Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    edited July 2015
    Another question - why does Orrick sell 2 different spell sequencer scrolls, both with a messed up description and name?

The only difference between the two seems to be the casting school - one is enchantment/charm, the other abjuration. What's the point? O.o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    edited July 2015
    @subtledoctor Thank you for this quick fix. Gonna add it asap.

I'll keep posting bugs as I find them during your absence. Enjoy your holidays! ^^

Recalled one - Paladin can choose up to 7 proficiencies instead of 6.
  • Taski897Taski897 Member Posts: 3
    So this might be a dumb question, but are kits supposed to display on the character information page?

My PC is a Bladesinger, but it still says 'Fighter/Mage'. Did I mess up the install order?

Is there a way I can verify my person's kit?
  • TallgeeseTallgeese Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2015
    A few more bugs, this time relating to the merged Rage:

To begin, you only update the description of the new Berserk Rage in BGEE if someone has not installed the new proficiency system:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~d5_profs.d5~ THEN BEGIN
    STRING_SET 32235 @3004
    END

(...how do you post a formatted code snippet here?)

But that's not all.

You change all rages to the file "d5_rage.spl", which has an invalid string reference for the name. You seem to accidentally given its intended name, "Berserk Rage", to the file "d5_berk.spl". I don't see where d5_berk is used.

d5_rage also has the undocumented feature of preventing divine spellcasting... and only divine spellcasting. Since it is listed twice, I can only imagine you meant to restrict arcane too.

EDIT:

Here's another bug, which is much nastier.

Some of the CLAB edits you perform for your Proficiency Overhaul (such as the one to clabdr01.2da) result in a malformed CLAB, which causes errors to appear in both DLCTEP and any mod that tries to read the CLAB to perform dynamic edits. Something about the line is not formatted properly.

EDIT2:

You only fixed the clswpnbon copy in the prof overhaul component, not apr on spec.
    Post edited by Tallgeese on
  • WithgilWithgil Member Posts: 39
    Three bugs I noticed:

I could not choose to make Khalid a harrier when installing the mod, the only option was woodscout of mielliki.

And the barbarian and berserker have the same rage abilty which only shows some weird text in the description and when beeing casted but this one is my fault I think, didn't install scales at last and was too lazy to start anew. (only deinstalled scales and reinstalled again so that it would be the last mod)

Third bug I noticed is concerning the meistersinger, he has a odd blue dragon ability which does nothing when beeing casted.
  • WithgilWithgil Member Posts: 39
    Component 810-811: Make Khalid a Harrier (ranger), or a Woodscout of Mielikki (cleric/ranger)
    – Requires that the Harrier kit and/or the multiclass tweaks be installed.

I read this in the readme, maybe you want to update it, but great mod :) my favorite alongside the NPC Project for BG1.
  • TheCurrentTheCurrent Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    When I look at the item description for a basic spear, it doesn't reflect the change from 1d6 damage to 1d8+1. Is the change still implemented? I'm excited for spears to be more useful.

Fantastic mod by the way. I love it.

Also, for reasons unknown, I had a mastercraft dagger in my inventory when I rolled a berserker with points in spears and two handed weapons.
    Post edited by TheCurrent on
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Glad to see you're still modding.
  • frostmage7frostmage7 Member Posts: 5
    so i can use flails as a druid now, but I can't spend proficiency points in them?????
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited August 2015

On the other hand, those are very self-directed effects, and most bard songs are meant to affect others. Any ideas?

maybe something that distracts enemies (they can't resist staring at what the jongleur does). thac0 penalty maybe. spell failiure chance. negative luck. dunno...
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    I love the work you're doing here doc. Just want to let you know that.

Actually that's exactly what their song does right now. But I'm going to give that to the Blade and want something flashier for the Jongleur. I think I'll try the Reflected Image thing. What about - at high levels - giving Reflected Image to all allies? Would that be OP? Just weird?

oh i get it...

it would be weird.
    it should probably be a debuff because your allies aren't looking at you, it's your enemies hat are :smile:
    maybe it should be something that slows them down... a milder slow effect

or maybe they become hypnotized, feel an urge to imitate the jongleur, so they drop their weapons :smile: (chance increasing with level)
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    @subtledoctor
    Ohhhhh I like it! n_n

Though, what would happen to the old Bards? Would they become a different sort of class altogether?
    i think it's a good idea
    some points (imho):
    - bard should remain a separate class because they're thematically different from thieves, and many of those you could hardly even consider rogues but well-integrated and well-liked members of society :smiley:
    - bards shouldn't have their own spells because in the lore they dabble in arcane magic...and arcane magic can only mean arcane spells (everything that a bard can know, a mage should be able to learn too; but some could have cleric spells, in theory)
    - the bard song should act outwards and not specifically on the bard (just how i feel about it)
    - if you are contemplating making the paladin a cleric kit, you should also consider making skald a warrior-like bard kit (d10, but no bard song or thieving skills), and not a bard-like warrior kit

*alternative idea*
    - the should be no bard class
    - bard song could be an ability like any other and *all* classes could have a single singing/performing kit

fighters - skald
    mages - loremaster
    thieves - blade or jongleur ... both are appropriate and could probably be fused into one kit
    clerics - maybe chorister, has access primarily to the healing sphere, and also sings buffing religous songs :smile:
    monks - a chanting monk, why not? singing and fighting with bare hands like a boss...monks sing in monasteries anyway
    druids - hippie nature loving fiddler (luck increasing song feels appropriate)...archetypally correct in my book

you could call it "guts and guile" :smile:
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2015

Old bards would be effectively disabled - hidden from the game UI, and thus inaccessible. I might empty out the bard class menu completely, and move the kits into the thief menu... or keep that menu and use it for shell kits that would use some invisicre scripting tomfoolery to implement the revised bards.

I would also open up multiclasses to humans, to enable humans to have a fighter/mage-y class option in the absence of the traditional bard.

I might also (in the multiclass tweaks, probably) open up these new "bard" kits to multiclass combinations. Now you could finally play that bard/mage! (Alas, still not a druid/bard, though... although, if you combined this with the Power & Prayer sphere system, it would be pretty easy to make a druid/bard kit via the cleric/thief class. :smiley: )

I like the change. But, at the same time, it opens up other options. I believe that you can expand the correct 2da (forget the exact name) to allow the class to cast up to 9th level spells. Now you have a class slot that you can redesign to your liking. At one time, I planned to rename the bard class to something more generic, and make the bard be a kit (along with the skald, jester, and blade.) The idea was to open up the slot to allow for more archetypes than a 'bard' could support. Similar to the paladin name change. I never came up with a satisfactory name, though.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

I believe that you can expand the correct 2da (forget the exact name) to allow the class to cast up to 9th level spells.

Yes, MXSPLBRD.2da. My spell table tweaks already give bards access to 7th and 8th level spells at epic levels, and they can use the "extra 6th, 7th, and 8th level spells" HLA.

Now you have a class slot that you can redesign to your liking.

Oooooh... YES. My first thought is to make it more of a wizard class variant, maybe take the place of fighter-mages the way Power & Prayer could (could!) replace fighter/clerics with various cleric and paladin kits. The Bard Song doesn't need to be a song at all - you could use that button for whatever you want. Then you could maybe actually *eliminate* multiclasses altogether!

But no, think bigger: access to wizard spells up to whatever level you want... totally customizable XP, HP, thac0, and spell progression. A totally customizable modal ability button that can create any arbitrary magical effects (and I've even learned how to replace that button's appearance!)... you're talking about designing a whole new class! It could be an arcane version of rangers or paladins. You could make a kitted variant with wild magic. If you hijack a school restriction you could completely control the spellbook, as well.

Wow. So many possibilities... maybe actually *too many* possibilities. The hours of work to make that happen already seems daunting. BUT great thinking. I'll work on freeing it up by moving the bard kits, then (probably next year) we can focus on creating a new class. :tongue:
    You have learned how to change the button appearance? The sky really is the limit
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Ok, so after some testing, there is a way to "mess" with the bard song. I made it so that when you click on the bard song, he applies a permanent effect to everyone within range. Then, he stops singing, but the effect is still there. When you click on the song again, it "turns off" the effect and the effects are removed.

Now, this is a slightly duct tape way to set this up, and maybe someone else would be able to make it work better, but this is how I did it.

a) Made effects for skald's song permanent.
    b) Added change bard's song (251) to SPCL542B.
    c) Summoned creature that ran this script:
    IF
    InPartySlot(LastSummonerOf(Myself),0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    ActionOverride(Player1,ClearActions(Player1))
    DestroySelf()
    SetInterrupt(TRUE)
    Continue()
    END

d) Copied SPCL542A (the skald song) to SPCL542B but gave it the opposite effects (-2 TH, -2 AC...). (I would have liked to use opcode 321 to remove effects, but it didn't seem to work
    e) Changed bard song back to SPCL542A

Ok, so, what this does is tag everyone with a permanent bonus and the bard song icon. It removes it on the second click. You can alter the text when it says, "Singing" and "stopped singing" or add extra text in yourself. The one issue may be if you "tag" someone with the bonus and they are now out of range when you "untag" them, they may keep the bonus. I haven't tested that out yet...