Skip to content

Well Met

Hello, all. Since I'm sort of new to this community, I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm a linguistics student and aspiring writer. I have a deep love for the fantasy genre and have been a into RPGs and the world of Forgotten Realms ever since I was eight, when I picked up my uncle's battered AD&D books and started pretending that I was Loith the Dark Elven Magic-User, Vanquisher of Devils. My father always did his level best to keep me from playing video games, but I still managed to spend nearly every weekend of my childhood adventuring in Neverwinter Nights and later Baldur's Gate II. I was therefore absolutely thrilled when I recently received copies of the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate Saga Enhanced Editions. Playing through them has awakened a lot of wonderful memories, as well as given me a chance to see the whole Bhaalspawn story for the first time. The advent of Siege of Dragonspear now has me giddy with anticipation.

I really love what Beamdog has done with these games and I'm excited at the prospect of participating in the community. As a person who's always been about narratives and character design far more than game mechanics and combat, I'll probably comment a great deal on the former and ask a lot of silly questions about the latter. In any case, I look forward to making whatever contribution I can.
VallmyrlolienJuliusBorisovMusignySmilingSwordronaldosarevok57Skarose

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forums and have fun :) Don't worry about making silly questions. Our normal level of insanity will make it look quite normal :wink:
    lolienJuliusBorisovMusignySvar
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Ah-HAH! A fellow Drow magic-user?! I myself am a Drow Cleric of the Necromancy Persuasion. Kelemvor, Kiaransalee, Velsharoon, the deity matters not. Let me welcome you to our glorious forums where all may tread! Whether they be mummies, ferrets, Drow, Dwarves, Gnomes (Especially gnomes), Elves, Humans, Vegetables, Half-Orcs, Halflings, Half-Elves, Sentient Swords, Ooze, Aberration, Yeti, or skunk!
    lolienJuliusBorisovMusignySvar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Svar and welcome to the forum! Our group of aspiring writers is increasing! There're several of them here and now you come. I'm sure you'll find a lot of people here who share the same interests as you.

Glad that you've joined:)
    MusignyVallmyrSvarlolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Do you know what this is? It is TOTAL :cookie:NATION!

Have a :cookie:. :grin:
    JuliusBorisovlolienbrus