Skip to content

New kits

124»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Are you sure it isn't just based on alignment, as it is for an unkitted cleric? A LN cleric of Tyre would get the quest from the temple of Helm.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Fardragon has it correct. Unless you're using one of the specific kits for the temples that are there, your "choice of stronghold" is determined by your alignment.
    EnialusMeliamneDragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2016
    Excellent! Hard to argue against having even more options.
    Edit: The first and only time I've beaten the whole gamut with a cleric was with a Cleric of Oghma on the analog version of the game, using mods. The lore bonus was useful throughout the game, and in my head canon, a cleric of Oghma fit the whole Candlekeep thing very well. If I had one wish for another Cleric kit to be added via an official patch, it would be for a cleric of Oghma.
    BelgarathMTHHudzyjustfeelinathome
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I just hope to one day have an official death deity kit QQ
    EnialusMeliamne
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The only new kit I want is the Priest of Mystra.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838

The only new kit I want is the Priest of Mystra.

As much as I'd like a priest of Mystra (or even more, a properly implemented Paladin of Mystra.........imo Inquisitor doesn't do it justice), for the setting itself in BG, I think a priest of Oghma would be the most appropriate. =/
    ValamirCleaver
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    I think priestess of Lolth can b a great idea :)

Vallmyr
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    I wish there was a priest kit for every major faerûnian deity in the game, as well more kits for all the other classes.
    VallmyrEnialusMeliamneWise_Grimwald
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    The main kits I am waiting for at the moment are a halfling slinger, and a professions darts player ;)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I have been looking for a priest of Auril kit without success. I found one under BG:EE Kitpack V1.62 3/1/13
    Sadly however it no longer works and it doesn't look as if anyone is working on it any more. :(
    If I am wrong and it is available somewhere please inform me.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited June 2017
    Raduziel said:

The only thing that made IWD2 worth any penny was the subrace system. It would be a good thing to see in SoD.

AD&D previews a XP penalty for some races. If the developers gets interested I can compile those info and post here somewhere.

In case you don't know, the BG2 subrace mod works in both BG EE and SoD. Sadly however the sub-race is not shown on the information sheet. Naturally you need to turn down the chance of having the bonuses to attributes that is supposed to give you the attribute bonuses for completing BG1.
  • UnionhackUnionhack Member Posts: 27
    There is a good planetouched mod that lets you be a tiefling or an aasimar in BGEE that I really do enjoy.

I've always thought that a Paladin of Mystra kit would be really good. Trade defensive and healing utilities for uses of arcane magic (while wearing armor, please). A couple daily uses of magic missile or flame arrow, or maybe some of the more utility oriented spells like glitterdust and invisibility.

That or give them similar spell progression to the Avenger's arcane selection, just a little better.

It'd be tough to balance, I think, but I've always loved the idea of a mystic knight. Playing a fighter-mage in elven chain doesn't have the same impact as a plate-armored spellslinger in my head.
    semiticgoddess
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    You guys should definitely check the Faith and Powers mod by Grammarsalad and Subtledoctor. It's still an open beta but there are many kits related to many gods and deities.
    tbone1semiticgoddess
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I've been working on a kit mod myself to teach myself how to do it and because I want to use it- Ruby Rose Knight, Sune's order of paladins. Sacrifices normal paladin spells for a few innate charm/domination abilities.

redlineNoobacca