Skip to content

[MOD] Spontaneous Casting For Clerics and Druids (v1.32)

Comments

• ArzacArzac Member Posts: 5
    I installed the mod with a double click on the .exe file, a dos-prompt opens with some questions about the language. After that I answered YES and all seems to go fine...
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @Arzac: Are you typing that command in WeiDU installation? You must enter the command from in-game debug-mode console.
    @Pecca: The first time I used the system console...(I'm very newbi...) After your post I googled and I found how to enable the in-game console adding this to my .ini file:

'Program Options', 'Debug', '1',
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

After that with ctrl+space I enter in debug-mode.

I followed you instruction: I pointed with the mouse my divine caster and I entered the following command in the in-game-debug-console:

C:AddSpell("spheal")

I try to convert a divine spell using the shift key but nothing conversion.
    @Arzac: After you add that spell to your caster via the console, it will appear in his special abilities menu (the button in the right corner of the bottom panel), there will be an icon with a blue hand in a circle. If you click on that, all memorized spells will be converted to healing spells. After you pick one and cast it, the rest will revert into normal.
    @Pecca: I completely ignore the use of the AddSpell() function.. Thanks a lot for your precious suggestion!!
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    This is a cool idea. Just noticed tho that for everytime I used it in IWDee, it left two permanent 'effects' in save for the caster's character. I guess no biggie aside from minor bloat but I thought Id point it out.
    @valamyr: Thanks, I'll look into it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Arzac said:

@Pecca: Hi, after extracting the .rar file into the main dir of the game I tried the command: AddSpell("spheal").

C:\GOG Games\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition>AddSpell("spheal")
    Can't recognise 'AddSpell("spheal")' as an internal or external command, or batch script.

I also tried to run the command from the root dir C

C:\>AddSpell("spheal")

but I get the same error. Where do I wrong?

You need to install the mod and then run those commands in the game, not the Windows command line.

See here about activating the game console.

http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited January 2016
    @Pecca, this mod has serious problems when it comes to compatibility with other mods:
    - it overwrites spells instead of patching them, so if you're going to use this mod you need to install it before any other mod that modifies spells
    - ADD_SPELL weidu command is not used at all for new spells, so it will conflict with mods that also don't use it (overwriting files with the same name) or those that add the same spells (things like cause light wounds exists in many mods)
    - 2da appending is done without taking into account that some other mod may already appended a row there.

It works on vanilla game, but don't even think about using this mod on larger installations with mods.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Pecca I don't know anything about WeiDU, but if what @swit wrote means I can't play this cool mode on future EET run, pleasr please consider to take another look at it and do a little WeiDU moko on it :smile: Pretty please:)
    @swit: I am aware of the compatibility issue. I never figured how to add the entire melee effect to the spell with WeiDU so I used override files.

@Cahir: I dont know if it is possible but if you dont use other mods that modify priest spells, it should be fine.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @Pecca: have you looked at the macros in the latest WeiDU documentation at http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html ? e.g. ADD_SPELL_EFFECT / ALTER_SPELL_EFFECT etc.
    @agb1: I meant spell ability - that is one level superior to spell effect, which can be added by ADD_SPELL_EFFECT. This mod adds aditional spell abilities to all priest spells, I don't think WeiDU can patch that.
    edited February 2016
    @Wisp: can you point us in the right direction?

@subtledoctor probably knows too...
    @agb1: I think that, when you edit your post, you'll loose the notification effect. @Wisp @subtledoctor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Please no.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2016
    @subtledoctor

I believe it works like this:

Add an extended header to all priest spells: say level 100 for cleric and level 200 for druid. The first header, level 100, casts an appropriate heal spell. The second, level 200, casts a summon.

Special ability is given to both: clerics raise caster level by 100, druid by 200 for some duration

Edit: it can't be this simple, as it needs to cast at the characters actual level. So, the cleric cure light wounds spell would be equivalent to level one at level 101, etc.
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited February 2016
    @subtledoctor - I was writing a macro for adding spell/item headers, when I found one by @Ardanis. I used it for a mod to convert "Extra spells per day" weapons in IWDEE to having a once-per-day "Restore Spells" power.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/702430/#Comment_702430

@Grammarsalad - The extended header that casts the healing spell uses opcode 146, with a "Cast at level" set to 1. None of the healing/animal summoning spells have level-dependent variables (and Bioware kindly always set the lowest level header to 1). So, there's no need to have more than one extended header for each of the priest types (good/neutral cleric, evil cleric, druid).
    GrammarsaladPecca
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2016

@subtledoctor - I was writing a macro for adding spell/item headers, when I found one by @Ardanis. I used it for a mod to convert "Extra spells per day" weapons in IWDEE to having a once-per-day "Restore Spells" power.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/702430/#Comment_702430

@Grammarsalad - The extended header that casts the healing spell uses opcode 146, with a "Cast at level" set to 1. None of the healing/animal summoning spells have level-dependent variables (and Bioware kindly always set the lowest level header to 1). So, there's no need to have more than one extended header for each of the priest types (good/neutral cleric, evil cleric, druid).

Ahhh, I must be thinking of spell revisions...
    @subtledoctor: It works like Grammarsalad says. But I'll try AstroBryGuy's function.

@AstroBryGuy: That is so very cool!

Is @Pecca still around? It would be great to make this compatible with the upcoming Spell Revisions v4? I think SR gives druids seven Animal Summoning spells, one for each level. It would be great for this mod, if it detects SR, to use the SR summoning spells. Detection is easy, it's just

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvsrv4here.mrk~ THEN BEGIN
    @subtledoctor: Do you by any chance know the RES names of these spell files?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Calling @Demivrgvs and @Mike1072 for help :smile:
    edited March 2016
    I'm just finishing an update, which will patch all priest spells, instead of copying over like it is now. So it will be finally compatible with other mods.
    However, making it compatible with SR seems to be trickier, as it also changes spell levels of cause wound spells.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    @Pecca we haven't used ADD_SPELL for the betas but we will. The new AS spells use the following spl names: sppr120, sppr220, sppr320, and sppr716.
    @Demivrgvs Okay, I think I'll just wait for the final release of the SR and then make an update. These spell names though, some of them exists in IWD:EE. Are you replacing them?
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    Neither IR nor SR were made for IWD. Making them fully blend into IWD would require more time than I have.
    Ah, all right then.
    New version 1.3 is released. The mod now uses WeiDU to patch all priest spells and kits, including those added by other mods. Big thanks to @AstroBryGuy and @swit .
    GrammarsaladAstroBryGuy
    I added an optional component - Magic Fang spell.
    Grammarsalad