Skip to content

New and desperate for modding help!

FeilhävenFeilhäven Member Posts: 13
Hi all ladies and gentlemen of all ages

Long has it been since I've played an RPG, let alone on a computer, but I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I learned of these enhanced editions and that they were available for mac.

This forum is so vibrant and full of players. Shows that if you create a great and compelling story, people will never truly abandon your product. I, for one, have longed to return to the Forgotten Realms that I explored as a kid...

I've played for a little while now and read a thing or two about mods, but I have no idea as to how to do anything. Literally. I know I should post something there, but could someone talk me through how I get, for example, Dark Side of the Sword Coast working on my Mac running Mac OS? I'm such a noob and yet I've lived over three decades now, hah! Pretty please. I'm truly a nice guy and would love your help. Sorry to anyone if I really SHOULD post in the modding forum, I just wanted to say hi!

Thanks and have a great day all!

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Hello and welcome! I cannot help you with the mod thing however, since I don't know Mac OS at all. But like you said yourself you should ask the modding forum.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Feilhäven ! I've moved this discussion to the modding section, where I hope you'll find more answers to your question.

Have a good time here and playing BG!
  • FeilhävenFeilhäven Member Posts: 13
    Hi Wilbur and bengoshi!

Thanks for the welcome and for moving my question to the right section. Can anybody help me here?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Hi there! Welcome!

I don't know very much about macs, but this might help:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1

Not only is Grammarsalad a great name, it is also the name of a very nice individual I see. Thank you! I'll look into it!

In the end, I'll probably just have to install the game on a PC and try from there instead.
    Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Not only is Grammarsalad a great name, it is also the name of a very nice individual I see. Thank you! I'll look into it!

In the end, I'll probably just have to install the game on a PC and try from there instead.

Well thank you very much!

I understand from the post that I linked that it isn't very difficult...
    It wasn't, once I was set on the right path. I'm just a Mac newbie, so anything I have to do on this otherwise fine piece of machinery always feels like an obstacle. I now run a modded BG and it feels great.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Peekaboo, I see you! Have a :cookie:!
    semiticgoddess
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.