Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513

Any word on when BG:EE and BG2:EE will be patched to include the new classes and features? I'm assuming that's still happening before the release?

Yes, the plan is the patches will release just before SoD, though we don't have an official date yet.
    AdulJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32
    Is the soundtrack BG1 only, or does it contain the BG2 sountrack as well or at least Sam's new compositions for BG2?
    edited March 2016
    Atian said:

Is the soundtrack BG1 only, or does it contain the BG2 sountrack as well or at least Sam's new compositions for BG2?

BG 1 original soundtrack, BGEE tracks Sam Hulick composed, and the new Siege soundtrack. (No BG2 in this pack.)
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

If you bought BGEE through a site not beamdog.com, you'll have to wait for the site to offer it for sale. That includes Steam. The preorders are only for Beamdog versions.

Does that mean the Beamdog version of SOD won't work with the GOG version of BGEE?
    edited March 2016
    BillyYank said:

If you bought BGEE through a site not beamdog.com, you'll have to wait for the site to offer it for sale. That includes Steam. The preorders are only for Beamdog versions.

Does that mean the Beamdog version of SOD won't work with the GOG version of BGEE?
    Correct.

Edit b/c I'm not a tech person.
    JuliusBorisov
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208

BillyYank said:

Correct.

I assume this also applies for Steam versions of BGEE as well?
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Pre-Ordered and looking forward to the end of the month! I have until then to ponder whether to start a BG run through with a Shaman or take one of my existing characters through SOD first.

BillyYank said:

Correct.

I believe so, though maybe @ScottBrooks or another techie person can answer in more detail.
    craymond727JuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    And I pre-ordered my digital deluxe edition. I REALLY wanted the collectors edition, but alas, finances won't allow me to collect my own namesake.

Question: Can I update to the collectors edition from the Digital Deluxe at a later date? (Assuming there are still copies of the CE available?)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

BillyYank said:

Correct.

Well, fudge.

I figured they'd be compatible since there isn't any funky weirdness like achievements or DRM.

And I pre-ordered my digital deluxe edition. I REALLY wanted the collectors edition, but alas, finances won't allow me to collect my own namesake.

Question: Can I update to the collectors edition from the Digital Deluxe at a later date? (Assuming there are still copies of the CE available?)

We don't have a process for that, but if you've ordered one version and later want to upgrade to another, fire an email to support@beamdog.com and we'll try to work something out.
    DragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838

We don't have a process for that, but if you've ordered one version and later want to upgrade to another, fire an email to support@beamdog.com and we'll try to work something out.
    Good to hear @Amber_Scott. I'll know more after the paycheck arrives in the morning. If there was ever a game for me to splurge for the collectors edition, I think this one would be it >.>
    BelgarathMTH
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    steam please! steam please! steam please!
    Huskarl2006BelgarathMTH
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Just to confirm. The collectors edition is BGEE and SoD in a single digital package.

No extras such as a lock of Philips hair, a miniature gaint space hamster t-shirt or stationery emblazoned with Tiax Rules All?
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
    Anduin said:

Just to confirm. The collectors edition is BGEE and SoD in a single digital package.

No extras such as a lock of Philips hair, a miniature gaint space hamster t-shirt or stationery emblazoned with Tiax Rules All?

The Collector's Edition has a lot of things, though none of the extras you mentioned: BGEE/SOD on disc, BG, BGEE, and SOD soundtracks, dice in dice bag, dragon amulet, printed manuals, silver coin, and cloth map off the top of my head.

The Digital Deluxe Edition has digital copies of SOD and the soundtracks.

And Phil doesn't have hair.
    AnduinNimranJuliusBorisovRodrian
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Amber_Scott
    Is there any chance that in the future you will release a hard copy of SOD, just like you did with BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE?
    dunbar
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    Amazing collector's edition, I have to say. Too bad it is beyond my budget (specially considering I would have to pay the shipping to Europe).
    IchigoRXCBelgarathMTH
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited March 2016
    First of all: A big, big thanks an three Cheers to Beamdog for this pleasant, pleasant surprise, as well as to bengoshi, who made the journey up to this point a great deal more enjoyable then it would have otherwise been.

@Amber_Scott Since the Collector's Edition comes with a copy of the "base" game... How about The Digital Deluxe Edition? Doesn't include "base" BG EE, does it? :confused:

Since I purchased my BG/BG 2 EE on the App Store, years ago and wasn't too pleased about the whole patch-delay-thingy (which, I assume, was mainly apples "fault"), I'd like to use Siege as an opportunity to upgrade to a better/more reliable retailer.

While I do not have the kind of money to just buy collectors edition, I am currently debating wether I should buy the Deluxe Edition (on the off-chance it includes BG EE "base") or just purchase the Base Game as well as Siege from Beamdog (preferably) or Steam. Any word on promotions/sales on the base game around/before the 31st?
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I tried to pre-order and got an Error 500, and tried again but it said my card was declined. Now on the main Beamdog website, that's getting an Error 500 too.

I bet they weren't expecting this much demand.
    BelgarathMTH
    Flashburn said:

I tried to pre-order and got an Error 500, and tried again but it said my card was declined. Now on the main Beamdog website, that's getting an Error 500 too.

I bet they weren't expecting this much demand.

Could you email support@beamdog.com and let them know your browser and the error message?
    JuliusBorisov
    Aedan said:

@Amber_Scott
    Is there any chance that in the future you will release a hard copy of SOD, just like you did with BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE?

That's not in our pipeline right now, so if we do it won't be for a long time.
    AedanlolienJuliusBorisov
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687

BillyYank said:

Correct.

I believe so, though maybe @ScottBrooks or another techie person can answer in more detail.
    You will want to purchase Siege of Dragonspear on what ever platform you purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on.
    craymond727lolienJuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2016

That's not in our pipeline right now, so if we do it won't be for a long time.

Noted - thanks for the answer!
    craymond727JuliusBorisov
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    when will the stand alone installer be available? or will the BGEE launcher be patched? or... :smile:
  • downloaddownload Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2016
    @ScottBrooks Can you confirm that a GOG version will be ready for release?
    ValamirCleaverSssiksseilor[Deleted User]