Will there ever be a Baldur's gate 3?

question in the title.
Gozeta

Comments

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Nah.
    Kilivitz
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Toril is actually another name for Naboo
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]YupImMadBroGrammarsalad
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Cerevant said:

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Toril is actually another name for Naboo

So Jar-Jar is a sahuagin spawn of Noober?
    Raduziel
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Nimran said:

Cerevant said:

Well, depending on your pet theory, Noober is actually--No. No, I cannot. I've revealed too much already.
    NimranjackjackIllustairEinhardt
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016
    Dee said:

Well, depending on your pet theory, Noober is actually--No. No, I cannot. I've revealed too much already.

Search your feelings you know you want to tell us (... mind trick saving throw check...)
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    If there is another Baldur's Gate, it probably won't be Baldur's Gate. The 2d isometric style is likely lost for all time. It will probably be a third person action-adventure game with female characters sporting divinely well-formed posteriors to be enjoyed while running errands in 3rd person view.
    JullosRaduziel
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No BG3. RIP.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    2d if anything. Fallout went downhill when it went 3d, neverwinternights was also awful. I was never able to finish these games with a 3d perspective. Too much of a shooter
    jackjackGrammarsalad
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    It could be done in 3D. The important thing would be to keep the isometric view and conversation system intact, neither of which are difficult. Given that Beamdog actually appreciates the Infinity Engine, if they were to make a new game I'd trust them to do it right, unlike the typical experience of a franchise being handed to a developer who then tries to make their own game and give it an IP skinned from a dead franchise.
    illathidGrammarsalad
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    BillyYank said:

Baldur's Gate: The Next Generation
    Baldur's Gate: Gate Harder
    Baldur's Gate: Electric Boogaloo
    Baldur's Gate: Quantum of Baldur

...I'll go away now.

Baldur's Gate Next: Yes Dragonborns and Tieflings are in the f****ng game this time.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Dee said:

Nimran said:

Cerevant said:

Noober is actually the god Ao in disguise.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016

Noober is actually the god Ao in disguise.

Or a powerfull Illithid in disguise.

• ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I'd say with David Gaider joining Beamdog the odds are definitely improved :)
    Noobacca
  • ScottP480ScottP480 Member Posts: 5
    BillyYank said:

Baldur's Gate: Electric Boogaloo

Only if Frank Reynolds makes an appearance.

• jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    I don't want a Bg3 as the story is over despite the disappointing final chapter (IMHO). I would happily see ToB retconned out of existence but I know this isn't possible.

A new trilogy set in the forgotten realms that mirrors bg would be magnificent though. I would love to relive that progression from finding your feet and exploring the wilderness in the first game and the freedom that affords to a more driven urgent storyline in the second half where you begin to reach the higher echelons of powerful beings.

I would like it to utilise a modernised version of the infinity engine or an engine allowing 3d character models that can preserve/replicate the infinity engine combat. I personally felt that the PoE combat paled in comparison to the IE games and that this was down to more than just the ruleset Obsidian created.
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @jobby What about just a complete 3D remake of the BG series?
    Please no. I love the isometric view and painted backgrounds, I only suggested 3d models because they are easier to make and create animations for.
    illathidIllustair
    @Jobby I don't know, I think someone could pull it off. It would have to be a team of people that lives and breathes Baldur's Gate and the Forgotten Realms.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    A 3D Baldurs Gate already exists as the NWN2 mod called Baldur' Gate Reloaded.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @procco Yes, but as far as I am aware, it is 3e rules.
    @wraith5641 I just don't know what 3d would really add to the game, I've played never winter nights 1 and 2 and they were vastly inferior to the bg trilogy. I'd rather they focused on the things we all love about the baldurs gate trilogy which for me is the story and the deep and wonderfuly convoluted combat.
    procco
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48

@jobby What about just a complete 3D remake of the BG series?

wraith5641Moradinjackjack
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    nan nan nan. When you can't push the number any further then all you have to do is to reduce it to zero.

Baldur's Gate 0 "Origins"

A sure win.
    Raduziel
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    I think about everyone here would like the game-world and lore, as such, to continue.

My personal view is, though, that the Bhaalspawn is too empowered by end of ToB - potentially a god, so I see no further story arch or development potential for the original CHAR.

There are few story devices that could be used:

- Prequel - go full lenght game à Dragonspear, but that's bit boring, really.

- Do it "DA2" style, I specifically mean same game-world, partially parallel events, different character. (and not recycling dungeons, lol, thou I love DA2)

This is quite a neat story device, actually, because there is synergy in terms of lore, and it is possible to implement shared characters, or cameos.

- Lore related but new character - for example, moving forward with a generation, or to a new region (like Skyrim vs Morrowind) which means evolved, and fairly independent, yet still related game-world.

This gives pretty free hand, but just off-the-cuff, as a story premise that still ties back to the original series, Bhaalspawn might have settled down with the love interest, has a child, own or adopted, and that child is the new main hero.
    Illustair
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

nan nan nan. When you can't push the number any further then all you have to do is to reduce it to zero.

Baldur's Gate 0 "Origins"

A sure win.

A trilogy that ends up with you helping Gorion to save a child from a Temple of Bhaal.

Oh God, please, make it true. I'll raise funds to it selling my body if it needs.
    [Deleted User]drakirIllustairGoogle_Calasade