Skip to content

Carsomyr has been included into the "60 Iconic Weapons from fiction" list

2»

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

60 weapon slots and only a single club... :confounded:

Lol Well I can't even think of that many clubs, tbh.
    Hercules is often depicted using a club... but then you're back into ancient myth rather than modern fantasy/fiction entertainment, similar to the Thor discussion.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Fun theme for a list, and ofc it will be very subjetive. However, I still think they failed in

Adding weapons from this/last year (FO4) in a list of "iconic weapons" is insta-fail.

Needle = iconic? Eeh.. no. It's hardly ever used in the series, and AFAIK, not used much in the books either.

I can understand Sting though as argued above, if choosing only one from LOTR, maybe another should had the slot.

Choosing the leifenfaust 44 or whatever from Wolfenstein instead of any of the plethora of weapons in the originals cannot be justified under any circumstances.

Where is the drunk missiles from ROTT? :D maybe to obscure to be iconic though.

Agree on HL crowbar. It's iconic.

Counter strike should have had a slot, either starting pistols or maybe the MP5 or AWP.

The boomstick from quake is missing.

I agree on having Robocop's pistol in this list. It's iconic.

James bond's PP9 is iconic, yet missing.

.. and probably a hundred others :)

Nice list nonetheless, thanks for sharing!
    JuliusBorisovKamigoroshiillathid
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    abacus said:

60 weapon slots and only a single club... :confounded:

Lol Well I can't even think of that many clubs, tbh.
    Hercules is often depicted using a club... but then you're back into ancient myth rather than modern fantasy/fiction entertainment, similar to the Thor discussion.
    Gaderffii stick maybe? It's kinda like a club. It's the 'stick' used by sand people/tuskan raiders on Tatooine in the star wars universe, if you recall.
    abacus
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351

No Excalibur?

:(
    Nonnahswriter
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2016
    With all the modern weapons listed what about 'Painless' from Predator? That gattling gun was badass!

Edit: Another thought - Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch anyone?
    woowoovoodoo
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    What about Chaz the Talking Sword from Sluggy Freelance:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/041121
  • abacus said:

Well, there was a TV-show in the nineties with Hercules, which they actually took a weapon from, Xeenas chakram, so they could have taken something from that. Even though I can't remember any special weapon from that show except the chakram. Which I would say is iconic from the Xeena: warrior princess rather than Hercules..

But anyway. Even though it's clearly a subjectiv list I would still say it's plainly wrong. They haven't thought it through.
    Mjölner is plain wrong, you can't say that a weapon from an ancient god is iconic from a comic book.
    Narsil/Anduril should clearly be on the list. Since they have more than one weapon from other places I wouldn't say that it should replace Sting, but since they have Sting there, Anduril/Narsil should definately be there.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2016
    Since hobbits play a rather major role in both Tolkien's "stories", I agree with Sting beeing an iconic weapon from franchise. Besides, it has (probably) the most screen time in movies, and background story continuum from Hobbit to LOTR..

..also, Lilarcor > Carsomyr ! :grin:
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovNonnahswriter
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @Nonnahswriter Am I the only one that finds Lilarcor very annoying?

If I was in a room with Cespenar and Lilarcor, I think I would go insane.
    GoturalArdulwoowoovoodoo
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You guys know what's (who's?) better than Lilarcor? Enserric (from NWN). Now that's a cool talking sword.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Bah, the Shadow Axe is the best talking weapon in entertainment history. It even dubs as an e-guitar , complete with tasty riffs!

And, of course, that legend is also missing here... >_>
    JuliusBorisov
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Nonnahswriter Am I the only one that finds Lilarcor very annoying?

If I was in a room with Cespenar and Lilarcor, I think I would go insane.

Nope, and I'm sure you won't be the last heretical person who thinks so. :wink:

Agreed on the Cespenar though... *shudders* I have never, in any video game, been so afraid to upgrade my weapons, because to do so meant Cespenar's shrill voice grating my ears. D:
    wraith5641GoturalRodrianJuliusBorisov
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    edited February 2016
    @Nonnahswriter "Stand back! Never used this recipe before! Coulds be messy!"

"Oh, it'll be messy if you carry on with your whining, you irritating little sh..."

Actually, I'm being mean. Cespenar's annoying, but he still has that cuteness going on. My own personal little butler imp. How could I possibly hurt him? It is tempting, but I do manage to control myself just shy of bashing his face in with Crom Faeyr.

Lilarcor's only saving grace is that he is a damn good sword, especially early game. I just don't get why he thinks he is such a badass. Wasn't he trapped in a sewer? Complete lack of self-awareness :/
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I love Cespenar.

i's lookin' through stuffs that ain't mine
    GoturalJuliusBorisovArdulillathid