Skip to content

Easter Eggs In Baldurs Gate ** Spoiler**

14567810»

Comments

• ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    Hopefully the fact I've got mods installed doesn't screw this up for you. If it does let me know and I'll get you a save from a clean install.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited April 2015
    For some reason, when I tried this Easter Egg, my game turned Elminster into... Montaron!?

Where am I?? D:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

For some reason, when I tried this Easter Egg, my game turned Elminster into... Montaron!?

Where am I?? D:

Mine had the same effect lol
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    bengoshi said:

It would have been excellent to have her there as a thief option.

Agreed! - especially since BG2 suffered from a lack of thief NPCs.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2015
    Lack of thief NPCs seems to be a chronic problem in RPGs... I'm looking at you PoE...
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Arnaeus said:

Hopefully the fact I've got mods installed doesn't screw this up for you. If it does let me know and I'll get you a save from a clean install.

Thanks! I'll try loading it this evening and see what happens.

edited April 2015
    @procco Let me know if it brings any trouble and I'll upload a save from a clean game. I just don't want to upload another one right now if there is no necessity :)
    @mlnevese will do, thanks.
    Alora in BG2.
    If only.

OOONNNEEE DAY, YOU WILL LEARN AND YOU WILL BURN LIKE MY HEART BURNS!
    Arnaeus said:

I tried this out but it seems pretty buggy...if its no trouble to load a save from a clean install I'd appreciate it!
    @procco I will as soon as I get home. If nobody does it first :)
    @procco A clean save attached :) Have fun :)
    Thanks a million! Oh, so much gaming to do...don't even know where to start. Between goofing around with this, my current run of BG1, PoE, Avernum 2 (which just came out on iPad), and I also just got turned on to Star Control 2 (which looks to be super rad), I don't even know where to start.
    procco said:

Thanks a million! Oh, so much gaming to do...don't even know where to start. Between goofing around with this, my current run of BG1, PoE, Avernum 2 (which just came out on iPad), and I also just got turned on to Star Control 2 (which looks to be super rad), I don't even know where to start.

Your feels.
    I feel them.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    If you don't have a numpad because you use a notebook, search for a key that has "NUM LK" as a secondary function (the one that can be activated by holding the "fn" button). If you do that and then hit CTRL+I in the character generation screen, it works.

It turns out every notebook has a "hidden" numpad that can be activated.

More info here: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-hidden-numeric-keypad-on-your-laptop.html
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    bengoshi said:
    I just dig it out. Is it still working in current version. I have Steam version and ctrl+5 didn't work. I use the numpad "5".
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    Darkarrow said:

Anyone ever tried to steal from Drizzt the first time you meet him? You could get a pretty amazing blade. Two if you were extremely lucky. Cimeter if I remember well.

In BG Vanilla, you can pickpocket both swords, not with Tutu etc. However he is mortal!!!
    edited January 2017

Don't know if this is an eater egg but ...

It's possible to get a dagger +1 from that paladin in Candlekeep if you yourself are a paladin with 18 charisma

It doesn't need to be a paladin, and it is also possible to pickpocket that dagger if you are a good enough thief.

ajwz said:

Not really a true easter egg, but if you go to the top floor of candlekeep library before talking to "koveras" (or use inv pots so you dont get arrested), there are about 3 locked chests with a *Ton* of gold and valuable jewels inside.

You can also get these after talking to Koveras, you just need to be hasted or invisible to avoid conversation. With one of the chests, if you open it in sight of others, the guards turn up, but if you become visible that character will aproach you. If you move away from the chest, he will not see you open it and the guards don't turn up.
    Shin said:

Not exactly an easter egg, but baffled me a bit in my latest playthrough since I'd never seen it before:

If you help out Aldeth Sashenstar in the Cloakwood, then help him again with his consortium in Baldur's Gate and become good friends with him; and then in chapter 7, when you're wanted for murder and hunted all over town if you visit Aldeth in his consortium he will pretend to be friendly and then proceed to sell you out to the Flaming Fist. The bastard. I think next time I may side with the shadow druids.

If you do his quest, you can then kill him and his friend with no loss of reputation. :)

edited January 2017
    Dr_Atomic said:

"I am become" isn't poor grammar, just archaic. There used to be a rule in English that, if you used a participle to describe the subject's movement or state ("come," "become," "gone," etc.) then you used the verb "to be" instead of "have." Hence why a church sign will read "Christ is risen" and not "Christ has risen."

This rule doesn't really exist in English anymore, but it's still used in German. E.g. "Ich bin gekommen, um Sie zu sehen" literally means "I am come to see you."

I disagree. For a superceded law, you would say: "This law is superceded." It may not be common, but it is still used, certainly in England, but then in parts of England we still use words like thee and thou when talking to a friend.
    edited January 2017
    As far as I know, nobody has mentioned the helm of opposite alignment, and the gauntlets found on the demonknight at the top of Durlag's Tower in vanilla. Not available in Tutu as the nature of the spell got changed! :( I don't know about BGT. You have to use a scroll to stop him teleporting away. Then use weapons such as the returning throwing axe to kill him. It is not easy to kill him before the spell runs out. Some weapons don't work as he is protected from magic!!!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Looking at the thread necromancy, I'd definitely say we have an Easter Omelette from Wise_Grimwald here.
    ThacoBell said:

In the EEs he drops the helm when beaten at the dungeon now.

I'll have to try it again in that case.