Skip to content

Petition to make Glintin Gardnersonson romance Aerie

2»

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    gangler said:

deltago said:

Fardragon said:

A character can be gay without being a romance option.

Wha?

You mean we aren't applying the Bioware rule of shag any thing that moves?!
    Kind of ironic to call that the Bioware Rule. When Bioware was in charge of Baldur's Gate it had notoriously limited romance options. 4 total romanceable NPC's, only one of which will romance a woman.

If we're talking about a gay NPC who isn't romanceable, we could draw a comparison to Minsc who just sort of goes about bonding with witches without the player character really being involved. Can't get in on that action. I'm sure if they'd been so inclined they could've written a hell of a romance where The Player Character becomes Minsc's Witch but they just had other plans there.

Or there's Haer'Dalis, who's quite openly into women, but isn't romanceable.

Or there's Keldorn, who's already married to a woman, and thus unwilling to romance new women.

If anything so far it's been the Beamdog rule where every character is a romance option.
    I think @deltago was referring to later BioWare, e.g. Dragon Age 2.
    ButtercheesedeltagoelminsterBrer_Rabbit
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

Fardragon said:

The thing that is really silly is not to take into account that Glint may already have been written as gay (or happily married, or both).

True, although I reckon it'd be disproportionate to include additional gay romance options. Obviously the game offers a wider variety of straight romantic interests, but that's realistic.

If any of the new SoD NPCs are gay (whether romanceable or not), then I suggest that the most obvious candidate is M'Khiin. If she's a lesbian, then that might offer a credible back-story about why a female goblin is out in the world fending for herself - goblin tribes strongly expect their female members to devote themselves to breeding more goblins, so a lesbian might not fit in very well.
    I like this guy's idea. Can we talk more about this guy's idea?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2015

Fardragon said:

The thing that is really silly is not to take into account that Glint may already have been written as gay (or happily married, or both).

True, although I reckon it'd be disproportionate to include additional gay romance options. Obviously the game offers a wider variety of straight romantic interests, but that's realistic.

If any of the new SoD NPCs are gay (whether romanceable or not), then I suggest that the most obvious candidate is M'Khiin. If she's a lesbian, then that might offer a credible back-story about why a female goblin is out in the world fending for herself - goblin tribes strongly expect their female members to devote themselves to breeding more goblins, so a lesbian might not fit in very well.
    I like this guy's idea. Can we talk more about this guy's idea?
    @Brer_Rabbit

By all means, start a poll on the topic and get people's thoughts. ^_^
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    Seriously Glint banging Aerie poll -_-

You know what, why not make another poll where our main Bhaalspawn bangs Bodhi in Athkatla Crypt in the bloodbath. After all in the roman Both Abdel Adrian and Bodhi fall in love, and the two had sex. And the next time both of them want to bang each other in the maze in spellhold....

Tada our Bhaalspawn transform himself into the Slayer and murdered his love, just like the roman.What do you think ?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Aerie really isn't Glint's type.
    [Deleted User]ButtercheeseAedan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndrewFoley
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2016
    @AndrewFoley

How about now?
    [Deleted User]brus
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I wanna click that but I am gonna romance him in my next playthrough dammit >.>
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016

Aerie really isn't Glint's type.

Indeed. :smiley:
    ButtercheeseGozeta