Skip to content

Lindsey Stirling the Bard

If you've been considering playing a Bard, search Google Images and YouTube for Lindsey Stirling. Most to the point:
lolienJuliusBorisovNonnahswriterBillyYankbooinyoureyesBelgarathMTH

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Magic is impressive, but now Boo leads... fiddles for everyone!

Very cool video. This Lindsey looks a little like the Lohan, except sexier and without the crazy.
    I like the eyes at 1:56. Helm sees all! Know that and be judged!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    She's very clever. I've seen her before, riding on the wave of popular games with equal parts of cosplay and cool music. She had alot of views on her Skyrim and AC videos IIRC.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    0:38-0:41 reminds me of @Nonnahswriter :)
    NonnahswriterbooinyoureyesAbi_Dalzim
  • vladpenvladpen Member Posts: 88
    I don't think it's fair to say that she's "clever" and "riding on the wave". I found out about her long before she started doing this, because I heard her music on Pandora. I think it's obvious she's doing this because she's enjoying it. No reason to compliment her like she's devious.
    NonnahswriterNimran
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Looks like I've finally found my new Heather Alexander.

Her Shatter Me album is only 5.99 USD at Amazon.
    vladpen said:

I don't think it's fair to say that she's "clever" and "riding on the wave". I found out about her long before she started doing this, because I heard her music on Pandora. I think it's obvious she's doing this because she's enjoying it. No reason to compliment her like she's devious.

Taking advantage of business opportunities isn't devious. It can be clever though. I find that an odd interpretation by you. She obviously enjoys her work, like most artists, but would still like to get paid and gain exposure. That's only logical, and I don't think Skatan called her clever in a demeaning way.
    jackjack

I find that an odd interpretation by you. She obviously enjoys her work, like most artists, but would still like to get paid and gain exposure. That's only logical, and I don't think Skatan called her clever in a demeaning way.

You have two popular artists. One is renown for the clever way he is able to ride on the wave of the popular. The other is renown for composing and performing music that possesses a unique quality of ecstatic joy. Which artist is better?
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Define "better" in context. I bet the guy who rides the popularity wave is richer and more famous. Lots of people would define that as the "better" outcome
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

vladpen said:

Taking advantage of business opportunities isn't devious. It can be clever though. I find that an odd interpretation by you. She obviously enjoys her work, like most artists, but would still like to get paid and gain exposure. That's only logical, and I don't think Skatan called her clever in a demeaning way.
    @vladpen: Don't draw conclusions based on incorrect interpretations of my intentions. It would have been better to write it out as a question rather than a statement. I gave her a compliment and when saying she's clever I mean just that; she's clever. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think clever = devious, that's up to you, but don't apply your personal opinions on others.

Of course she's riding on the wave of popular games while cosplaying and performing music from the games. Does that make her devious? Of course not, it makes her smart and not at all less talented.

And about the "better artist" question, that's subjective and there's no correct answer, so no point in discussing it really.
    Nonnahswriterbooinyoureyesjackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If I had to guess, I'd say that Bioware approached her for the video, rather than the other way around. It's not "riding the wave of success" if you're just saying yes to a contract.
    cmk24Nonnahswriterjackjack
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Bioware. Those greedy corporate bastards.
    SethDavis
    What does it say about Dragon Age: Inquisition that it's riding on the wave of Lindsey Stirling's success?
    FinneousPJNonnahswriterjackjack
    vladpen said:

I find that an odd interpretation by you. She obviously enjoys her work, like most artists, but would still like to get paid and gain exposure. That's only logical, and I don't think Skatan called her clever in a demeaning way.

You have two popular artists. One is renown for the clever way he is able to ride on the wave of the popular. The other is renown for composing and performing music that possesses a unique quality of ecstatic joy. Which artist is better?
    That depends on factors completely unrelated to what you are talking about...
    Skatanjackjack
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    That was painful to watch.

Really like the music. Not so much with the cheesy video.