Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Actarus wrote: »
    @Dee Maybe you should ask the team if they can give us a clue on what will happen to GOG user.

Yes, please. The last official word was that BD was in talks with GOG. Is that still the state of things?
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    @Dee Glad to hear that. From what I understand, the game will not be availlable on March 31. But maybe April 1st? lol

I don't care about the date, only the release. I still cannot beat Draconis in TOB, hope I can do it before I play SOD
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    Dee wrote: »
    GOG is still a little bit in limbo. I can say with reasonable certainty that SoD will not be available on GOG on March 31.

Disappointed. With all the months since the announcement there was plenty of time to work out a deal between both parties. There should have been a GOG version (it's a huge platform, second only to Steam and one many gamers prefer) available on release date.
    nomadmercArdul
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Has anyone seen any cursed items?^^
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There's an interview with me and Alan in the latest issue of The Familiar, actually. We talk about the Collector's Edition and also the manuals.

Actually, I can't wait to read SoD manuals already: Field Guide and Mastering Melee & Magic!
    justfeelinathomeGrammarsalad
  • SchrademanSchrademan Member Posts: 14
    clos4life wrote: »
    GOG is still a little bit in limbo. I can say with reasonable certainty that SoD will not be available on GOG on March 31.

Disappointed. With all the months since the announcement there was plenty of time to work out a deal between both parties. There should have been a GOG version (it's a huge platform, second only to Steam and one many gamers prefer) available on release date.

I am also quite disappointed, with all the time there has been to reach an agreement with GoG.

• Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
    A little more specific information would be helpful for purchasers: is the unkown whether SOD is going to be released on GOG ever/at all? Or, is the unknown that SOD will come to GOG, but we don't know when?

I've bought the original and the EE BG I and II on GOG, and have gotten so much value out of them that I wouldn't be averse to repurchasing them from Beamdog if I NEEDED to. But I don't know if I need to because no information is being given regarding a GOG release-i.e. if it's even happening, much less when. Thus, Beamdog doesn't have my money through their site or GOG's site, which is unfortunate, as I'd be glad to purchase the game as soon as possible, but don't want to replicate past purchases unless I have to.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    At this point we know that it will be coming to GOG, we just don't know when.

@Dee What about the 2.0 update, is that also in limbo?
  • Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
    At this point we know that it will be coming to GOG, we just don't know when.

Thank you :)
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    There's an interview with me and Alan in the latest issue of The Familiar, actually. We talk about the Collector's Edition and also the manuals.

Yeah I read that with great interest. Ossian did an awesome job with that small DLC for NwN2. But they haven't done anything else since, other than that one game of theirs. It would be really nice if Ossian were to merge with Beamdog to give Beamdog more people to help create an awesome new Forgotten Realms RPG using 5e rules. I think Beamdog and Ossian would be a good match.
    EnialusMeliamne
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    That was a great stream today. Really a lot of fun to watch and so much new content to see. Really cant wait until Thursday night now!
    EnialusMeliamneAmber_Scottcmk24Mandragora
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so after watching the stream and reading one of the comments i think it's theory time
    the shining lady and her crusade is a red herring. our good friend jon is just doing what he does and playing sides and will most likely highjack the plot after we reach the castle.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    rjmacready wrote: »
    That was a great stream today. Really a lot of fun to watch and so much new content to see. Really cant wait until Thursday night now!

agreed, i think i recognize the voice of the hooded man, very interesting..
    Probably missed somewhere, but will we get optional huge dungeon like Durlags tower or Watchers keep?
    isgorath1
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    For you people who watched all the streams: do we know the new companions stats already? I'm particularly interested about Voghiln and Corwin.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    During my dinner pause at work I decided to rewatch the stream instead of eating and the Shane's podcast.

https://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/v/56815368

Here's a small re-cap:

David Gaider isn't working on a Baldur's Gate project (it was more or less predictable) - "building the next generation of awesome D&D games".
    The relations between Beamdog and Obsidian are very positive.
    Various items from SoD will be scattered in SoA if you import your SoD save.
    There will be dreams about the Sarevok battle.
    The XP cap in SoD is 500 000.

The original BG assets suffered the fate of the Cloakwood mines.

A new illustration of how huge a number of characters on one screen can be:

q19ytaj43gb2.jpg
    Very big story spoiler! Clickat your own risk!
    I've warned you.
    Irenicus is evaluating your and Caelar Argent's worthiness in SoD, i.e. the success of one of them leads to the kidnapping of the more powerful child
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    kaguanaAbelrorikonNonnahswriter
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Do we have any information if Imoen is available as a companion in SoD?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    safana seems to have replaced her as the thief. from the stream she seems to have been reduced to an npc.
  • RevenReven Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know what the regional pricing is?

Is it $20=£20 or does it take the difference between the two currencies into account?
    @Reven If you buy from Beamdog, you pay in USD. So you pay with the current rate of your local currency and USD, i.e. precisely 19.99 USD, not 19.99 EUR or anything else.
    Revencmk24kaguana
  • downloaddownload Member Posts: 25
    @bengoshi
    Please tell me she's at least not actually Bhaalspawn herself and just a divine child
    JuliusBorisov
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Yamcha wrote: »
    Do we have any information if Imoen is available as a companion in SoD?

I remember hearing in one of the Twitch streams that she will be available, but not initially. Can anyone else verify I didn't dream that?
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited March 2016
    megamike15 wrote: »
    safana seems to have replaced her (Imoen) as the thief.

Argh, I'm always *boiled* after such comparisons.. It's like you would say that Nalia was placed in BG2 to partially replace Im. .

Oh wait. . :neutral:

Kilivitz
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    bengoshi wrote: »
    @Reven If you buy from Beamdog, you pay in USD. So you pay with the current rate of your local currency and USD, i.e. precisely 19.99 USD, not 19.99 EUR or anything else.

Plus your bank may charge you a small fee for currency conversion.
    JuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    which time exactly sod launches?
    isgorath1
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited March 2016
    @wotjek I remember 12 PT (would be 19 GMT). Can others confirm?
    JuliusBorisovcmk24illathid