Skip to content

Neera Banters for BGEE

AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
edited November 2017 in BG:EE Mods
The Neera Banters - Version 0.9.1

http://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NeeraBanters/releases/latest

Do you wish Neera would interact more with her companions in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition? Then this mod is for you! The Neera Banters mod adds banters between Neera and other joinable NPCs available in BGEE. There is at least one banter with every* joinable NPC _(ok, not quite **every** - there is one exception, for narrative reasons)_.

The mod also adds interjections in various dialogues. Currently, only a handful of interjections are added, but more are planned.

INSTALLATION

Windows
On successful extraction, there should be an neerabanters folder and a setup-neerabanters.exe file in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-neerabanters.exe and follow the instructions on screen.
Run setup-neerabanters.exe in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.

Mac OS X
If properly extracted, you should have a neerabanters folder, setup-neerabanters, and setup-neerabanters.command in your game's main directory folder. To install, simply double-click setup-bneerabanters.command and follow the instructions on screen.

If you have installation problems or encounter any bugs, please leave a message in this forum discussion.

VERSION HISTORY

Changes in version 0.9.1 (2017-11-07)
* Fixing parse error with sounds removal script.
* Fixing COPY error for DLC portrait under Windows.

Changes in v0.9 (2017-05-07)
* Adding banters for (almost) all NPCs
* Adding more interjections
* Adding Interaction Banters component
* Adding DLC Portrait component
* Updating code to use .tra files for translations
* Updating code to use CPMVARs for EET compatibility

Changes in v0.1.2:
* Fixing typos identified by @Hook71 - THANKS!

Changes in v0.1.1:
* Quick bugfix to add missing CD_STATE_NOTVALID declaration.
* Fixes an issue with one of Neera's banters with Imoen. It removes a duplicated line of dialog.
Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
elminsterhook71RavenslightCrevsDaakjackjackALIENkaguanasmeagolheartSssiksseilorBlackraven

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    EDIT: Quick bugfix to add missing CD_STATE_NOTVALID declaration.

http://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NeeraBanters/releases/tag/v0.1-20141230b
    elminster
  • LillyhimeLillyhime Member Posts: 36
    does this conflict at all with the other neera expansion?
    edited January 2015
    Lillyhime said:

does this conflict at all with the other neera expansion?

It shouldn't. @LiamEsler‌'s Neera expansion contains additional dialog between Neera and CHARNAME. There's no dialog with CHARNAME in this mod. It is all dialogs with other NPCs.
    Update: The Neera Banters - Version 0.1.1-2014-12-31

This update fixes an issue with one of Neera's banters with Imoen. It removes a duplicated line of dialog.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Thanks for adding more Neera banter!

I looked through the files and noticed some potential typos:

ay#bneera.d:

~Yes, I hast stood beside mine sisters in battle against the Thayvians.~

Thayvians -> Thayans

~Those droppings were stumbled upon earlier were pretty disgusting too. Phew!

were stumbled -> we stumbled

~It could have been worse, I guess. I didn't turn my myself into a squirrel! At least, not that time...~

turn my myself -> turn myself

~What? You mean trekkin' up and down the Sword Coast, fighting’ bandits and goblins, runnin' errands for strangers?~

fighting’ -> fightin'

~The bugs are eating me alive! It's like their drawn to me - and just me. Why aren’t they bothering you?~

their -> they're

~Oooooooo.... That feels good. So cool and soothing.~

Oooooooo.... -> Oooooooo...

~We shall have to get you a new pair the next time we are in town. Until then, try these on. They are a old pair of Jaheira's. They may be old, but well c-c-cared for. You're both half-elven, they may fit.~

a old pair -> an old pair

~Will ya shut yer yap, ya peevish rug-haired witch!?! Every creature in this damned hole will be on to us with all the racket yer makin'!~

yer makin' -> ye're makin'

~*sigh* we’re doomed...~

we’re -> We're

~Well, aren’t you the nosy one. If you must know, it was gathering some cochineal insects.~

it was -> I was

ay#redwiz.d:

~Um, excuse me, , but that creep is a Red Wizard. There is no way am I going to be in a party with a Red Wizard! It’s him or me!~

am I -> I am
    CrevsDaak
    Thanks! Man, I need to proofread better! :blush:
    hook71CrevsDaak
    I've updated the banters with @Hook71's typos fixed*.

*except "Thayvian" (WotC started using only Thayan with 3rd Edition, so I'm invoking my greybeard card and continuing to use "Thayvian" as in my TSR sourcebooks :wink: )
    CrevsDaakhook71Montresor_SP
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Nice! Only one of the lines in ay#redwiz.d was changed though... You have six more in need of fixing.
    edited January 2015
    hook71 said:

Nice! Only one of the lines in ay#redwiz.d was changed though... You have six more in need of fixing.

I'll get right on that. :blush:

EDIT: Alright, should be fixed now.
    hook71
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Hi @AstroBryGuy - we've added Neera Banters to BiG World Setup for BG:EE/EET. It will always download the latest release [including pre-releases], and the forum link from the tool comes to this thread.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Hi there!
    The .tra files are not available. Can you please consider the chance to add them? Otherwise the mod cannot be translated. Thanks :)
    I'll put that on my "todo" list. Thanks for the reminder!
    Aedan
    Thank you! Neera wants to speak Italian :)
    @AstroBryGuy
    Ciao!
    I just want to repeat our interest in translating this nice mod, but first we need the .tra files :)
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    edited January 2017
    Bug report.

You dropped a '~' at the end of line 17 of ay#bneera.d

*Edit*. More profound than that, actually. The Neera-Eldoth banter breaks the install (BELDOT.DLG not found), %BGT_VAR% doesn't work at all... Maybe my own install is fubar, checking that now. But, yea, totally dropped a '~' at least.
    enneract said:

Bug report.

You dropped a '~' at the end of line 17 of ay#bneera.d

*Edit*. More profound than that, actually. The Neera-Eldoth banter breaks the install (BELDOT.DLG not found), %BGT_VAR% doesn't work at all... Maybe my own install is fubar, checking that now. But, yea, totally dropped a '~' at least.

The "master" branch of GitHub is still in development. I uploaded a bunch of stuff when my drive was going on the fritz. Stick to the releases until I have a chance to work on this mod again
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited May 2017
    nice to see this mod finally get updated after 3 years. it always bothered me that the ee npcs don't talk that much mostly because i use the npc project mod so they feel hallow in comparison. i mean they do talk during the mini encounter mod and afew npc mods but other then that they are silent after they finish their quests. wish someone would make a banter mod for dorn and rassad as well.
    AstroBryGuyEekanImpkaguana
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I installed Neera Banters, but the option to give Neera her portrait from the start menu failed to install.

Could it be this component doesn't work in BGEE version 2.3?

Steps I took before installing Neera Banters were applying ModMerge, the BigWorldFixPack, BG Mini quest and encounters, NPC1Project and Chatty Imoen, before installing the Neera Banter with the WeiDu setup.

I'm sorry I didn't take a screenshot of the error. If needed, I might try to replicate the error for you by applying it on a fresh instal?
    edited October 2017
    @Son_of_Imoen - Did it fail to install, or did it install and then not work in the game?

If you do replicate the error, please attach a copy of the SETUP-NEERABANTERS.DEBUG file.

@Son_of_Imoen - Did it fail to install, or did it install and then not work in the game?

If you do replicate the error, please attach a copy of the SETUP-NEERABANTERS.DEBUG file.

It's been awhile since I posted that, I'll need to take some time to find out what the answer to your question is. I've put it on my To Do list to answer, but right now I'm not even near my own PC, I'm away for a weekend.

@AstroBryGuy, sorry to have kept you waiting, but my test is ready now.

I made a clean install to install the Neera Banters to. The DLC portrait failed to install.

The first time I applied the Neera Banters to a clean install, the second time I applied it after using modmerge on the clean install,

the result is the same: all components do install but for the DLC portrait.

I include both SETUP-NEERABANTERS.DEBUG files but had to rename them to .txt for being allowed to include it as an attachement.
    AstroBryGuy
    edited November 2017
    @Son_of_Imoen - I think this is a platform issue. The COPY command works fine on macOS, but maybe there is problem with the trailing "/" in Windows.

Try the attached version to see if it works. If it does, I'll release it generally.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    v0.9.1 installs fine for me on current BG:EE and SoD (Windows 7 Ultimate)
    AstroBryGuy
    @Jastey - Thanks! Did you try the DLC portrait component?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I installed all components each time. They all installed successully (as of the install note). Do you want me to test something else in game?
    AstroBryGuy
    @Jastey - No, I just wanted to make sure that component installed on Windows. It looks like it was the trailing “/“. COPY works on macOS with it there, but apparently not on Windows.
    edited November 2017
    Since v0.9.1 appears to work on Windows, I've made it the latest release version!

http://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NeeraBanters/releases/latest

Changes in version 0.9.1
    * Fixing parse error with sounds removal script.
    * Fixing COPY error for DLC portrait under Windows.
    Aedan
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I don't see a 0.9.1 release version on Github. There are some individual files, but the latest release seems to be 0.9?
    Whoops. I left the GitHub release in "draft" status by mistake. Corrected!