Skip to content

This is the Baulders Gate hall of fame quest!

TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
If you have beaten this hole game with zero deaths to your main character, please enter it here?

'I see your troll and raise you 20 more'

;):) !)

Comments

• TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2015
    Spoiler alert: no trolls aloud, it's a simple question, only answerable by a characters name.

'For who is more the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?'

All nationalites welcome - unative to english. (I'm Dutch)
    Post edited by Tymaker on
    Gotural
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Sil, Cleric of Lathander(11)->Mage (BG2 and ToB only)
    JLeeCaeriaJuliusBorisovGotural
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Respect to all of you who have pulled it off. One thing or another always led to my undoing. One day...one day.
    TymakerGrumJuliusBorisovGotural
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    I mostly only finish no-reload runs, as I find I quickly lose interest in anything else, so I've finished with quite a few characters: Liessa (elven swashbuckler), Ariella (half-elven shadowdancer), Kylar (half-elven blackguard), Lysten (elven cleric/ranger), Lyna (elven skald), Iola (elven fighter/thief), Emie (elven fighter/mage/thief), Belle (elven cavalier), Etta (elven kensai--->thief), Talassen (elven wizard slayer with wsr), Tayvia (elven assassin), and my canon character and favorite, Caeria (elven archer). There's probably more, but that's who I know off the top of my head. You can probably tell my favorite race to play, heh. Uhm, also, I play this game too much, clearly.
    GrumJuliusBorisovTymakerGotural
    edited December 2015
    ....... I'm silent.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Caeria said:

I mostly only finish no-reload runs, as I find I quickly lose interest in anything else, so I've finished with quite a few characters: Liessa (elven swashbuckler), Ariella (half-elven shadowdancer), Kylar (half-elven blackguard), Lysten (elven cleric/ranger), Lyna (elven skald), Iola (elven fighter/thief), Emie (elven fighter/mage/thief), Belle (elven cavalier), Etta (elven kensai--->thief), Talassen (elven wizard slayer with wsr), Tayvia (elven assassin), and my canon character and favorite, Caeria (elven archer). There's probably more, but that's who I know off the top of my head. You can probably tell my favorite race to play, heh. Uhm, also, I play this game too much, clearly.

As a dwarf fan, I totally get you on that. Tell me, did you do the elven BG1 run?

Charname
    Coran
    Kivan
    Xan
    Jaheira
    Khalid

Comes with a tank, a healer, a Mage and a thief/archer. Leaving Charname to be anything. I did that for my fighter/Mage elf run and it just felt so right.

It's just too bad that you can't do it in baldurs gate 2.
    CaeriaJuliusBorisovTymaker
    @Grum I wish I could like, agree, and insightful that ^^

Yes! I love the elven BG1 run, it has all my favorite characters, and it's my favorite run! The hard part is not doing it every time for some variety, heh. The only thing I feel bad about is that I have to ditch Imoen, but I feel much better leaving her alone in the first game than in the second, because at least I'm not leaving her to die. I just imagine she settles down comfortably in an inn, out of harm's way, while she waits for me and we meet up to celebrate after the Sarevok's defeat. Totally could happen.

I've actually done a similarish elven run in BG2 (with mod characters, obviously), as Jaheira is of course in the game and you can get everyone else but Khalid back through mods. (Poor Khalid...there's always a big gaping hole in my heart when I play BG2.) I take Imoen to replace him, since I feel pretty much like a murderer if I leave her at Spellhold. I don't always do BG2 like this, but sometimes I like to do it like that for some continuity :smile:
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    For BG1 try taking her to high hedge. There she can learn magic for BG2!

And aye...BG2 is really lacking when it comes to the elder races. Only 1 dwarf (sadly evil) and 1 elf (drow, evil).
    CaeriaTymakerGanda
    @Grum Oooh, I like that idea. I will definitely leave her at high hedge next time :smile:

Yeah, it seems like almost all NPCc in BG2 are humans...which is pretty boring, all things considered. I see humans every day, when I visit the FR I want to see other races! Aerie is an elf too, but other than that, pretty much everyone is human, except I guess Jan, who I never use. Oh, and I guess three of the EE NPCs are non-human, but I don't really play with any of them either. I don't know what bioware was thinking :frowning:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    BG and BG2 SoA - Yahiko, a totemic druid

ToB - still haven't managed to beat it without reloads
    CaeriasemiticgoddessGotural
    @bengoshi You'll do it one day, I'm sure! It's very, very difficult, but not even in the realm of impossible :smile:
    JuliusBorisovGotural
    Thank you so much @Blackraven! Maybe I will share there, when I start a new run, since I'm in the middle of one right now. Or five. I'm that person who has multiple playthroughs going on at the same time ^^

The only reason I'm reasonably good at this game (if I do say so myself) is I quite literally grew up on it. The original BG1 came out when I was three years old (ahh, you know my age now), and when I was small I used to sit and watch my dad play it, and as boring as that probably sounds, little me actually found it highly entertaining and I learned a lot that way, which I don't think many people get to do firsthand. He also let me play it, much to my mother's horror, and while at first I pretty much just wandered around talking to people, within a few years I had it figured out.

One of my earliest memories, actually, is changing the discs out for the game. So I've been playing the BG saga pretty much consistently for about seventeen years now. I know I am not alone in this, but it is one of the reasons why there's very little that surprises me, even with SCS/Tactics/Ascension (I only have SCS installed atm, though).

I mostly only play no-reload runs because once my Bhaalspawn dies, they're pretty much dead to me and I lose interest. But, no-reload runs are difficult, and I still die a lot. It's just part of the risk, without which there would be no reward :smile:
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2015
    Hey Dream? Sorry about that, this is actually my first time handling multiple player, I was just looking how to add you when you left.

I thought players could just jump in if they have the PW?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenTymakerCaeriaJuliusBorisov
    thespace said:

Challenge accepted. Now what class to attempt this with? Shadowdancer? F/T? Archer? Something stealthy.

I recommend an archer. But, I'm biased :smile:
    [Deleted User]semiticgoddessBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
    @thespace: I love that portrait! I used that for a halfling Seducer in a previous run.
    [Deleted User]CaeriaBlackravenJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2015
    @thespace Yay, we need more archers in the world! She's cute, and has great stats :smile: I'd love to hear all about your efforts, she seems like a great character! I think you'll do great :smile:

Edit: Uhm, I think I abused the word great. Well English is not my best language, so, whatever :smile:
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenCaeria
    @thespace: The Seducer is a thief kit I created a while back. I haven't touched it in a while, but it was fully functioning in vanilla. I could update it for EE. It first appears on page 19 of the no-reload thread.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/660947#Comment_660947

Long story short, it's a thief kit with the ability to charm any critter in the entire game, even bosses, through all spell protections and immunities and resistances. But the ability isn't very reliable and the kit has tons of penalties to balance it out. I used a halfling with that portrait named Ara Minerva to play-test the Seducer kit. It's balanced for a no-reload run.
    CaeriaGotural[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2015
    My last run through SOA, Standolf (elven sorcer) died at the demon knights in the tadpol underdark cave, and there was one more but I forget.

Currently trying do it on Multie-player in BG - Game is called: Hall Of Fame - HC mode. No PW

Currently still level one.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    Selangor, the Gnome Fighter/Illusionist.

I treated each game as a "checkpoint", so the character completed each individual game without dying, but not the whole trilogy in a single run. But mind you, this was a completely solo run, on Insane, with SCS installed.

I'm considering doing another run with a new character, one that will finish the whole trilogy without a single reload. I think I've just forgotten the pain of the previous run.
    semiticgoddessTymakerJuliusBorisovGotural
    Nice @Bynary_Fission. I'm finding difficults to run as a sole character in this game, it's just not like the good old days in NWN 1&2.

So I made a party of 4. 1 fighter. 1 cleric. 1 rogue. 1 sorcer.
    edited December 2015
    Well, I just went to play on it only to discover everything got wiped... I'll try one more time, or I give up in multy player.

Nope, ha-ha, its cause I was in the blackpits... Game on! (as we said in street hockey)
    Post edited by Tymaker on