Skip to content

is this is a typo?

I knew SOD is BG1 ee after play Expansion but...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What typo do you have in mind?

The description seems right, SoD will be an expansion for BGEE and its storyline will happen during the time between the events from BG1 and BG2.

It will explain what happened to Charname and his friends after BG1 ended.

You can read more information about SoD here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40963/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-previously-known-as-the-adventure-y-project#latest
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @craghack: I don't get it either. What 'typo' are you talking about?

Are you are refering to these two lines?

"Expand your story: Continue your story in Baldur's Gate 2:EE after completing SoD"
    and
    "BG:DoD adds a new storyline to the BG:EE saga. The events occruing between BG and BG2 are at last revealed.. "
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Is it the fact that it says 'new storyline to the BG:EE saga' instead of 'continuing the storyline of the BG:EE saga'? Because in the first instance it could seem like there would be something totally different happening in BG:EE instead of adding to the already existing storyline.
    That may be it @Doubledimas. I interpret it as SoD adding a new storyline to the BG:EE saga just as ToB adds a new storyline to BG2:EE. The keyword being "to" the saga and not "in", hence adding to the existing one and not replacing it (I'm not a native english speaker, so I may mess up the prepositions here though).
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    It's the title itself. Siege of Dragonspear is just spellchecker having a bit of fun with everyone. The game is actually going to be titled Sage of Dragoonspar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    It's kinda funny how we are still discussion this even if the OP hasn't come back to explain what he/she actually meant.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @typo_tilly I agree with you that it would be really nitpicky to put an "I" in BG:EE. It would probably also be both against contract and incorrect. After all, the original game wasn't named Baldur's Gate I (ever). It was just Baldur's Gate. Then Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast. The enhanced editions just take the original title and add ": Enhanced Edition". SoD is looking like it's going to be Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear in keeping with the theme already set by the previous expansion.

I suppose it could get confusing when talking about the series as a whole in the same context as the individual games, but then I think I would just add "series" to the context when I mean that, and leave the game titles as originally set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.