Skip to content

Can't log in from mobile

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
Normally I use this forum from my laptop, and have no problem logging in.

Occasionally, when I'm on the move, I've tried to log in from my mobile. Always my login is rejected - it just asks me to try again, over and over. Of course I'm using the same username and the same password, with the same capitalisation etc., but the mobile version simply doesn't work. (Nevertheless the site is perfectly readable from mobile, it's just that I can't log in and contribute.)

Is this a known issue for other forum members, or is it peculiar to me?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Bump. Has no-one else experienced such an issue?
    Second bump. It continues never to have possible to log in from my mobile. Has anyone else ever been able to use the site from a mobile?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Yeah I can, you might want to try clearing your cookies on your mobile.
    edited November 2015
    Good idea, @wubble, and thanks for that ... but I tried it, and still no go.

Good idea, @wubble, and thanks for that ... but I tried it, and still no go.

which browser are you using and what model of phone is it?
    It's a BB 9800, using its built-in browser.
    Ah, Blackberry, that could explain it. I've never used blackberries myself but I have a feeling that most of the people (including myself) that use the forums on their phones do so on smartphones.
    Not sure what you mean, @wubble. Obviously it's a smartphone.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Not sure what you mean, @wubble. Obviously it's a smartphone.

Not smart enough in @wubble's opinion, it seems.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited December 2015
    @Gallowglass have you tried to change a browser? I don't know what OS BB uses and if it has downloadable apps, but on my Android tablet I simply cannot log in on SHS forums using Dolphin browser, while i.e Chrome browser works just fine. Strangely, I can log in on SHS using Dolphin on my phone without any hassle (also Android).
    Cahir said:

@Gallowglass have you tried to change a browser? I don't know what OS BB uses and if it has downloadable apps, but on my Android tablet I simply cannot log in on SHS forums using Dolphin browser, while i.e Chrome browser works just fine. Strangely, I can log in on SHS using Dolphin on my phone without any hassle (also Android).

Interesting, that sounds worth trying. BB write their own OS which comes with a built-in browser, but of course apps are downloadable, so I'll go look into alternate browsers. Thanks.
  • Val720nyfbVal720nyfb Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Val720nyfb I've verified you, try again and see if it changes anything.