Skip to content

"We're All Doomed". Blackraven's No-Reload SCS runs, latest CHARNAME: Streg, Half-Orc Cleric/Thief

15678911»

Comments

• ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Bookmarked. Will read it tomorrow! :D
    BlackravenMusigny
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited February 2015
    Hey @Scourge, and others... Thank you! But... don't bother. I failed to get into the character. I always involve some roleplaying in my runs, so this was an important issue for me. Finbar was simply too gimmicky to me. My main objection was the fact that I had to roleplay him as reverent of Tempus, who according to D&D lore pretty much compels his servants to dash headlong into battle, while FInbar himself was a backstabbing trickster. There were a few smaller things as well, such as the unfittingly low CHA that bothered me. I do enjoy making minor adjustments to make a character 'unique', but Finbar was a bit too fanciful to my taste.

I rolled a Half-Orc Cleric/Thief yesterday, kitted as a Priest of Talos. (I have no qualms about kitting multiclasses per se, as long as the character makes sense to me. Half-Orcs commonly venerate Talos, so I'm cool with that.) I also rolled a new Bounty Hunter and a Fighter/Thief.
    I'm very eager to play all three of them because I like all three classes, especially the BH, as well as their portraits and soundsets (PS:T's Vhailor for the half-Orc, The Nameless One for the Bounty Hunter, and Annah for the Fighter/Thief).

The BH and the F/T are still in Candlekeep, ready to depart, the Half-Orc is currently traveling the Sword Coast. If he fares well, I'll start posting on his progress. :)

@bengoshi or maybe @Metalloman, could you remove this thread and paste its contents to my We're All Doomed thread? I think I can't. It's not a huge deal, but I feel it fits better there.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
    JuliusBorisovScourgelolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Bjorn will be heartbroken! Unless he placed a Cease and Desist order on the thread... ;)
    Blackravenlolien
    DreadKhan said:

Bjorn will be heartbroken! Unless he placed a Cease and Desist order on the thread... ;)

"To hell with ascension, I'm becoming a pop star" decided Finbar. Björn approved.
    DreadKhanNimranlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

DreadKhan said:

"To hell with ascension, I'm becoming a pop star" decided Finbar. Björn approved.
    Well, you COULD try making a troupe... make the other three a blade, skald and maybe a Berserker? ;)

Who would you choose to be the Bhaalspawn though? you don't really want to offend anyone, but then, we know The Winner Takes It All...
    lolienBlackraven
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Updated your journal i.e. merged the discussions.

@Blackraven , you're free to do as you wish, of course. We, as readers, can be only happy when you, as a DM:) , is pleased in the first place.

Also, PS:T's inspired playthrough would be excellent. I'll definitely follow how you RP the Nameless One in Athkatla.
    BlackravenTiduslolienRavenslight
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @Blackraven ops, sorry I missed the call, I was pretty busy (you don't say?) and I just lurked a couple of threads...
    Thanks @bengoshi! :smiley:
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenlolien
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Well shoot. I am unable to see your pictures when I try and open them today. I can’t think what the problem might be. I can still open them on your older posts.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015
    I'm experiencing the same problem... :(
    Maybe the forums no longer support jpg? Png isn't working either...

Edit:
    bmp
    edited February 2015
    I do remember @bengoshi saying he was having problems too. He started using bmp. I think.
    I can't see your new png either.
    BlackravenlolienJuliusBorisov
    @Ravenslight, that would be very unfortunate for me, bmp takes much longer in uploading and besides isn't supported on the bioware forums where I tend to post about my no-reload runs as well.
    Ravenslightlolien
    I forget who actually handles the technical parts of the forum. I wonder how to find out if this is a permanent change.
    BlackravenlolienJuliusBorisov
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Very interesting new CHARNAME @Blackraven , I really like it.

I'm a bit surprised (and sad) that the Stormlord of Talos doesn't get access to Lightning Bolt as a 3rd level spell, but thankfully he gets Call Lightning, which is even better IMO.

I wish you luck with Streg, and be careful with your saving throws :smile:
    RavenslightNimranlolienJuliusBorisov
    Another epic attempt! Thank you for continuing to entertain us @Blackraven I remember you saying something about needing a break from such things for a while. Your tales will be missed if this is so.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    Ah thank you dear @Ravenslight. Guess what, I wasn't ready for a break just yet... Here you can read about another attempt I'm going to make :)
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov

Ah thank you dear @Ravenslight. Guess what, I wasn't ready for a break just yet... Here you can read about another attempt I'm going to make :)

Yeah!!!
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    *casts his high level Necromancy spell "Raise Thread"*

More @Blackraven ! Also, I have come up with an idea for a new character that I wanted to run by you. I think I might make a thread about it later.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    Hey @Meanbunny, a couple of months ago I started posting in this this thread.

My current character is a female Dwarven Wizard Slayer. I look forward very much to reading about your new character concept.
    YgramulJuliusBorisovMeanbunnylolien