Skip to content

the most embarrassing way you have lost a fight in BG2.

13»

Comments

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2016
    Reticent said:

Well it doesn't count as a lost fight, but once in a no reload run I had just defeated the Ravager with Jaheira being the only party death, had Viconia rez her, only for her to come back with 1 hp right in the area of effect of Charname's Globe of Blades.

Chunked.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should install the SCS Globe of Blades no friendly fire mod :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited January 2016
    Or just use the rod of resurrection instead, or at least the Resurrection spell, not Raise Dead :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @GreenWarlock "There is a gate wild surge and, while the text that appears says "Is that a pit fiend?!", it actually summons a much weaker Nabassu. A Nabassu is still a formidable opponent for BG1:EE". The credit goes to @Tresset here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/613938/#Comment_613938
  • vishvish Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2016
    I wanted to keep Drizzit's armor+weapons. Didn't know the Devs were fond of Mr. Do'Urden, and spent the better part of an hour figuring out ways to kill Malchor Harpell. Mind you this was a long time ago before EE was even a thought. Eventually, I bugged him out in the Docks District and there must have been 50+ Malchor Harpell's on my screen where there was no escape.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Many years ago, I was soloing Shadow of Amn with an overpowered character: a level 40 staff-wielding gnome kensai with 25 in all stats. So of course he could blow through almost anybody in one or two hits. However, at some point I made him fight the pirates beneath the Sea's Bounty tavern, and they almost killed him! It doesn't really belong here because I didn't actually lose the fight, but it's still funny to think that a group of pirates early on in the game could possibly stand a chance against a level 40 character with max stats.

Here's the character, by the way.

He has -31 THAC0, and with each hit he deals 47-55 damage.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Amberion said:

Got eaten by the mimic chest once in the Umar Hills cave.

That Mimic is a huge PITA. Always seems to get off a successful hold and a good chunk of damage on whoever opens it...

My most hilarious deaths always seem to involve a powerful NPC getting charmed/dominated and then wrecking my team. Sarevok once chunked Aerie with his Deathbringer Assault.

Another time, ages ago, I was running through the Sahuagin city with Tactics installed. Their paralytic bolts are actually quite a threat with the Improved Sahuagin City component installed...they paralyzed most of my party and then shot my PC to death. Bunch of angry fish heads turned a mighty Bhaalspawn into a pincushion in just a few seconds =(
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    Sarevok gets MCed, chunks Aerie for 160 damage (Armor of Faith, so 20% reduction)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Arrow of Detonation + Poison Weapon + Miscalculation