Skip to content

When in BG1 we find out that we are... [MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD]

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
It's a strange question, but somehow I can't remember when EXACTLY we find out that CHARNAME is a Bhaalspawn? Because in BG2 it's really stressed while in BG1 it's just "mentioned"... Everything is more about the war and less about the heritage.
If you somehow can also paste the text from game about that, it would be awesome, but if not... I would appreciate any clues.

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I believe Tamoko first mentions it

Although there are probably clues much earlier than that
    LavaDelVortel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @LavaDelVortel Have a look here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47278/spoilers-heritage-of-the-main-character#latest , it looks like that thread covers every fact about the Big Question.
    SirBatinceLavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I knew that something was up during the opening scene.

"There are others! I can lead you to them!"
    "I will be last, and you will go first!"

Then, about an hour later (45 minutes devoted to character creation, of course), that same armored dude that killed the other dude comes looking for you. It seemed pretty obvious that I was one of the "others," but I'll be damned if I go second.
    Loldrup
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Basically, Bioware wanted a DND Highlander game :D
    LesbianLioness
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    Reading that note makes me laugh when playing my half orc. Gorion used to get it on with an orc?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Olteron said:

Reading that note makes me laugh when playing my half orc. Gorion used to get it on with an orc?

We find out in ToB that your mother was in fact a follower of Bhaal that intended to sacrifice you on an alter, but Gorion and a few other harpers raided the enclave they were in and stole you(and Imoen) away. Sarevok also managed to escape on his own, and fared much worse than you did.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Olteron said:

Your mother could have been the human and Bhaal could have been the orc.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    BillyYank said:

Olteron said:

Your mother could have been the human and Bhaal could have been the orc.
    At least with a Half-Elf character, the default biography explicitly states that your mother was a Half-Elf. I would expect the same with a Half-Orc character, but I can't check at the moment.

LesbianLioness