Skip to content

Which BG1 minor NPC would you have liked to have returned in BG2 OR SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR??????????

Comments

• ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    It does suck that Ajantis got killed off. He was my favorite on my first playthrough and I always thought it was messed up his death is nothing more than an afterthought. Xzar's death is fine, he was an evil jerk and the harpers are the proper organization to put an end to him.
    Grum
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349

Cadderly, "a visitor of Candlekeep"

I always wondered if that was THE Cadderly from the RA Salvadore books.

It would be nice to have him as a non-playable NPC where he assists with his explosive hand crossbow and casts awesome clerical spells.

He most certainly was the Cadderly from the Cleric Quintet. I always thought his voice was terribly off though, it took me by such surprise.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    BG2 Quayle is much more amiable than BG1 Quayle, I would have brought him along if the game allowed it.
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    Alora. Together with Jan they could have talked Melissan to death.
    KidCarnivalBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    I would love to see Saemon Havarian back ported to BG1.
    Perhaps as a cameo in the chapter 6, giving a hint about the future ambush and your capture.
    jackjackBlackraven
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    jastey said:

Husam (not in his drunk disguise, though) - He is Shadow Thief from Amn, if anything fits than his present in Athkatla's thieves guild.

While on the subject of Shadow Thieves, I would've liked to have seen Narlen Darkwalk return. Not only did he have a memorable personality, but if you completed his quests, he saves your assess from the thieves' guild by backstabbing and chunking that troublemaking wizard. That character in BG2 who always says "Cooooo!" (I forget his name) was basically a rip-off of Narlen.
    Blackraven
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited April 2014
    Tamah ~ her submerged house is just too juicy a psychological metaphor to be wasted. It really should have been where one of the early Gift-items [Ring of Princes, Evermemory, Batalista's Passport or Dushai's Ring] should have been stashed. Perhaps in a Giant Python encounter.
    . I have had a thing for her ever since summoning Wild Dogs to help Korax. Then as I was pondering how to best approach Mutamin, lo and behold, the doggies, that I expected to simply disappear without further ado, had destroyed Tamah, Stone-Form and all.... Shock!

Samuel~. Who the heck was he?? Why was the Flaming Fist interested in him for desertion?? Perhaps he was framed in some Amnish plot. Why did the party have to take him all the way to Gellana's Temple at FAI for healing?? He would certainly have a strong incentive to offer any Protagonist his assistance in BG2. Laryssa could also show up somehow if another bonded pairing is of interest. Actually then, the matter of whether or not you demanded her Jade Ring as payment in BG1, could be significant
    Post edited by Eadwyn_G8keeper on
    Blackraven
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Necroing my own damn thread because I can!

Just realized... characters can return in Siege of Dragonspear!

Please bring back Binky the Buffoon!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Please bring back Binky the Buffoon!

Please bhring back Binky, dahling! Away with you, beggar!
    Nimranbooinyoureyes
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I know you all think I'm going to say Viconia, but I'm not. I don't think she should appear in this expansion.

I what to see safana come back with her seductress ways.

Shar-teel come back to kill some bitches and chew bubblegum, and she's all out of bubblegum.

Baeloth dead!

The two ogre mages you killed at firebridge and firebridge dungeon.
    booinyoureyes
    I'd like a little Quayle time-travel info
    JuliusBorisov
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Sime... i think i would like to see her again... she was a good traveling buddy. Even if she wasn't directly in the party.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603

I'd like a little Quayle time-travel info

Talking of time travel, I'd like to see The Surgeon make another appearance as in my mind he's actually The Doctor (Who?).
    JuliusBorisovAedanbooinyoureyeslolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I'd like to see the Great Gazib, trying to put together another act for the carnival after I made the Amazing Oopah blow up for the last time.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited February 2016
    Samuel ~ an unresolved Mystery that we carried with us for several days?? I could easily imagine his having a VERY interesting backstory involved with Bentley and Gellana Mirrorshade.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesSouave_Said
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Hurgan Stoneblade
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesGrumKilivitz
    edited February 2016

Hurgan Stoneblade

Had to look him up... GREAT choice! He appears at Nalia's dad's funeral in Shadows of Amn as well, which is pretty damn cool.

Samuel ~ an unresolved Mystery that we carried with us for several days?? I could easily imagine his having a VERY interesting backstory involved with Bentley and Gellana Mirrorshade.

Excellent choice, particularly considering he was a deserter from the Flaming Fist and one of the new NPCs is a member of that organization.
    Eadwyn_G8keeperJuliusBorisovGrum
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited February 2016

Hurgan Stoneblade

Had to look him up... GREAT choice! He appears at Nalia's dad's funeral in Shadows of Amn as well, which is pretty damn cool.

Actually the first time I saw him, I was like "wow his name is so cool! He must be important" but I was disappointed with the fact that you don't interact much with him.

I was also thinking about Shandalar's daughters, 3 evil bi..hes you would be forced to deal with and you couldn't do much about it OR THEY WILL CALL DADDY :) Could add fun to the plot :)
    Eadwyn_G8keeperJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Biff the understudy, in a prominent role
    booinyoureyes
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Gorpel Hind and his merry fools. What a great bunch of fellows.
    JuliusBorisovAedanGrum
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Ya, Gorpel Hind and Narlen of the thieves guild would be my picks. Escpecially Narlen, with his 'nobody expects the spanish inquisition!' way of appearing.

Which of course begs the question of what Shank and Carbos will be up to in Dragonspear... you know, after you killed them in Candlekeep. Always liked that bit where you could meet their mother in Baldur's Gate and she's worrying about them... and there you are looking sheepish and tugging at your collar thinking 'Is it hot in here? Oooh, I'd better go...'

Something has to explain how they ended up in the Bridge District.
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Lord Foreshadow needs to make a reappearance.

Albert and Ruffie.

Melicamp in another animal form.
    JuliusBorisovlolienGrum
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    What about Noober?
    lolienKilivitz
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Gorpel Hind and the Merry Fools :wink:
    BillyYanklolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Actually I would like a continuation of the Thieves Guild quests in SoD. Narlen and other thieves. It would be superb to taste a new thieving quest.
    booinyoureyesAedan
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2016
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Aldeth Sashenstar.

On the topic of joinable NPCs: if I could choose but one lost character to return in BG2, it would be Yeslick.

It makes me sad he was left behind since he seems to be a perfect choice for "canon" companion. He's lost his clan and his mine which means he's got nowhere else to go. Why not stay with the hero of Baldur's Gate?

He would've been an alternative not only to Korgan for good-aligned parties who can't do without the token dwarf (you know every party since the fellowship of the ring needs one) but to Anomen.

But instead we got Valygar. Bah.
    booinyoureyesEadwyn_G8keeperJuliusBorisov