Skip to content

Do you kill Bandoth after you've completed his quest?

fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
Bandoth the irritable mage now found in that sort of Dwarven kettle-house in Dorn's Deep
  1. Do you kill Bandoth after you've completed his quest?28 votes
    1. Yes - he's annoying, rude, patronising and a tetchy old man who deserves to feel my wrath
      57.14%
    2. No - because he's obviously a brilliant researcher (?) and his work must continue
      42.86%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    Yes, I do when I'm playing an *evil* party. Of course after the 1 quest (shame there aren't more quests from him once you delve into dorn's deep) and bartering, I chop him down and revel at his twitching corpse.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    No, even though he's annoying, he's obviously a Planescape: Torment fan, so I give him a pass.
    inethfireandsteel73JuliusBorisovDJKajuru
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    When there is a dwarf in my party he tends to die...as he is one more person defiling the hold.
    semiticgoddessfireandsteel73
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I never kill him because I might want to buy something later and he gives you no XP.
    fireandsteel73JuliusBorisov
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31

I never kill him because I might want to buy something later and he gives you no XP.

sometimes satisfaction is enough :)

Grum
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    must.....power game...... cannot....... resist.......... XP points........ :)
    fireandsteel73
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    yes !

indeed for the XP too

And I hate arrogants mages like him (well most of mages are arrogants...)
    fireandsteel73
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited January 2016
    Why would you kill someone just because they were rude to you? That's horrible! Being rude is far from the worst crime in the world. Imagine if YOU killed anyone who was rude to you! You probably wouldn't live long. Bandoth isn't even evil! He's chaotic neutral!
    fireandsteel73semiticgoddess
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

Why would you kill someone just because they were rude to you?

It's the other way around - I piss him off during conversation, so he decides to go red circle and attack... :)
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Why would you kill someone just because they were rude to you? That's horrible! Being rude is far from the worst crime in the world. Imagine if YOU killed anyone who was rude to you! You probably wouldn't live long. Bandoth isn't even evil! He's chaotic neutral!

My god...my platoon would be so undermanned. Then again by that criteria is probably be gone too...

Also killing chaotic neutrals tends to be a wise move
    fireandsteel73
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    I feel that I should not kill him. But every time I do.
    fireandsteel73Grum
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    No, he just wants to stay by himself.... and he stays in a cave surrounded by monsters for this.
    fireandsteel73semiticgoddess
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    Depends on my party. I tend to kill him if I roll a full-time chaotic one. I like his scrolls.
    fireandsteel73
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Surprisingly close poll but IWD is just a linear dungeon crawl, so chose a mixed party of different alignments that would kill each other in any other game and KILL EVERYONE AND TAKE THEIR STUFF* (*unless you can get better stuff or XP just talking to them)