Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

So I have this mod installed. If I want to try out your priest and mage kits, I install them and then reinstall this again?

Maybe? I'm not terribly certain about how Weidu's "reinstall" feature works. To be safest, just uninstall NPC_EE, install the kits, and reinstall NPC_EE.
    Okay. I'm going to wait until a few get their next updates and so on. If I'm going to have to hook my stuff up to a slow-ass computer, I'm going to do the mods in bulk.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    Do enjoy the work you've put into this and finally got around to installing this the other day for a new playthrough.

Question though, would it be possible for you to compile a quick readme showing the kit/class descriptions for all the kits and class combos that weren't already in the Enhanced Edition? That way people can read into what a kit or something does before deciding to use it. For example I can't find a description for something like the Alaghor of Clangeddin kit for Yeslick anywhere describing what it does. Like the description it would show at class creation with a small background of the kit, then giving the advantages & disadvantages down below.

Knowing what each kit offers and having a list of those not in the Enhanced Edition by default would be pretty helpful for seeing if I want to kit an NPC with the mod, I don't want to kit an NPC if I'm not sure what that kit does. Your current readme describes what kits you can give NPCs and what mod components are possibly needed to choose them, but doesn't give any actual info to describe the kits that are new. I mentioned some things similar to this in your previous thread talking about this, but I think it would be a helpful addition for those who just want to know what all of the potential kits do and if it's something they'd want.
    lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
    Oh one more thing I noticed that I'm surprised I didn't notice before, there's no option to kit Kagain to anything like Dwarven Defender. In the next update could you maybe add him in with some options?
    Encountered a few things playing through with NPCs Kitted Enhanced.

First thing is that Coran still comes with a longbow when kitting him to single class Thief (Sniper in this case). He has a shortbow in his 2nd weapon slot but a longbow in his main weapon slot still which I was assuming would be changed. His proficiencies seem to be as intended though.

When adding Xzar and Montaron to my party, I had Montaron kitted to a single class Thief (Assassin) but he's given a heavy crossbow in one of his weapon slots which he isn't allowed to use as single class thief, just the light crossbows. His proficiencies seem fair though, just need to give him a light crossbow instead of a heavy crossbow for him being kitted.

These aren't the biggest deals, but getting two free items like that to sell for free early on (if by way of mods you have access to the first Cloakwood area early) seems a bit too much in the player's favor, and would make more sense for them to only have weapons they can use from the start. Will post more if anything else comes up out of the ordinary.
  • ProzhProzh Member Posts: 118
    error
    version 1.1
    component "Just drop Viconia to 1st level" for BGEE
    viconi61.cre must be viconi6.cre (twice)
    Came across something else playing some more. When kitting Ajantis to Cavalier, he still has one of his starting pips in Longbow even though he can't use ranged weapons as a Cavalier. Should change that 4th pip to something else like a 2nd point in two handed swords or something.
  • mininofgruumshmininofgruumsh Member Posts: 12
    So something that annoys me about BG2 is the lack of good thieves, particularly if you're wanting a purely good party. With that in mind, it disappointed me to find out that Imoen's reclassing options retain her dual-classed status in BG2. I imagine this is due to some things that are either non-manipulable or more trouble than they're worth, and so we'll never see a non-dualed Imoen available to us via this mod, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovthelovebat

Dual-class characters are an order of magnitude more difficult to deal with than single-class or multiclass characters. I might be able to switch BG2 Imoen to a *multiclass* mage/thief - there is a bit you can flip for that. And I suppose I could make her a single-class thief, to represent not dualling her in BG1 - have to do a lot of work to strip out any magical abilities, and would probably have to give her an innate Magic Missile ability for story reasons. The big problem right now is I don't have any free time to work on this mod.

Hey, no worries. In case I didn't portray it enough, I LOVE your mods. They're great and bring SO much to the table. It's because I like the mods so much that I felt motivated enough to chime in and ask the question in the first place. :) And hey, if you do make a multi-class Imoen option, I'll dance in the strets. If not, I'll still enjoy the heck out of it all anyway. Keep up the good work, unless you find yourself at a point where you're done; in which case, thanks for all the good work. ^^

• PlainsrunnerPlainsrunner Member Posts: 13
    Real quick question re: Mazzy as Hearthguard. If you do not have any component altering cleric weapon usability (like the one in your Might and Guile mod) do Mazzy's proficiencies get altered? Do her items? Does she lose her haste innate ability?

And a question re: Xan. Does the bladesinger kit you have for him follow your Might and Guile version or the Tome and Blood component? Debating using your M&G or scrounging up the Multikit mod I saw the other day to give him Enchanter and... probably Kensai.

Right in the middle of prepping 2 full runs of 1 and 2 (evil and good, focusing on NPCs I have rarely/never used), and planning stuff out for the future (I realized yesterday I forgot a Rogue for my BG2 party and if I switch my PC to Rogue to cover it, I'll have no priest but Cernd. I may also have no mages due to all of Mazzy's more interesting interactions being with fellow warriors -_-). My evil party is being decidedly less problematic (particularly with the lovely Cleric/Thief Viconia).

PS: I also support the Dwarven Defender for Kagain. Practically perfect for him. Could also see Jan as a Spellfilcher (or Jester/other bard) or Aerie as a Spellbinder instead of only kitting the cleric side. Other than that, I heartily support making Nalia's thief levels a little less useless (either by bumping the number she has prior to dualing (and spending points well) or allowing her to multi, and oh look another spellfilcher candidate. BG2 loves the Thief/Mages).
    Hmm, I'm not sure how the Level 1 NPC mod did it, but could you implement it in such a way that Nalia is reduced to level 1 Thief with experience to X level, and then a script to run at that level to immediately dual her and grant the remaining needed XP. Then again, that sounds like it would probably be ridiculously overdoing it. Multi-ing her is probably significantly easier. I just really appreciate having her as a thief who can actually fulfill my thief needs (most notably the trapfinding/disarming and lock-picking) if I do grab her. Then again, she's currently scheduled with my evil group (I see her just a few steps away from a long fall, particularly in her ToB dialogs), so I'll have Viconia for that. Or maybe Hexxat.

Also, for additional kit suggestions, maybe Barbarian for Shar-Teel? I notice you have nothing for Edwin, Anomen, Xzar, Jan, or any of the new NPCs. I honestly can't imagine needing to switch Edwin around at all. Anomen maybe applying the Priest of Helm kit? Xzar could actually work quite well as a cleric/mage. Already has the Wisdom for it, and would give an early game evil cleric for those who don't want to be map-hopping just to find Viconia. Jan, the best option I can see would be Jester, he's already good at causing confusion and madness in his allies, no reason not to do it to his enemies too. For the EE NPCs, Neera could work with the Wild Sorcerer kit (her way of using magic - as well as every EE Wild Mage - is very sorcerer-style anyway), but Rasaad and Dorn are very solidly tied to their classes. Hexxat... maybe open up some kit options or a fighter thief? Maybe M&G Swashbuckler for Monty too, as it keeps the hybrid fighter that he has anyway, but advances Backstab a bit.

I'm sorry. I keep offering more work, but no help. If you have a tutorial on how you make these changes, I'd be fine to help write them up for you. But I'm next to worthless at figuring it out on my own.
    So I did some cre file editing in NI for a few of the NPCs that I wanted slightly different things for or that had not gotten treatment here yet.

Notably I have a cre for Safana as a corsair (with str and int fiddled with for better usability, but I could easily reset those to their default if it pleased; also changed her weapon to scimitar as the rebalanced weapon profs from BG2Tweaks takes ninja-to prof away from scimitar prof), Dynaheir as a sorcerer (it's been mentioned more than once in threads of this sort), Eldoth as a skald (one of his possible intro dialogues talks about his combat prowess, might be level based, but not sure), Kagain as a dwarven defender, Shar-Teel as a barbarian (I never really liked the berserker kit), and then some more cheat-y kits of Viconia and Tiax as cleric/thieves with their deity kits and Montaron as a fighter/Assassin. I'm also planning to mod Xan into a Kensai/Enchanter (via the m7 multikit mod), but I don't believe that alters the cre file would just copy over to other machines properly then (it requires you to use a script to change a character in party), so probably best if people just be made aware of it if they want it.

Would you like copies of the cre files? Would that be at all helpful?

Also, while I didn't bother with it since I'm not planning to use him, perhaps options for Khalid as a Wizard Slayer (you aren't likely to find another) or a Fighter/Mage (apparently some people dug up that that was his original planned class and love to do it. Course I also read Xan was originally planned as a fighter with ideas of the kensai, so who knows).
    Ah, see, that coding stuff... pretty much all went right over my head. So I probably can't help you much there unfortunately. :( I just made Chr files for the kits desired and then copied over appropriate effects and set the NPC to the kit desired. Only one I'm a touch uncertain about is Shar-Teel, as I couldn't find any effect corresponding to the backstab immunity, and I might have entered in the wrong HP when updating that. Nevertheless I'm happy with my playthrough at this point.
    Oh dear. And there goes my desire to put out some NPC mods. :/
    Ardulronaldo[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2016
    CahirJamesJuliusBorisov
    So I haven't tested extensively yet, but I'm running into a problem directly after installing the mod in BG2; upon finishing the opening cinematic and getting Imoen in my party (thief/mage selected in mod install), she goes into an infinite loop of gaining Choose Cantrip uses.
    Quick follow-up, uninstalling the Imoen stuff for BG2 quells the Choose Cantrip loop.
    edited January 2016
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited January 2016

So I haven't tested extensively yet, but I'm running into a problem directly after installing the mod in BG2; upon finishing the opening cinematic and getting Imoen in my party (thief/mage selected in mod install), she goes into an infinite loop of gaining Choose Cantrip uses.

I just started a new BGEE game with this mod installed and getting the same thing. Using v 2.0 of NPC_EE.

I did notice that after uninstalling NPC_EE and loading the autosave right after Candlekeep, Imoen changes classes (I choose Thief/Mage) and there is no infinite loop. So it seems to work fine if I uninstall and reload a save. Just recruited Montaron and Xzar and Montaron had a class change without the infinite loop as well. I don't have the option to change kits via special ability, but that's expected since I uninstalled.

EDIT: While playing the save file that had the uninstalled NPC_EE mod I mentioned in the last paragraph, it seems like the female NPCs had male voices when casting spells; both Imoen and Jaheira had male wizard voices when casting. So I started a new game, got past Candlekeep and manually changed Imoen into a mage/thief using EEKeeper, and she had the correct female voice clips when casting. I don't know if the wrong voice clips were playing because of the mod or because I uninstalled it and started from a save game that previously had the mod installed, but you might want to check it out just in case. I didn't clear out my override folder after uninstalling though, so the glitch could be on my end as well.
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on