Welcome to the beta of the 2.0 update for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition!
Beamdog QA Team:
QA Lead: Jeff Payne (Cerevant)
Filip Flechtner (Hurricane)
Richard Hilton (Gate70)
Keith Marshall (Elminster)
Robert Rath (Galactygon)
Anders Svensson (hook71)
Douglas Wagner (Illydth)
Mike Wellman (Skary)
Do not tag team members in your bug reports. Our internal QA people will go through the topics and enter each reproducible issue into our database.
I. How to get builds for each platform
To participate in this beta, you must first have purchased the game on the platform you wish to test on. Note that purchasing on Beamdog gives you access to the PC and Mac versions, while purchasing on Steam gives you access to the PC, Mac, and Linux versions.Steam
: Opt in to the beta for PC, Mac, or Linux by installing BG:EE or BGII:EE. Then do the following:
- Right-click on the game, and choose Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab.
- Enter the beta access code for the game you are testing:
Click on "Check Code."
Under Select the Beta..., choose the option ending in "_beta" from the dropdown.
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - aeK4fiexKuz4voav
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - zee5Ahgegoh4Ohgh
: If you were part of the Road to 1.3, you will find the Beta products in your Beamdog client. Just download and go! If you don't have these, we'll let you know when we are adding new testers for the Beamdog versions.
II. I have my build(s); now what?
Start playing! We're interested in hearing about any issues you may come across, although we have particular interest in UI issues, character generation, and multiplayer, since there were recent changes in those areas.
When you find a bug, follow the directions in How To Report Bugs
and create a separate ticket for each issue. A Beamdog team member will attempt to reproduce the bug using the steps provided. You may be asked for more information at this point.
If successfully reproduced, the bug will be logged into our development database and the topic will be updated with the ticket number.
III. Tips for successful beta testing
1. Do not apply mods to your games or alter the game files in any way.
2. Do not use editors such as EEKeeper on your saves.
3. Do not use the console except to obtain information for bug reporting or to pass a game-stopping bug. 4. Make regular saves in new slots. Reproducing issues will be much easier if you can provide a save from just before the bug.
Have fun, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!