Skip to content

Which BG1 minor NPC would you have liked to have returned in BG2 OR SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR??????????

124»

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @Kilivitz
    I have an "alternative" canon party consisting of those NPCs with some direct ties to the main quaest, such as having Iron Throne Enemies. This usually also involves NPCs you are almost sure to meet since they are involved in threshold quests you are required to complete if you wish to continue with the main storyline.
    Xan: You find him next to Mulahey, and he is investigating the Iron Throne. Only natural that he want to see things through.
    Kivan: Hates Tazok, who works for the Iron Throne. His revenge storyline should continue to its logical conclusion: killing Sarevok.
    Yeslick: Stuck in the mines, which of course you have to do to continue on. clearly has a grievance with the Iron Throne.
    Branwen: Was made a statue by Tranzig, one of Tazok's, and by extension Sarevok's, minions.
    Imoen: obvious reasons
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That's a brilliant combination of NPCs. They cover all the main bases just as well (if not better) than the canon group.

I would miss Minsc, though.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited February 2016
    @booinyoureyes Totally agree about having a party with strong motivations for bringing down the Iron Throne for a really rewarding playthrough. With 3 NPCs usually played as capable 2nd Line Meleers [Yeslick, Branwen, Kivan] one would expect that Charname in such a party has pretty good Tank abilities. Pure Fighter, Berserker or Paladin probably???
    @Eadwyn_G8keeper I made him a Cavalier when I played through :). I also keepered Xan into a sorcerer and made Imoen a multiclass illusionist/thief for the fun of it. I always felt like illusionist fit her playful character. If I do it again I'll make Branwen a Cleric of Tempus now that they have added it. I also kind of like the idea of Branwen being a barbarian/cleric if I could ever get it to work.
  • ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    I'm glad to see others remember the excellence of Narlen Darkwalk! He was the best NPC in terms of actively working with the protagonist on a small set of adventures. And his thieve's cant dialog was hilarious. Gorpel Hind had similar possibilities.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Welcome to the forum, @Argyle! Have a :cookie:!
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Ender Sai

You rescue him from Tazok, he's a thief, he tells you it's the Iron Throne behind it all.
    And you never see him again.

I always hoped that he would end up as being the/a leader of the Shadow Thieves in Athkatla rather than whathisname (brain freeze) and the storyline was more connected.
    The money reason for the quest is quite lame, there's shed loads of money sloshing about anyway.
    But Ender Sai would trust you and seek you out.

Plus there's the bit in the RE mod and he's a sweetheart and his name is great.

Ender Sai

@UnderstandMouseMagic
    YES! His story always felt unfinished. Great choice.
  • ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    Mmm cookie ... makes me think of Daveorn's cook for some reason. She was the only one I left alive in the Cloakwood mines besides the miners. Hope she got out through the stove vent during the flooding.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    @UnderstandMouseMagic @booinyoureyes Totally agree about Ender Sai. If this were actually ever to become a film then certainly Ender Sai would cry out for a more complete treatment. If there were in fact no interesting backstory it hardly seems necessary/efficient to have introduced the prisoner motif at such a crucial plot point.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

@UnderstandMouseMagic @booinyoureyes Totally agree about Ender Sai. If this were actually ever to become a film then certainly Ender Sai would cry out for a more complete treatment. If there were in fact no interesting backstory it hardly seems necessary/efficient to have introduced the prisoner motif at such a crucial plot point.

I'm not sure if it is part of NPC project, but he recognises Kivan.

And of course, in BG2, you come across Tazok........again. With the sewer key.

Ender Sai is perfect for pulling that altogether. A thief, so the sewers/back alleys would be familiar territory and he knows what Tazok is like so would have kept tabs on him for self preservation reasons.
    So Tazok ending up in BG2 with Firkrag would finally get explained.

BG2 suffers from being linear and plot driven, but really only gives financial reasons for most of the chapter 2 quests.
    For RPG reasons, it would be better if there were more ties to BG. One of the most satisfying sub plots in BG2 is being able to finally kill Neb the Child Killer, for instance.

• Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Firebead Elvenhair especially because of the book he gives you in Beregost. The noble chased by a bear (fire resist boots in one encounter then electricity resist in the next and you can combine them in ToB). Id like more Elminster too.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Also id like to call more hobgoblins knobgoblins lol