Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

SoD: Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Siege of Dragonspear\Game Data\00806\

I've tried linking to this several times without success...

I'm using the current wineskin wrapped version on a mac with a beamdog version of SoD
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    Hi everyone, for me eekeeper is working with SoD, but I found what I think is a bug.... after I edit something, save and load the edited game, my character has lost all weapon proficensy and in the editor the proficensy page is empty (before and after editing).
    sorry for my english, I hope is understandable :smile:
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    If I were to use EEKeeper to make a Dwarf Blackguard, how much trouble would the game give me? I assume it's technically possible, what with Dorn and all, but maybe his implementation is the result of black magic or something?
  • icebrrrgicebrrrg Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016

It is the folder than contains the chitin.key file. Given how Beamdog changed the file organization in the "direct from Beamdog" download version, the Steam location might be:

Z:\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

If that works, please report back!

My chitin.key file is in

Z:\Users\{my user name}\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

... everything worked today now that I remembered to re-choose the language setting in the config. Thanks!

I can now edit version 2.0 BGEE and BG2EE save games with EE Keeper. Woot! And even my SOD files, when I use the "custom save location" checkbox. Happy camper here.
  • If I were to use EEKeeper to make a Dwarf Blackguard, how much trouble would the game give me? I assume it's technically possible, what with Dorn and all, but maybe his implementation is the result of black magic or something?

I don't think it'll give you any trouble at all. I'd suggest making a Human Blackguard and using Keeper to change the race, adjusting ability scores as necessary. Tweaks Anthology can also be used to open up the race/class combinations.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Kaigen said:

If I were to use EEKeeper to make a Dwarf Blackguard, how much trouble would the game give me? I assume it's technically possible, what with Dorn and all, but maybe his implementation is the result of black magic or something?

I don't think it'll give you any trouble at all. I'd suggest making a Human Blackguard and using Keeper to change the race, adjusting ability scores as necessary. Tweaks Anthology can also be used to open up the race/class combinations.
    The method I use:

- Create a dwarf fighter (or blackguard human)
    - Export
    - Edit in EEKeeper to dwarf blackguard, and maybe ability scores
    - Import in a solo multiplayer game, using "statistics only" as import option. This means only race, class, and ability scores are inherited from the .CHR file.
    - Export again
    - Finally import in your new game

Looks like a lot of work, but this way you make sure your dwarf gets the right stats, like resistances, from the game itself instead of having to adjust them manually in EEKeeper.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Thanks Sjerrie, that seems like the best option. I did the edit-human-to-dwarf approach, but I felt the saving throws didn't end up as they should. I'll try the import thing you're suggesting.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    You may also set your hp to 1 and level to 0. You'll get an extra hp this way that may be edited later or that won't even matter if you don't use max hp/level option.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    mlnevese said:

You may also set your hp to 1 and level to 0. You'll get an extra hp this way that may be edited later or that won't even matter if you don't use max hp/level option.

This is what I initially made the Recalculate/Update buttons for; but I feel like they might be better served as individual options rather than a single button.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Has anyone made an in-depth guide for EE keeper? Just wondering, thanks.
  • dickerjdickerj Member Posts: 14
    I'm having trouble finding NPC party members who aren't currently in my party in order to edit them? I'm trying to work around a bug where a mission critical NPC is dying before I have a chance to recruit them, or continue the plot line with them, because I didn't level them past one in BG1 so they are puny and die before their time in Dragonspear
    I guess my real problem is I can't seem to find the SoD files for NPCs in general. I can edit my main characters stuff just find, but I'm trying to edit an NPC in the game world. I thought it might be store somewhere else because they could be recruited into my party, but now I think I'm not finding any of the SoJ NPCs in my Creature Browser.

I also can't seem to figure out how to get console commands working.

I'm using the Steam version of the game.
    edited April 2016
    @comebackhome,

Has anyone made an in-depth guide for EE keeper? Just wondering, thanks.

I made one, but it was quickly outdated so I removed it. I tried doing a wiki, but since it's just myself adding stuff to it I stopped when things got busy with Beamdog. Unfortunately, no, there's no in-depth guide on how to use it. There is, however, an Italian guide, though that won't be helpful to everyone.

@dickerj, if you would like to upload or attach a save game I can fix that for you.

Currently, there is no Keeper support for the Steam version, though I have been working on this over this weekend. I should have something for the week ahead.
    It says "file is not allowed" when I try and attach the save file. Could I email it to you if you PM me your email address? Or maybe I'm just not very familiar with the forums and there is some trick I'm not getting.
    @dickerj,

Zip up the entire folder with the name of your save game, e.g. 00000008-SomeSaveGame. If you have 7Zip or some other compression software, right click on the folder and compress it. Then attach the zip file.
  • ReffyReffy Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to advance a romance? Or do I have to play the game normally?
    Even on 'story mode' that is a bit long just to see a short romance. Also, I've noticed that the conversations trigger at certain points in the game, but I don't know them all and I think I've missed one on my second playthrough.
  • malcolmmalcolm Member Posts: 7
    Sjerrie said:

Kaigen said:

The method I use:

- Create a dwarf fighter (or blackguard human)
    - Export
    - Edit in EEKeeper to dwarf blackguard, and maybe ability scores
    - Import in a solo multiplayer game, using "statistics only" as import option. This means only race, class, and ability scores are inherited from the .CHR file.
    - Export again
    - Finally import in your new game

Looks like a lot of work, but this way you make sure your dwarf gets the right stats, like resistances, from the game itself instead of having to adjust them manually in EEKeeper.
    Would something like this work to make a Dwarven Druid?
    @malcolm absolutely! A small selection of my creations: dwarven skald, gnome jester, gnome paladin, tiefling paladin, tiefling druid, a grizzly-druid, dwarven defender/mage (coincidentally called Malcolm!) and a few others.

@Reffy, each romancable character has a variable for their respective romance. From the top of my head I don't really know what those are exactly, but they are probably recognizable as such. IIRC, values are '1' for eligible, '2' for commited, and '3' for ended or concluded.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The link from the OP doesn't work for me today, the site page doesn't load.

I used the file from here - http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?resources/ee-keeper-by-troodon80.31/history
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    If I import a character over from SoD to BG2EE will I be able to edit it without getting the error message telling me I can't save the new items?
    Will the items imported from SoD be stored properly or should I just wait until there's a working update for this?

I really just want to change my character's sprite from fighter to mage.
  • CodeTalkerCodeTalker Member Posts: 3
    Is there a way to import items of BGEE and SOD to BGEE2 with EE keeper?

I exported the items i want in bgee, copied the ITM files into BGEE2/override,but name and description of items were not correct in game.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Is there a way to import items of BGEE and SOD to BGEE2 with EE keeper?

I exported the items i want in bgee, copied the ITM files into BGEE2/override,but name and description of items were not correct in game.

@CodeTalker Yeah, that would happen. If you want a seamless import with accurate descriptions and everything you would need to make a mod with weidu. If you can live with the wrong names and descriptions, though, the items should work just fine the way you did it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

If I import a character over from SoD to BG2EE will I be able to edit it without getting the error message telling me I can't save the new items?
    Will the items imported from SoD be stored properly or should I just wait until there's a working update for this?

@Orangemoose You could do that with NearInfinity if you are careful, or I could do it for you. Attach your save to the forums somewhere and I will take a look at it.
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    Thanks for the offer @Tresset but that would mean I have to stop playing for a while, but I'll have a look at what you mentioned.
    edited April 2016

Under EEKeeper's 'Appearance'-tab you can set your paperdoll to anything you want. In your case just look under the M for Mage, and pick your preferred race.

As for the items, there's an old utility around, forgot the name, which could theoretically export an item from one game (to a file format that includes the dialog strings) and import it into the other.
  • daerragh1daerragh1 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2016
    I want to use EE Keeper to edit Sod savegame but upon loading a savegame EE Keeper says it can't find some items that my CHARNAME wears (the items from SoD) and that it will not include them in a modified savegame file. Why can't my EE Keeper find SoD items? I use EE Keeper 1.0.3.2 and I've set correct paths to Siege of Dragonspear foldeer and its savegame folder.
    @daerragh1,

I assume you are using the Steam version? If so, there is currently no support for that yet (but there will be soon). If you're using the Beamdog version then there shouldn't be a problem.
  • cryptomancercryptomancer Member Posts: 22
    Having a problem using EEKeeper on SoD, GOG version. I changed the save game directory and I can load the game but when I do I get an error saying it can't find BDKEYR (the key ring) in the item database.

Any ideas?