Skip to content

It's obviously a bug

Dwarf can play as a cleric or a thief , but dwarf can't play as a Cleric/thief , but gnome can ???

so funny that is !!!

can you fix this bug ???

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A gnome can play as a cleric or thief, as well as a cleric/thief. Same goes for half-orcs.
    A halfling can play as a cleric or thief, but not as a cleric/thief. Same goes for dwarves.

The rules might not make sense, but they are consistent. The dwarf is not the only one that can't be a cleric/thief, and a gnome is not the only one that can be.

You should be able to find a mod to remove all racial restrictions through Google.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2015
    Personally I agree its a stupid restriction (especially for Halflings since they only get one multiclass option), but its consistent with 2nd edition D&D rules and its how the game has always been. So this is not a bug.
  • nao83nao83 Member Posts: 3
    thank you , I like dwarf and I really want play as a dwarf mage . In dnd worlds , dwarf could be a mage like other race .

A gnome can play as a cleric or thief, as well as a cleric/thief. Same goes for half-orcs.
    A halfling can play as a cleric or thief, but not as a cleric/thief. Same goes for dwarves.

The rules might not make sense, but they are consistent. The dwarf is not the only one that can't be a cleric/thief, and a gnome is not the only one that can be.

You should be able to find a mod to remove all racial restrictions through Google.

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Not in 2nd edition, which is the ruleset these games are based on.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterjoluvDexter
  • solomonhumesolomonhume Member Posts: 10
    The only weapon a cleric/thief can back-stab is quarterstaff. This is a no to me
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2015

The only weapon a cleric/thief can back-stab is quarterstaff. This is a no to me

That and clubs. Though staves are the best backstabbing weapons anyways.

Edit: I was thinking of BGEE/BG2EE there. I suppose there are probably better weapons for backstabbing in IWDEE.
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can also backstab with your fists.
    Rodrian
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    In BG series you could backstab with spiritual hammer (spell) as well altho some folks considered this a bug - don't know if this works in IWDEE
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Wanderon said:

In BG series you could backstab with spiritual hammer (spell) as well altho some folks considered this a bug - don't know if this works in IWDEE

It does, plus you can use Spiritual Hammer for a ranged backstab.
    JuliusBorisovSkatansemiticgoddess
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426

plus you can use Spiritual Hammer for a ranged backstab.

it sounds so wrong.. yet so tempting :naughty:
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Perhaps the spirit is just being benevolent to the caster... :wink: