Skip to content

Release FAQ

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    joeblow said:

I bought the two BGEE games two years ago having never played them before. When I got around to starting it up in my backlog, I noticed comments that said BG2EE's improved path finding would make its way into BG1EE with a patch. It's been a long, long time, but I don't think I've seen that happen yet. I still don't see it in the 2.0 patch summary.

Is improved path finding coming to BG1EE so I can finally start my first play through? Thanks.

Yes its in there.
    JuliusBorisovkaguana
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited March 2016
    i'd see no reason it wouldn't make it this time (i think back then it was the word about implementing it the patch after 1.3, which was in fact held back by SoD, becoming 2.0 now).

(besides that, pathfinding in BG:EE 1.3 isn't so bad it's not playable – i'm noticing it's better when transiting over to BG2:EE, but it's not annoying in 1).

edit: elminster was faster than me, and more definitive
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Dee, is an absence of Priest of Tempus an oversight, or a design decision? If it's a design decision, why the Priest of Tempus is left out, while the Priest of Tyr is added? Both kits were a fun and interesting addtion to IWDEE.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Is this beta under any sort of NDA? I have access but I haven't received or signed anything yet.
    rorikon
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    As it is a 'road to' I think it is meant as a public beta.
    Adul
    so i'm wondering, as it is not totally clear to me:
    is this 2.0 road forum intended for the coming updates of BG:EE and BG2:EE only?
    Or is it also for SoD, which likely is 2.0 too?
    And anything about IWD:EE 2.0?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

so i'm wondering, as it is not totally clear to me:
    is this 2.0 road forum intended for the coming updates of BG:EE and BG2:EE only?
    Or is it also for SoD, which likely is 2.0 too?
    And anything about IWD:EE 2.0?

SoD requires the base game (BG:EE), so the patch has to apply to both. 2.0 patch is also for BGII:EE (I briefly tried the beta myself yesterday) and will probably release around the same time I guess. Unsure about ID:EE, but the devs have always maintained that all the upgrades will go into all three games, so it should be the case there too.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Adul said:

Is this beta under any sort of NDA? I have access but I haven't received or signed anything yet.

It is.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    Dee said:

Tresset said:

I think I speak for @bengoshi and @Gotural too when I ask this question. This issue with 3+ multiplayer games... Just how bad is it? Is there an estimate as to when it will be fixed?

It's bad enough that I would recommend holding off on 3-person multiplayer until the issues are resolved. I'll post in the Change log thread when we know more.
    It's been about 3 1/2 years since BG1EE was released. Is there a particular reason that multiplayer functionality still hasn't been polished to a decent state? That's a long time to wait for multiplayer to function the way it should.
    GoturalArdulT2av
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    @SpaceInvader I know the first post on SoD beta testing says something about an NDA, but it also says it is going to be a closed, and not an open beta. It was also referring to the beta for SoD itself, not the patches for BG1/2.

Right now you can get the codes for the steam versions and be playing them right now, without signing anything. Given how easy it is to access the 2.0 beta and the fact that nobody has signed anything, I can't see how an NDA could be enforced.

I wouldn't mind some clarification from a developer on that though...
    AdulTresset
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    rorikon said:

@SpaceInvader I know the first post on SoD beta testing says something about an NDA, but it also says it is going to be a closed, and not an open beta. It was also referring to the beta for SoD itself, not the patches for BG1/2.

Right now you can get the codes for the steam versions and be playing them right now, without signing anything. Given how easy it is to access the 2.0 beta and the fact that nobody has signed anything, I can't see how an NDA could be enforced.

I wouldn't mind some clarification from a developer on that though...

I meant the SoD beta, of course.

If they never asked him to sign anything, then he's not bound to any NDA.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Do companion stats now carry from BG1 to BG2? Like if I give someone else the stat tomes in BG1 will that still affect their stats in BG2?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Is there any chance the Beta will be opened to GOG users? Amber said something in another thread about ongoing negotiations over the release of SoD, so I'm hoping there's still a chance.
  • NixosNixos Member Posts: 4
    hi there, i was wondering if you fixed the disease flag in scripting ai, i mean: currently the npc can't understand if someone is diseased or not, therefore they can't cast remove disease or give a potion of remove disease or drink themselves a remove disease potion... i am curious to know if you can find the time to fix it :P just that... i guess i could live without that ability, although if it would be fixed, it would be cool :D
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Nixos From the Changelog:

"Devas can now detect when a character is diseased (16272)"

It looks a lot like they fixed it...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Are the new portraits only in the BGEE beta (to which I don't have an access)? I don't see them with DLTC in the BG2EE beta Portrait.bif?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Adul said:

Version 2.0 beta for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II are public and are not restricted by an NDA. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear beta will be restricted by an NDA.
    Adul
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    BillyYank said:

Is there any chance the Beta will be opened to GOG users? Amber said something in another thread about ongoing negotiations over the release of SoD, so I'm hoping there's still a chance.

Edit: My bad, I made a mistake.
    Post edited by Franpa on
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    Franpa said:

BillyYank said:

Apparently GOG users can request a Steam product key by contacting Beamdog (Unsure if the Steam key provided will remove their GOG purchase)? That would possibly be one way of providing them beta access.
    Really? I thought that was only for Beamdog users.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited March 2016
    We don't have a way to verify GOG purchases, nor do we have a pipeline set up for beta access through GOG; if you own the game through GOG you won't be able to participate in this beta event.

I'll do my best to post answers to the rest of the questions that have been asked by the end of the day tomorrow.
    JuliusBorisovSilverstar
    will we get the feature to rotate the formation while moving somewhere (just like right-click-hold + drag an angle on computers) on tablets with 2.0 (or ever later)? this is to me by far the biggest interface disadvantage for me on tablets compared to computers right now, and implementation at least in theory would not be too hard (tip one finger for target of movement, then add the second one to turn formations target orientation, then release and see the partymembers move to their assigned places).

(if i can state a preference: that feature on android is more interesting to me than ios ...)
    Adul[Deleted User]
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Thanks for the answers @dee. Got another question is there a way to make the new quest update window stay up longer? I really like it but it disappears so fast I often have hard time reading all of it.
    and another request for tablets: simulate crtl key when selecting more than one party member from the portrait column ... implementation could be with a new software button to push, and as long as active you can click several portraits that are selected together. alternative is to hold down this button while selecting (just like crtl key on pcs), which would save us a tip to de-activate the function again, but is a challenge to position the button in a spot where it can be held down while the other hand selects party members.

(i know this is not the right spot maybe to suggest this ... if you'd be so kind to direct me to the right place for this, i can put this in the right place / forum / bug tracker / feature request tracker instead)
    Adul
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    "...Do fighter/mages still lose spell slots when they use Melf's Minute Meteors or another spell that creates a magic weapon?...

I believe they do, and from what I understand this isn't a bug. But I'll be happy to double-check for you; just ask again and I'll snag one of the programmers for a more complete answer..."

If I understand this correctly, that really seems like a bug. That isn't intended, is it?
    rorikon
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @BelegCuthalion Good suggestions, I have trouble with those too when I play on tablet. I think you can add them to http://redmine.beamdog.com/projects/bg-ee-bugs as feature requests, and make sure to add [Android] or [iOS] to the beginning of the title of the post.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    I have access to various Betas (for BGEE, BGIIEE, and IWDEE) through the BeamDog client, but all of these seem to be for older Beta versions (nor for V2). Does this mean I am not allowed to participate in the current round of Beta testing, or has something else gone wrong?
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    Thanks for answering my question @Dee
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited March 2016
    @Dee
    Since the App Store has increased the app size limit, will the iPad version now be rendered in retina?

I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not certain and I don't want to risk misinterpreting. Could you be more specific about what you mean by "rendered in retina"?
    As far as I remember, the iPad version was effectively rendering the game in 1024*768 instead of 2048*1536 because it was impossible to fit in the buffer due to app size limitations.

One more bonus question: will sorcs ever be available for MC/DC?