Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Wow, a Siege of Dragonspear Collector's Box, for $130, plus shipping ($20 US). I'm torn! I love the franchise, but this is a steep price. What do you guys think?

Here are the details:

https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-collectors-edition

The Collector's Box includes:

DRM-free copy of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on DVD
Complete soundtrack of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Cloth map of the Sword Coast
Full-color copy of Bence Duncan's Field Report with removable, collectible coin
Spiral-bound copy of the official Baldur's Gate Adventurer's Guide with updated rules and mechanics
Metal dragon's head amulet on a strap necklace
Collection of 7 Siege of Dragonspear-themed dice, housed in a velvet dice bag, to use in your own D&D adventures
FiachXavantJuliusBorisovkaguanaRavenslightVasculiogrisbosskanastiel

Comments

• EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Too rich for my blood. The soundtrack and the coin are the only two items that interest me.

Having said that, I will still try and find a way to convince my wife it is a fitting April 1st bday gift.

Congrats to the beamdog crew! Thank you for doing what you do.
    Xavantanastiel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    I'd be happy with a physical copy with manual and spell book to put beside the originals, but I have no interest in the other stuff, the books remind me a bit of the original Arcanum box, a good thing. The only other thing I would like is the dice set, in the end, too expensive for what is essentially an expansion :(

Its a shame there are so few physical discs any more, last one I got was D:OS, I really miss walking arounf GAME and fondling the merchandise :open_mouth::)
    Xavant
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    The $45.00 shipping to the EU really convinced me not to purchase it. As much as I want to support Beamdog on this, I cannot frivolously spend ~£120 at the moment :( I wanted the dice-set though!
    rorikondunbarCrevsDaakCalmar
  • XavantXavant Member Posts: 11
    Folks.. I know, it IS steep and no "forum badge" for "bragging rights" !? None the less, I have saved my pennies to get the collector's (and to keep Wife aggro to a minimum). I've purchased it. May it hold up to the hype and peg the meter! I do not have time to be disappointed (I haven't yet been through these awesome talented individuals!). Thanks for the hard work!!!

The Collector's Edition was honestly the hardest project I've ever worked on. I'm so glad we kept at it, though. There'll be an article in the next Familiar about the process of putting it together. :)

It looks amazing, its easy to see that a lot of thought and effort has gone into it, well done! :)

DetectiveMittens
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited March 2016
    After finally convincing myself it was worth the price I was about to get it until I saw the 45 USD shipping price (to EU)... I mostly just wanted the DVD but I guess I'll have to make do with a digital copy.

Really great to have a release date though.
    Fiach
    dib said:

After finally convincing myself it was worth the price I was about to get it until I saw the 45 USD shipping price (to EU)... I mostly just wanted the DVD but I guess I'll have to make do with a digital copy.

Really great to have a release date though.

Yes indeed, that's the most important thing really :)

• Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Nice collection but out of my game budget. The base digital game is $40 so I will be content with that.

I was hoping to get one of the cool metal BG coins though.
    Enilwyn
  • LuneaLunea Member Posts: 1
    Paladin said:

DRM-free copy of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on DVD
    Complete soundtrack of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    Cloth map of the Sword Coast
    Full-color copy of Bence Duncan's Field Report with removable, collectible coin
    Spiral-bound copy of the official Baldur's Gate Adventurer's Guide with updated rules and mechanics
    Metal dragon's head amulet on a strap necklace
    Collection of 7 Siege of Dragonspear-themed dice, housed in a velvet dice bag, to use in your own D&D adventures

Does this mean, if I get the Collector's Edition (because I want the pretty shinies) and still want to have Steam hour tracking/friendslist++ I got to buy the Steam version as well as the Collectors version?
    I really want the physical items ,but still a Steam version

• junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    I hate you guys. 15 years late and asking me for money, how dare you?
    With hate, I throw beamdog with my hard earned $175.
    Quartz
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    @lunea like all our Beamdog games, if you buy through our store you can also request a Steam key through support@beamdog.com.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I've been saving up chunks of my paychecks for many months with the idea of eventually treating myself to something really nice. I hadn't decided what exactly it was going to be, but I had a vague idea it might be like a piece of armour or a Star Trek box set or something. Now I know what I was saving for. And I've happily thrown my money at Beamdog because words cannot accurately express how excited I am for this game, for all the cool stuff that comes with this collector's edition, and for supporting Beamdog.
    BenArledgelolienBelgarathMTH
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Looked at it, decided to go with the Digital Deluxe Edition instead. For ca. €119, plus €41 shipping, plus €XX customs fees... its content seems a bit on the thin side for my taste. I'd at least expect a Metal Pak/Steelbook case for the two OST's and expansion, one slime green SoD T-Shirt and maybe a Cyclops loincloth which I can wear as bathing robe. :p
    lolien
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208

@lunea like all our Beamdog games, if you buy through our store you can also request a Steam key through support@beamdog.com.

@Amber_Scott , what does Beamdog providing a Steam key look financially on your end? I had wanted to purchase SOD directly, since I have a bit more disposable income than I had previously and wanted to support y'all, but I bought BGEE through Steam. Does Beamdog "make more money" if I buy from you and then request a Steam key, or does it end up the same if I had just bought it through Steam?
    lolien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited March 2016
    I'm just glad i put a pre-order in for it... The box, map and the guide book intrigues me the most.
    Post edited by Vasculio on
  • IsobelIsobel Member Posts: 13
    I went for it. I can't seem to help myself when it comes to my favorite game. I'll probably end up buying the GOG version too though because I like having my games be on there.
    lolien
  • RaelonRaelon Member Posts: 17
    I am torn! I want this much but the total price is so steep!
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • ElDiabloElDiablo Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2016
    I am a currently unemployed but fiscally responsible young man. I think well and hard about when i go out and what i buy and i believe OMGBALDUR"SGATEMAPSANDSTUFFPHYSICAL ME BUY ME BUY CLICXK CLICK OOGALABOOGALABOOGALA
    *comes down of his fan craze*

Well at least i had some savings.
    QuartzprairiechickenCrevsDaak
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Normally I just stick to digital deluxe releases for games similar to this if I'm going to splurge.

But with name, and the name of the expansion. Well, I'm trying to figure out if I can afford the difference between that and the DD edition.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @Amber_Scott
    My wallet is still shuddering in fright at the cost of the Collector's Edition (especially as I only want it for the hard copy of the game) but before I give my bank manager a heart attack I need to know:
    a) If I have the DVD, will I be able to install and run the game without access to the internet?
    b) Will the DVD be compatible with my existing hard copies of BG1&2EE that I bought from Amazon UK (and currently play the game on)?
    ValamirCleaver
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Although I have all boxed and collector's edition versions of BG series and IWD series games, 130$ is sadly too much for me. But I am happy that you made it for people who will have money to enjoy this box edition.

It is probably not cheap to make because of limited (low) quantities.

That being said. I am very happy that the wait for SoD is finally over, and I happily preordered this game today!

I hope many will do also and that Beamdog will get enough money for further development of bg/iwd forgotten realms games.

Job well done! :)
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    I was originally going to wait for it to come to GOG.com, but I broke down & just bought the Collector's Edition.
    JuliusBorisovaarionnVasculio