Skip to content

Do you collect and read all the ingame books throughout the Game(s)?

T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
  1. Do you collect and read all the ingame books throughout the Game(s)?31 votes
    1. Yes, I read and collect every single one! I am a scholar.
        9.68%
    2. Yes, I store them all in my stronghold/my stash
        9.68%
    3. No, I always intend to read them but never get around to it
      48.39%
    4. 4)I only collect the Rare ones.(one of a kind)
        3.23%
    5. No, I hate reading
        3.23%
    6. Never! If there was an option to burn them, I would!
        3.23%
    7. other.
      22.58%

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I even put the multi-part volumes in order in whatever container I'm using as a book stash. When I change my base of operations, I pick them all up and find a new stash point in whatever town I'm moving to.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    BillyYank said:

Also, when I decided to play around with Near Infinity, the first thing I did was... make a book.

Now my charname carries this around:

Original is here: http://ovalkwiki.com/The+Seventy+Maxims+of+Maximally+Effective+Mercenaries
    And here: http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2004-04-04
    Lol that's great! You are hardcore! I collect all books in every game I usually play.. From elder scroll games to bg. It's a hobby within the game
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Not on a regular basis but I have done this in the past atleast once.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I have read a couple but far from all. I have too little time to play and too short attention span so I don't feel like I have time for it. When I play nowadays I have an hour here and there so I want to maximize the output, meaning as many quests etc in as short time frame as possible.

When I was younger though, I could spend an entire weekend gaming. Aah, those were the days.. ;)
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    When I first got the game, I was reading everything. The rumors, item descriptions, books, letters and so on. Then, for many years I didn't feel the need to do so again. The focus was on completing, exploring, collecting and fighting as much as possible. Nowadays, for a year or so I've reached a point where I want to sink into the world as much as possible, so I read everything again and talk to everyone.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    A lot of it just isn't really relevant to the story at hand - what's the point of reading the complete history of Shadowdale or Halruaa? Sure, it's the lore of Faerun, but it's useless information in relation to BG specifically.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Every once and awhile I'll read the Dead Three; the book that Elvenhair Firebead gives to you.

When I first did the quest I was super excited that he was giving me a book he thought I would enjoy thinking that it was a stat tome, but NOOPPPEEE... thanks Bioware. :angry:

I tend to read the titles of the books at least and figure out why the person that owns them would have a copy but besides that, I hardly crack them open.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Over the years I've probably read all of them at least once. Usually when I'm putting something off I have to do in game or just finished an area and need a break before the next quest.
    I suppose it depends on the mood, sometimes you just don't want to go and kill yet more stuff.
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    I read some of them every time, usually not the ones I 've read before though.
    I enjoy them a lot, they make quite an atmosphere.