Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• MeriliremMerilirem Member Posts: 4
    Can EEkeeper be used on modded games or is it unable to identify added content?

I say this because it cannot seem to recognize custom kits n stuff. Is this just impossible/unreasonable?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Merilirem custom kits should be fine, but I can't vouch for them.
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    edited February 2016
    @Troodon80
    1) Thank you for the time you've spent on this!
    2) I've looked for a readme, but can't find one. The OP in this thread is all I found. So apologies if these two questions have already been asked and answered.
    ...a) I'm using a non-EE install of BG (GOG version), which EEKeeper has been able to alter. However, it doesn't seem to detect all my portraits, and I don't see anything in the program options or INI file to set the path for them. I have to use ShadowKeeper to alter portraits.
    ...b) I used the Creature Browser to extract a file I wanted to edit, and it is then marked "Overriden". I then saw I extracted the wrong file. Is there a way to re-import or otherwise return it?
    3) Thank you for the time you've spent on this!
    @Lord_Gay,

If you set the User Data Directory to the same as the installation directory, it should detect portraits from there.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by re-import—but under the assumption that you want to return it to the original state, just press the Delete button on the main Creature Browser dialog. That will delete the override file.
  • hamadryushamadryus Member Posts: 2
    Hi ! I play Icewind dale enhanced edition and i tweaked my mage in EE Keeper so he can use the spear. I saved the game but everytime i try to equip him with the spear it say: Cannot use item. in the box under quick weapons and quick items. Have i done something wrong ? Every other change i made seem to work.
    @hamadryus
    I may be the wrong person to answer this, having never played IWD. However, I believe to use a forbidden item you have to edit the item itself, not the character. That means using Near Infinity or DLTCEP.

Items are flagged indicating what classes/ kits/ races are forbidden from using them, and I'm sure spears are flagged as denied to wizards. The Keeper tools can't edit items, so you need NI or DLTCEP.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I don't know if you're open to suggestions (forgive me if not), but might it be possible in a future release to have a "Sound" tab in order to manually customize the sound events of a character? This way NPC lines can be used?

For instance, having a character use (So I kicked 'im in the head...) as a selection sound and Sarevok's dying laugh as a pain grunt.

Just a thought from a very grateful user.
    Troodon80 said:

@Lord_Gay,
    just press the Delete button on the main Creature Browser dialog. That will delete the override file.

...which deletes the file altogether. It seems that once extracted, I must either use the override file or nothing. Deleting the override file doesn't cause the original file to return.

@Lord_Gay,

My assumption was that you edited a file that already existed in the game. If so, then deleting the override file will cause the game to use the file located in the original BIF file. If you saved the file under a different name, then it should display "Custom" instead of "Overridden." Once a file is deleted, you will need to refresh/reload the list.

Can you clarify how you saved the file?
  • joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2016
    Just a general observation. After installing a group of mods I noticed a bunch of items in the item browser seemed to have dialogue as the item name. So I installed a new version of BGEE without mods and they are like that from the start. I guess it's not a big deal just something I noticed.

Some examples:
    DEMOSUM44
    BONEDAG
    and a bunch of familiars.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @joshuar9476 - DEMOSUM4 and BONEDAG are non-droppable items used by monsters. DEMOSUM4.ITM is the weapon for a Cambion (DEMOSUM4.CRE). These items were added to BGEE from BG2, but the string references were not updated from BG2's DIALOG.TLK (but it's basically harmless since you can't find these items in-game).

The familiars with the same issue are the Throne of Bhaal versions of the familiars (they have a "25" on the end of the item name). Again, you can't get these familiars in BGEE.
  • jonlukekjonlukek Member Posts: 1
    Troodon80 said:

@jyoandbean, you need to make sure the ULD files that come with EE Keeper are all included in whatever directory you extract the program to.

As long as Affects.uld, Kits.uld, and NumAttacks.uld are in the same directory as EEKeeper.exe, the program should run fine.

Can you clarify that this is the case?

I never saw these 3 files when I open the Zip file
    Troodon80 said:

@Lord_Gay,
    Once a file is deleted, you will need to refresh/reload the list.

Okay, it was the reload part I hadn't tried. When I deleted the override file and refreshed the list, the file did not appear. I thought it was gone for good. But closing EEK and reloading caused the file to appear again.
  • Questpurex10Questpurex10 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    @Troodon80, is it possible that you could offer a download that's not on Sourceforge? I will never trust that site, and Google Chrome refuses to use it, haha.
    Post edited by Questpurex10 on
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    I have a problem with EE Keeper in IWD:EE. I want to edit save and change proficiency pionts. If I do that and want to load game from keeper'ed save the game imadietly crashes. What's the problem?
    @Sikorsky,

No idea. Can you post both your edited and unmodified save games here for comparison?
    What do you mean by post, attach saves here?
    edited March 2016
    Troodon80 said:

@Sikorsky,
    No idea. Can you post both your edited and unmodified save games here for comparison?

I can't attach them, how could I post them?
    @Sikorsky, there should be a link right under the comment box, "Attach a file." If you zip up the specific save game folders, e.g. 00000007-MySave and 00000008-MySave (Edited 0001), attach the zip file here.
    Troodon80 said:

@Sikorsky, there should be a link right under the comment box, "Attach a file." If you zip up the specific save game folders, e.g. 00000007-MySave and 00000008-MySave (Edited 0001), attach the zip file here.

Here you go.
    save.7z 477.4K
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2016
    Just wanted to suggest making a clearer how-to guide for installation. It is not very obvious that the "Installation Directory" is in fact:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\

and not:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\

I know it's in the FAQ if you start reading it, but none of the FAQ headlines suggest that this info can be found there, so one will miss it (like I did) if one doesn't start reading answers to seemingly unrelated problems.

I know many people on this forum are long time users of EE Keeper and would never have this problem, but for newbies (such as myself) it took some 15 minutes of frustration to figure out. It would be a nice "quality-of-life" addition to an otherwise great program! :)

Post edited by Avari on
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I think that's especially important since GOG, Steam and Beamdog each put the installation directory in a different place.
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2016
    I have used this successfully before and sorry if this has been answered in past posts. But, I cannot create a new directory with EE Keeper. I have tried to create a new save file with the program, with and without editing anything. Each time I do, I get a window that pops up and says, "Unable to create a new directory: The game was not saved." Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Post edited by Gozeta on
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    edited March 2016
    N/M
    Post edited by Camus34 on
    @Gozeta,

Where are you trying to save to? What is the user data directory listed as?
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    I was using this directory. "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\bpsave"

• realnzallrealnzall Member Posts: 7
    Is EEKeeper compatible with 2.0? or does it need a patch first?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @realnzall it worked with the beta, so I guess it'll work with the full 2.0.
    @Gozeta,
    You should be able to use "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" then select Black Pits when opening a save game.

@realnzall,
    There will be some missing things, but it will still function in the same way it did before.
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Hmm, any way to get this sucker working with SoD saves? Would like to take a peek at the Item Browser and see what's new. :)