Skip to content

Stats that you never like dumping...

2»

Comments

• jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Dex, con, str, wis, int, cha in that order if making "me" Charisma I often dump a bit. I never go for mega rolls and don't start with a single 18.

I like to have fun by making non-me chars too, though then I tend to pick stats by class.
    Skarose
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited November 2015
    Wow Sarevok lost a lot of stats

Sarevok in BG1: Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 14

Sarevok in ToB: Str 18/00, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 15

I know this was just probably to make him less OP as a joinable NPC, but I do like to think the loss of his divine essence caused him to lose 8 stat points.
    semiticgoddessSkarose
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited November 2015
    Hey @bengoshi are you sure Sarevok's BG1 stats were?

Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 14

Because the baldursgate wiki has them at

Str 18/00, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 13

for BG1.
    Skarose
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @SmilingSword It has to be a BG1 vanilla - TotSC change (nerfing of Sarevok). @ZanathKariashi gave the Sarevok's vanilla stats here - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75251-baldurs-gate/59488831?page=1
    SmilingSwordsemiticgoddessSkarose
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    bengoshi said:

Grum said:

Do the bhaalspawn bosses have any stats? It'd be interesting to compare.

They have (except for Illasera) god stats:

Sarevok in BG1: Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 14

Gromnir: 19, 19, 19, 9, 10, 12

Yaga-Shura: 23, 15, 18, 11, 10, 11

Balthazar: 22, 22, 20, 15, 15, 13

Mellisan: 19, 20, 22, 18, 19, 21

Illasera 17, 17, 9, 14, 14, 9

At least, you can say they don't have "dump" stats (except for the poor Illasera the Quick).
    Amazing! Thanks Bengoshi.

Man, Mellisan has some OP stats.

The best I've ever gotten was a shadow dancer/fighter.
    22, 20, 22, 11, 12, 20

And an Inquisitor
    20, 18, 20, 14, 18, 21

But even with those rolls, it still pales in comparison to Balthazar and Mellisan.

This...kinda makes me want to roll for a few hours until I can get stats to match these guys.
    SkaroseJuliusBorisovPK2748
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    @Grum I think my Demigod of Mage/Thieves is well on his way. He's still in BGEE and has a few more tomes to aquire :wink:
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I need to join the group that rolls more I think. I settled for a 93 and now I feel weak
    Skarose
    Now that is some good rolling! Given that he is good, and going by his levels, his final stats should be...

Strength: 17 (lum)
    Dexterity: 20 (lum, but loses a point in hell)
    Constitution: 17 (lum)
    Intelligence: 21 (lum and if you are willing to cheese it, the deck of many things)
    Wisdom: 16 (lum and hell trials give +2, getting through the door in your dream is -1)
    Charisma: 19 (lum and hell trials)

Compared to Mellisan:

19, 20, 22, 18, 19, 21

So -2 strength, -4 constitution, +1 intelligence, -3 wisdom, -2 Charisma.

Now, Mellisan might have some items which give her stat bonuses. Heck, I'd be surprised if she didn't. So with that in mind, you could have the girdle of fire giant strength, giving you strength 22. Or Angurvadal. Combine that with headband of the devout for strength 25.

That'd give you +6 strength, -4 constitution, +1 intelligence, -3 wisdom, -2 Charisma.

For a grand total of -2 stat points. You can make this completely even with the nymph cloak (+2 charisma) and your stats are even, points wise.

So congrats! Indeed you are well on your way to being the greatest bhaalspawn!

SkarosesemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
    @Grum Crowe hasn't completed BGEE yet and still has to attain the strength Tome and two more wisdom tomes :wink:

Final Stats should be

18 STR
    20 DEX *(21 DEX)
    17 CON
    21 INT
    18 WIS
    19 CHA

*Might let somebody die in hell for the 21 DEX :wink:
    Skarose said:

@Grum Crowe hasn't completed BGEE yet and still has to attain the strength Tome and two more wisdom tomes :wink:

Final Stats should be

18 STR
    20 DEX *(21 DEX)
    17 CON
    21 INT
    18 WIS
    19 CHA

*Might let somebody die in hell for the 21 DEX :wink:

Very nice! Take Hexxat and let her die. She has done nothing to make her trustworthy up until that point and is an admitted murderer. Let her outlive her usefulness without guilt. ;)

Or you could just say that nothing else killed her so your charname thought this would be no different.
    Skarosesemiticgoddess
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    how does Y-S have 11 intelligence, he can't even decide whether to talk in first or third person
    jesterdesuSkarose
  • YelocessejYelocessej Member Posts: 182
    Charisma because of leadership. Int and Wis because of the PC's journal entries (a dumb jock wouldn't write like that!).
    Skarose
    I've started Shadows of Amn. The Demigod path continues with ever-growing stats. Tell my Bhaal-Kin I am coming...
    Those are indeed some godly stats! Nice rolling there. Add in strength boosting equipment and you have a true Demi-God
    Skarose
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I never understood why in games the least-useful stat is called the dump stat. That term sounds like it would refer to the good stat that you dump all your points into.
    semiticgoddess[Deleted User]
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @OlvynChuru I think it refers to an actual dump, as do you throw useless or useful stuff in the dump?
    [Deleted User]
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Aerakar said:

(...) I can never resist getting the full constitution bonus, ever. This means my shorty characters always need at least 18 constitution for the full saving throw bonuses, no matter their class.

(...) I tend to play shorty thievish characters (...) and like to have the combat abilities all high and (...) average intelligence and roleplay him as a clever rogue.(...) I like to roleplay as him gaining insight and wisdom from his adventures.

I make my shorty thieves in a similar way. Except I sometimes settle with 6WIS, but eat tomes! The combat stats always max, even illusionist/thief got 18STR. I also like the charismatic rouge, he shold have at least 10 CHA. I am playing through with a gnome illusionist/thief, a 94 roll... But I could still use a few points :wink:

18STR
    18DEX
    17CON (I didn't like that! Get me a tome!)
    18INT
    15WIS ( I... need... tomes...)
    8CHA (nooooo!)
    AerakarSkarose
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I can never dump Intelligence or Charisma. Constitution and Wisdom are my easist dump stat. Common sense is for losers and Con doesn't matter if I never get hit :smiley:

Legit though
    My current Bard in BG:EE has a 7 in Con currently but with his +2 chain, buckler, claw of whatever, and defensive stance he has like -8 AC.

My normal stat roll I aim for all my chars is an 87.
    AerakarSkarose