Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Adul is right, especially taking into account that Torment: Tides of Numenera still has Q4 of 2015 as a release date and from several InXile interviews it looks like TToN will be released either in the end of 2015 or in the start of 2016.

I once came to a conclusion that spring is usually a calm period for Beamdog (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40825/it-turnes-out-that-the-spring-is-usually-a-calm-period-for-beamdog#latest) while nearly all their games and major patches were released in October-November.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Not sure if this was already answered or not:

The new AI enhancements will work for BG1 and BG2 too ? Or specifically with DS.

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    maybe they will announce release date at this conference
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yamcha said:

Not sure if this was already answered or not:

The new AI enhancements will work for BG1 and BG2 too ? Or specifically with DS.

@Yamcha It hasn't been answered officially yet. We know that for SoD they've re-designed AI from the scratch, and all characters in SoD, both hostile and friendly, will use new AI. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/655356/#Comment_655356 and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/665127#Comment_665127

In the same time, we know of Beamdog's wish to bring eventually the engine updates to BGEE and BG2EE.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/655178/#Comment_655178

Yet, the developers said that integrating SoD's advanced AI into BG:EE is somewhat more complex than simply merging the code bases together.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/666446/#Comment_666446

A change of this magnitude would involve rewriting the existing AI, not simply setting a few flags. Such an undertaking would be enormous.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/666855/#Comment_666855

So, it remains to be seen whether it will be possible to get the same AI as in SoD in BGEE and BG2EE.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    wojtek said:

If Trent Oster doesn't attend the conference , I don't think they will announce release date,
    i hope you're wrong :)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    wojtek said:

i hope you're wrong :)

I absolutely hope you are right,
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Dayum! I re-watched the trailer and started to reconsider this game. The most boring (to me) heroes are reunited and coming back in SoD. I mean I would understand Minsc (maybe), but the rest, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir. I wan't Edwin, Viconia and Shar-teel.. If this will focus more on the good guys, I will have to drop a couple of hamster tears. :pensive:

Anyway, I am hoping to get some more footage from the game. Would be cool to have a sneak preview or something like that.
    @Riderat There will be three parties: a good, a neutral and an evil, if you want to start a new game in SoD. So it's clear no only "good guys" are coming back, there will be lines for Edwin, Viconia and Safana. As for Shar-Teel, we don't know.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    I figured that much, but yeah, in the trailer you can't see the others apart from Safana. And why are only good guys considered friends there?! :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    wojtek said:

They will do the same as Obsidian: release the expansion, then announce it.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Riderat said:

I figured that much, but yeah, in the trailer you can't see the others apart from Safana. And why are only good guys considered friends there?! :)

Because evil guys are not friends, they are at best unreliable allies :D
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    wojtek said:

"We'll have more content about Siege of Dragonspear on the Beamblog in the following weeks!" written on the beamblog, 10th july :) yeahh following weeks...

Well, at least they're consistent. :/
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Riderat said:

Dayum! I re-watched the trailer and started to reconsider this game. The most boring (to me) heroes are reunited and coming back in SoD. I mean I would understand Minsc (maybe), but the rest, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir. I wan't Edwin, Viconia and Shar-teel.. If this will focus more on the good guys, I will have to drop a couple of hamster tears. :pensive:

Anyway, I am hoping to get some more footage from the game. Would be cool to have a sneak preview or something like that.

The "focus" on them is due to the fact that you end up with them in SOA. That's the "focus". You don't have to start SOD with them. But the end will explain how you wind up with them when Irenicus grabs you, if they weren't with you already.
    wojtek said:

"We'll have more content about Siege of Dragonspear on the Beamblog in the following weeks!" written on the beamblog, 10th july :) yeahh following weeks...

See? This is what happens when the developers give us even a slight promise. People start asking. And this is why it's probably to let the developers "polish everything off" as long as they could.

We still live, but we're currently very busy polishing everything off.

great !maybe you can tell us something more?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

See? This is what happens when the developers give us even a slight promise. People start asking.

The fact that they can't seem to follow through on "even a slight promise" might be slightly more problematic than the fact that people are asking questions. The audience isn't at fault here.
    Post edited by shawne on
    edited September 2015
    i couldn't agree with you more. these nasty people who ask questions.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I was just going to ask about this. Thanks @Arcalian and @bengoshi!
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I'll shut up if I can have a picture of Edwina in Dragonspear Castle.

Thanks!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm quite happy to wait. The only bugs I want to see are in a creeping doom spell! (or in new animations--yes, please more animations!!!!)