior UI back into BG:EE that could make me enjoy the game that much more.