Skip to content

Coolest original starting Pokemon?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Bulbasaur had the cutest voice.
    NonnahswriterSmilingSword
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

I'm kinda amazed that Bulbasaur is in the lead,
    what with all the internet hate directed at the little guy.
    Good on you Bulba, good on you, you little tentacle monster you.

Also random question, who else never wanted to evolve Bulba, Squirtle or Char passed stage 2?
    I always felt, stage 1 was cuteness,
    Stage 2 was baddass, all three reminded me of delinquent teenagers,
    and stage 3 was kinda like well the spring time of youth is over, time to get a real job, get fat and start balding.

hahahhahaha, that last line is great
    booinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Also random question, who else never wanted to evolve Bulba, Squirtle or Char passed stage 2?
    I always felt, stage 1 was cuteness,
    Stage 2 was baddass, all three reminded me of delinquent teenagers,
    and stage 3 was kinda like well the spring time of youth is over, time to get a real job, get fat and start balding.

@SmilingSword that is one of the most insightful things I've read here
    SmilingSword
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Welp, I've had Blue, FireRed, and Yellow...and I say...Pikachu, because Pikachu is my favorite pokemon.
    booinyoureyes[Deleted User]elminster
    Does anyone else see the resemblance? A friend of mine called me nuts
    Wartortle

Westbrook

Wartortle

Westbrook

Wartortle Swag

Westbrook Swag
    AedanelminsterNonnahswriterTheElf
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    They are twins, obviously :)
    booinyoureyes
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    He's obviously about to say 'Squirtle Squad' into that mic.
    booinyoureyes
    Its that eyes, nose and huge mouth combo haha

If you gave Westbrook huge ears he'd be a pokemon
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Balbasuar was the choice made by many of my friends because he was OP for the first two gyms. People who wanted a little bit more of a challenge went with charmander.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Thing is, Squirtle imho can easily handle Brock's bad joke of a gym, and Vine Whip is a real PoS technique. It would be worth knowing if it had double he PP, 10 is bad, and on a technique thats hardly a 1 hit ko often? Yeck.

Also, Bulbasaur is garbage vs Zubat, and Mt.Moon has majy Zubats. Also, you can use a pikachu to drop Misty. Well, kinda.
    elminsterSmilingSword
    ah misty, that starmie back in the day would rock me hard, except I would usually try and get my gyarados by then, and gyarados would wreck some shop
    Nimran
    Misty's Starmie gives more xp than Lt. Surge's Raichu.

This disturbs me.
    elminsterSmilingSword
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    DreadKhan said:

Misty's Starmie gives more xp than Lt. Surge's Raichu.

This disturbs me.

It shouldn't. Starmie's a badass. :tongue:
    [Deleted User]Nimran
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Starmie is my HM mule. c:

Starmie is pretty incredible, and Mew is a better mule. You get him early, and since you'll require Abra to get Mew, Abra can take Flash, and you can have 1 Mew handle the other 4 HMs. Surf and Fly can be useful attacks though, so its mostly Cut and Strength. Even Strength isn't BAD, but its hardly Hyperbeam or Bodyslam. ;)

Giving Starmie Surf is a good water attack for him must agree.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    booinyoureyessarevok57

Who is everyone's "cult Pokemon"? Like one you don't see used often, isn't really that useful, but you still like to use because you either really dig their concept or because they are useful (like Starmie as a HM mule)

DELIBIRD! :smiley:

Seriously, look at that bird and tell me he doesn't make you happy. You can't, can you? BECAUSE HE'S FREAKING SANTA CLAUS!

Sure, he's absolutely useless, quadruply weak to rock, and the only move he knows is Present, but the moment you catch him in the Ice Path is the happiest in the game. He's super rare and hard to catch. And he's adorable. :blush: Definitely the favorite pokemon I love to never use. :smiley:

...I want a delibird plushy now... >.>;;

Other cult favorites include Mantine, Lanturn, Girafarig, and Politoed.

...I really loved 2nd Generation... <.<;;
    NimranbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I don't know if they are cult favorites, but my personal favorite team consists of Haxxorus, Houndoom, Lapras, Gardevoir, Aerodactyl, and Blaziken (Kung Pow Chicken).
    booinyoureyes
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I know ONE THING about pokemon.
    so natrually
    elminster said:

Squirtle!

wubblebooinyoureyessarevok57
    Nimran said:

I don't know if they are cult favorites, but my personal favorite team consists of Haxxorus, Houndoom, Lapras, Gardevoir, Aerodactyl, and Blaziken (Kung Pow Chicken).

Haha, @Nimran I had to look up Blaziken after your description and that guy is totally cool. Looks like a rooster that took levels in Sun Soul Monk :D
    Nimran
    I love Kangaskhan, even if she is not exactly great, Comet Punch is hella-cool. Hmm... I almost always catch Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Clefairy (I do use The Clef at times, he's pretty decent).

I do think Slowbro is cool, but he was really awesome in Gen 1 if he relies on Amnesia and Rest. Not likely to win vs Snorlax, but still pretty tough. Depending what attacks you take, he can really clear a field.
    booinyoureyes

Nimran said:

Haha, @Nimran I had to look up Blaziken after your description and that guy is totally cool. Looks like a rooster that took levels in Sun Soul Monk :D
    That is in fact exactly what Blaziken is. :D

I always picked Torchic in Gen 3. ^_^;;
    Nimranbooinyoureyes
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798

Who is everyone's "cult Pokemon"? Like one you don't see used often, isn't really that useful, but you still like to use because you either really dig their concept or because they are useful (like Starmie as a HM mule)

I like Psyduck. He wasn't very good iirc, but I liked him in the show because he has no idea what's going on and even finds his own name confusing.

And yes, I know this is really late, but Russell Wartortle is my favorite thing I've ever seen here and deserves to be seen by all. Although he looks more like original Squirtle to me.
    booinyoureyes
    Has anyone tried this naming challenge sweeping the internet?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon

Try to name all 151 original pokemon in 12 minutes.

(And there's one for each generation!)
    booinyoureyes
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    70/151. Depressingly good seeing as it's been years and years since playing the game/ watching the show. Granted this thread helped, but apparently I watched way too much of it as a kid.
    Nonnahswriter
    it said I only got 118/151 but it should have been 120/151 because I forgot how to spell "wartortle" and "aerodactyl"