Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Vitor said:

Sure. Argent does mean Silver, but doesn't mean "Dragon".

Of course not. But a "ruler of the sky" could easily be interpreted to mean a Dragon (if you were looking for an excuse to justify a fixation), in which case "silver ruler of the sky" would mean a Silver Dragon. That's every bit as plausible as your insistence that the name implies some sort of celestial, but I don't believe either theory.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    She probably just wears shiny silver armour...
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,458
    I'm thinking she could be an Aasimar. I know strong Aasimar do resemble their celestial lineage.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    march, april or may for release?
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    wojtek said:

march, april ? I don't think so. It's too early. They need to have more time to beta testing ;-)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It takes more than 3 months to get bugs hammered out. At least 6 seems likely.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Fardragon said:

It takes more than 3 months to get bugs hammered out. At least 6 seems likely.

from the Dragon+ article:
    Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear releases in early 2016 for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS and Android.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    "Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear releases in early 2016Baldur’s Gate"

Sounds like January 1st for sure! :wink:
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2015
    isgorath1 said:

wojtek said:

march, april ? I don't think so. It's too early. They need to have more time to beta testing ;-)
    They might be already amending bugs and etc. I guess SoD will be released on February.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

Fardragon said:

It takes more than 3 months to get bugs hammered out.

This is true, but much of Dragonspear has been rather mature for the better part of a year at this point and has undergone multiple rounds of testing.
    so 2 months?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @PhillipDaigle And how about the BG:EE patch? How is that coming along?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Fardragon said:

It takes more than 3 months to get bugs hammered out.

This is true, but much of Dragonspear has been rather mature for the better part of a year at this point and has undergone multiple rounds of testing.
    Gee, innocent optimism is so cute.

See you in June.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    My prediction, it will come out 3 weeks after they start the (closed?) beta.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    How long was IWD:EE in beta stage ? Maybe similar time would be needed also.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    IWDEE was announced at PAX in the last days of August, 2014, with the game release on October, 30. So, it took nearly 2 full months for a beta stage and all.

So, getting SoD (which has already undergone multiple rounds of testing) in the end of February/start of March is a possibility.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2015
    I own BGEE on beamdog client. Will the expansion be sold through there as well or do I need to get someone to move my BGEE purchase to Steam or GoG? Is it even possible to get it moved?
    I only bought it through beamdog client because at release that was the only way.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Torin, be careful not to buy the expansion on steam or GOG then, and yes it will be available from Beamdog too, so no worrys!

About the lootssystem:
    In IWD and BG2's EE we can quickloot without being physically near the loot. Will this system be updated for BG1 too with the Dragonspear addon?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Yamcha

So, they're "a long way past even the IWDEE codebase", so all features available there will be in BGEE after a patch. And who knows, maybe the Quick Loot feature will be improved even further.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    This is nice, looting all those Xvarts and Gibberlings such a hassle as it is
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Maybe that means they'll get around to kitting Branwen as a Priest of Tempus.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Yamcha said:

Torin, be careful not to buy the expansion on steam or GOG then, and yes it will be available from Beamdog too, so no worrys!

About the lootssystem:
    In IWD and BG2's EE we can quickloot without being physically near the loot. Will this system be updated for BG1 too with the Dragonspear addon?

Are you saying that the expansion will only work if you buy it from the same vendor that you bought the base game from? How does that work with my hard (boxed) copies?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited December 2015
    dunbar said:

Are you saying that the expansion will only work if you buy it from the same vendor that you bought the base game from? How does that work with my hard (boxed) copies?

You mean if you want to get it in digital form onto your boxed copy? If it's not steam than you should get it from Beamdog directly.

Will there be some gameplay footage demonstration before Christmas or before New year ?

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015
    brus said:

Will there be some gameplay footage demonstration before Christmas or before New year ?

Beamdog's offices will be closed during that period. Also people at WoTC probably have time off as well (affecting approvals and what not).
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited December 2015
    Fardragon said:

IMO, chance of silver lady being a celestial = 0.0001%

I would lay better odds on her being a chicken.

Am I the only one who found a chicken laying joke in this statement?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nimran said:

Am I the only one who found a chicken laying joke in this statement?

Yes, yes you are.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Until now...