Skip to content

Vanilla randomly added a new feature to the forums!!!

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
edited March 2015 in Site Resources
We can now bump posts on the activity page! Awesome, right? I am not entirely sure how this works quite yet...

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Do please let us know when you figure it out :)
    I'll have a try
    Yup, seems to work :D
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @wubble I actually think they added this feature only just a few minutes ago.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think you can now even bump things that are not on the first activity page. Some stuff anyway. I keep trying to bump that Azure Dragon gif that Shandyr gave me, but it never works. :cry:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I've found out that you can bump discussions on the activity page with a post, then delete it (either deliberately or unintentionally) and the discussion will stay bumped and won't drop to where it was.

For an example, see a discussion on Elrandir's wall about the Easter.

The last seen post their is from April, the 6th, and it's still on the first page of the Activity.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Tresset said:

I think you can now even bump things that are not on the first activity page. Some stuff anyway. I keep trying to bump that Azure Dragon gif that Shandyr gave me, but it never works. :cry:

I've made several attempts. Now is the 9th of April. The discussions from March (I've tried the one from the 7th of March) was successfully bumped. While the discussions from February weren't.

So, it seems you can bump any discussion whose latest post was in the previous month.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    I now have "x new plural" written for threads where I have multiple posts I haven't yet viewed. I feel this is new. If so I wonder what else is new :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Vanilla is always a surprise. Remember the new mobile interface nobody was expecting? :)