Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    anyway enjoy the soundsets then
    JuliusBorisovlolienGemHoundthelovebat
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @smeagolheart During our multiplayer run several people have been saying that the lines and the sound don't match with each other (check characters called Moros and Llolnae, for example). I'm attaching a save for you to look and to check
    @bengoshi So is save from BGEE, IWDEE or BG2EE?

Also, each guy would have to install their mods in the exact same order it it would give different results because it would be pointing to different string pointers on each machine, I would think that would be the most likely thing?
    JuliusBorisovYamchathelovebatlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The save is obviously (if you open it) from BGEE, a multiplayer save. As for the reason, maybe you're right.
    lolien
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2016
    I recently came back to Icewind Dale EE for a bit, and started working on content again. Here's a pack of voice sets I've made earlier in the year and uploaded to the forum, now configured with the excellent awesome shell. Featured in the pack are soundsets from Diablo 1 and 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Bandits: Phoenix Rising, Dungeon Keeper, and Shogun: Total War. I'l probably be updating it off and on, so feel free to check this thread and keep a watch on my dropbox link for any updates. And again, I just want to thank smeagolheart for creating this great and easy way to add custom soundsets to the games!

Current version is 1.7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhryzj8glcx8p1n/Swifty Magee's Soundsets 1.7.7z?dl=0

Also, if you want new portraits for your sounds, I recently created a crazy amount (over 4000 pics) of portraits from Google Image searches and uploaded that to my dropbox as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/500snxyr98cj4zg/IWDEE Portrait Pack 3-05-2016.7z?dl=0

EDIT (March 5, 2016): Updated both the soundset and portrait packs mentioned above.
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on
    smeagolheartJuliusBorisovlolien
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Did the NWN soundsets that @ggallegher posted on page 1-3 of this thread, ever make it into a bundle? Or do I need to install them one-by-one?
    Buttercheese
    edited December 2015
    I didn't package them all together for him. He's never given me permission to do that, and besides those are his baby.

The packages that I've personally put together are on page 1
    lolien
    And I have a volume 5 but I still can't upload it to spellhold studios. The website is telling me "Error No file was selected for upload"
    @LiamEsler
    JuliusBorisov
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    ineth said:

Did the NWN soundsets that @ggallegher posted on page 1-3 of this thread, ever make it into a bundle? Or do I need to install them one-by-one?

I'm willing to put them together, if @smeagolheart's willing to tell me how to make a WeiDU installer that can install multiple soundsets at once, in a really simplified manner. Most of the reason that the project ceased was because I couldn't infer how to do that by looking at other existing soundset packages and attendant WeiDU code. It was a real roadblock that resulted in frustrating, unproductive nights that eventually added up to weeks.

Comprehension via reading code really isn't my strong suit.
    @ggallegher

After putting all your sounds in subfolders of the SND folder (eg ..\SND\Nathyra and ..\SND\NWNF_1)

Then on the tp2 at the end just add them after each other. The only thing to watch out for there is you will have to change the path to the correct folder.

I combined your Nathyrra and NWNF1 and used the Nathyrra folder and this was the code at the bottom of the Setup-Nathyrra.tp2... (note the changed path on the bottom one..)

BEGIN ~Nathyrra~
    OUTER_SPRINT soundName ~Nathyra~
    LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION s9copy END
    INCLUDE ~Nathyrra/baf/core.tpa~

BEGIN ~NWNF_1~
    OUTER_SPRINT soundName ~NWNF_1~
    LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION s9copy END
    INCLUDE ~Nathyrra/baf/core.tpa~
    It's really easy once you get the hang of it.
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovggallegherlolien
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @smeagolheart any news about that Awesome vol 5?
    We wants it, we needs it.. :no_mouth:
    smeagolheart
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    I've downloaded to my IWD:EE folder but what next? I'm sorry but I don't understand the next stage.
    Wonder if anyone can help me out - can I say this is superb mod and really adds more to an already fantastic game.
    Thanks everyone.
    lolien
    hi @fireandsteel73 you want to go to your iwdee folder and unzip the archive. There should then be a setup-xxxx.exe file that you run and it should install the mod.

Then in game, when you make a new character you should be able to pick one of the new voices.
    fireandsteel73lolienJuliusBorisov
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    Hi, yes thank you - it turned out that my virus protector was destroying the .exe file. I turned it off to enable the set up and then turned the VP back on. started new game and the mod is there. Brilliant - thanks smeagolheart!
    smeagolheartlolien
    edited January 2016
    Updated my soundsets again, to version 1.4. Added some BGII-specific files to the Diablo 1 soundsets.

Link: REMOVED. Check the post below for 1.5.
    lolienRodrian
    edited January 2016
    And just updated it yet AGAIN to version 1.5. Added a Monk soundset based off of the little known and "Only Authorized Diablo Expansion", Hellfire. Kind of proud of this one as I ripped and compiled it myself; couldn't find any Hellfire-specific sound files on the Internet so I had to dig out my old CD and take the mpq files out myself. Also had to edit quite a bit as the Monk was woefully short of a lot of the audio files the core characters had. If you download it, tell me if it sounds alright.

Link: REMOVED. Updated soundpack to version 1.6, which is listed in my next post.

If you're curious about Hellfire, as I don't think many have actually played it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo:_Hellfire
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 2016
    Hi @ggallegher & @smeagolheart ! I do have a request, in fact.

Would you be able to make a soundset with this guy's voice?

Here you can find all his responses: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Invoker_responses

Thanks for your time!
    inethlolienSwifty_Magee
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Swifty_Magee Glad you also find it fitting :)
    And thank you a lot for the soundset, it's perfect!
    (the others are pretty cool too)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited January 2016
    @SpaceInvader, I found a few errors in the subtitles of the Invoker, so I'm submitting this Invoker.tra file to replace the one in v1.6 of the mod. I was going to wait until the next version of the mod, but I hate leaving mistakes when I know how to correct them, and the next version of the mod might take a bit of time (adding a ton of new soundsets, including Max Payne, American McGee's Alice, Raz from Psychonauts, and most if not all of Dragon Age: Origins party member npcs).

To have the new fixes applied, you'll have to uninstall my soundsets, replace your Invoker.tra file with the one in the zip, and install the soundsets again. Also, make sure to download 1.6a of the mod (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmaf5182m6xks41/Swifty Magee's Soundsets v1.6a.zip?dl=0) or you might run into a weird subtitle issue with one of the voice clips.
    SpaceInvaderlolienJuliusBorisovT2av
    edited March 2016
    New version of my soundset pack is up, and it includes new soundsets made from Max Payne 3, Psychonauts, American McGee's Alice, and Dragon Age: Origins. I don't know exactly what will be in the next version, but I found some Star Wars: Republic Commando sound files a while ago and I'm hoping I can do something with them. I'll probably add some more DOTA 2 soundsets as well, since the Invoker files worked so great.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhryzj8glcx8p1n/Swifty Magee's Soundsets 1.7.7z?dl=0
    T2avTyonJuliusBorisovlolien
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    Here's a link to a mod shell so that you can make your own soundset collections with subtitles

Hey there. I was looking to go ahead and make my own custom voice set from scratch and have been wanting to figure out how to do the subtitles portion of it. I remember trying to figure out the mod shell thing in the past but had a hard time with it. Is there a tutorial out there for doing that sort of thing or someone in this thread who could help me out with implementing subtitles into my voice set? Would be much appreciated.
    Hey @thelovebat I've written some fairly detailed instructions here, along with awesome soundsets volume 0.

Please give them a try and if you have any questions, post here and I or someone else would be happy to help.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1104-awesome-soundsets-vol-0-soundset-mod-shell/

I use notepad++ with weidu highlighters to edit my weidu files because it makes it easy to see what's a comment and things like that.

Weidu highlighters for notepad++ link:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1048-weidu-highlighter-for-notepad/
    Swifty_MageelolienJuliusBorisovthelovebat
  • DukinsonDukinson Member Posts: 46
    @smeagolheart and anyone else that might know:

I've been working on a soundset and played a game with it to test it out.  However, I could not get the sound "W" or "reaction to party member death" to work when someone died.  I also happened to note that none of the stock soundsets have a "W" sound.  Does this sound even work? Is it just me?
    edited March 2016
    @Dukinson The "w" sounds work for me in my soundsets.  I have a few troubleshooting questions for you.  Have you double-checked your tra files to make sure they're written correctly?  When a character dies, does the subtitle display but no sound clip is played?  Does the subtitle display at all?  Are any other tra entries not playing?  Also, what game are you playing?  I ask that question because I noticed that for the soundsets I make, sometimes character states will be switched around depending on the game.  

For instance, in Baldur's Gate II EE, on my Dragon Age: Origins Alistair soundset I noticed that the "x" Rare Select 1 state would be used as an Action Acknowledgement sometimes.  It also seems like out of all the Action Acknowledgements I made for the soundset, only about three will actually be brought up in-game.  These weird occurrences only seem to happen in BG2EE; I haven't tested it in BG1EE yet, but I know in IWDEE the soundset works perfectly.  I think it's all a game engine bug that may have actually been fixed in the 2.0 patch, if I read the 2.0 changes correctly, but I'm not 100% sure.

Run through the six tips I typed out in my last post to make sure that everything is written out and formatted correctly.  Usually if a sound file isn't playing, the reason is either it wasn't installed properly or because of a typo in the tra file, it's not being called by the game.