Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Abel wrote: »
    @wotjek I remember 12 PT (would be 19 GMT). Can others confirm?

This is the time given in the last live stream. Noon local time for Beamdog.
    JuliusBorisovkaguanaAbelhelmo1977
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Make a deal with GOG please!
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    If you start a new game at the SoD content, what items (if any) do you start with? Will you be able to find a lot of the items that were in BG1 in SoD?
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2016
    Few questions:

Okay, first of all... I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! I assume the game will be available on Steam tomorrow at midnight?

I am halfway through my gazillionth playthrough of BGEE and assume I won't have to start a new campaign?

When should I dual class? I am playing a Priest of Talos and was originally wanting to dual at 7 so I could get to mage level 8, but if the expansion is level capped at 12 (which is what I read), I can go up to level 11 (for level 6 divine spells) and then dual, becoming PoT11>Mage 12 by the end of the game???
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2016
    When should I dual class? I am playing a Priest of Talos and was originally wanting to dual at 7 so I could get to mage level 8, but if the expansion is level capped at 12 (which is what I read), I can go up to level 11 (for level 6 divine spells) and then dual, becoming PoT11>Mage 12 by the end of the game???

There is no level cap, only an experience cap. You can gather up to 500k experience. You have to do the math yourself to find out how far that gets you with your desired class combination.
    Abel
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    Hmm...I read where someone said the cap was 12 - which I admit sounded weird because that would mean different things for different classes. Okay, so 500k makes much more sense. Looks like I can do level 9 for level 5 spells and hit mage level 10 before the end (so basically all my HD level ups are as a Cleric). Still much better than just a plain mage.

Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    Any word on translation in other languages (localisations)? I am planning to learn a new foreign language and previously playing games helped me a lot with English. Combing the useful and the pleasant is something I am really looking for. :smile:
    [Deleted User]
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Few questions:

Okay, first of all... I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! I assume the game will be available on Steam tomorrow at midnight?

I am halfway through my gazillionth playthrough of BGEE and assume I won't have to start a new campaign?

1. The game will be available at 19.00 GMT on 31 st March

2. You dont have to start a new campaign

3. If I were you I would try to get to 9th level.

Stormvessel
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Huskarl2006
    Right now, we just know that the expasion will be released just in English. Let us wait and see if they have some plans for localizations.
    Aedan wrote: »
    @Huskarl2006
    Right now, we just know that the expasion will be released just in English. Let us wait and see if they have some plans for localizations.

I recall a developer saying that they would release the game in all the localizations bg ee was made, eventually. But that quote me on that, because i am not sure
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    cmk24 wrote: »
    Abel wrote: »
    @wotjek I remember 12 PT (would be 19 GMT). Can others confirm?

This is the time given in the last live stream. Noon local time for Beamdog.

I would add that PT - Pacific Time and "noon local time for Beamdog" are different, because Edmonton is in MST - Mountain Standard Time, not PT.

For example, in less than 5 minutes it will be Wednesday 30th March, 09 AM GMT, and 02 AM MST, and 01 AM PT.

So, could @Dee confirm that "Noon local time" means 12 PM MST, not 12 PM PT? 12 PM MST will be 19 GMT.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    I just tried to install BG:EE with the beamdog client and got this:

i92xdkfht34e.jpg

Does this mean that the SoD install will download all the BG1 data again?

(sorry if this has already been posted about btw, but I didn't see anything)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    According to elminster, SoD is an expansion to BGEE but presently its not available to the public. If you want to install BGEE for the next few days you'll need to click "Install" on this page (do not click "Expansion Product")

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/727733/#Comment_727733

When SoD will be available, you'll be able to click Expansion Product and then it will be downloaded, without downloading BGEE.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I still want to know how SoD is going to be handled for those of us that use the stand-alone installers/launchers for the EE games.
    Flashburn wrote: »
    I still want to know how SoD is going to be handled for those of us that use the stand-alone installers/launchers for the EE games.

You can download the platform and then delete it. That is what I did with BG 1 and 2. Both bought from Beamdog. I dont like having programs I seldom use in my PC.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Ah, thanks @bengoshi. I didn't see that thread, because I'd only looked in the SoD, Road to 2.0 and General Discussion areas, for some stupid reason checking the actual Baldurs Gate section never even occurred to me :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

The Beamdog client will have to be used to install SoD from Beamdog on launch day.
    kaguanaIthualNonnahswriter
  • LeoNegusLeoNegus Member Posts: 46
    Cerevant wrote: »

The Beamdog client will have to be used to install SoD from Beamdog on launch day.

If I'm not mistaken, Beamdog client is not available for MacOS X. How will mac users install SoD?
    justfeelinathomelolien
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    If they ever do a Dragonlance game .... oh my oh my.
    JuliusBorisov
    Are we 24 hours out now or do I have my times messed up?
    Are we 24 hours out now or do I have my times messed up?

25 hours till 12 PM MST and 24 hours till 12 PM PT.
    Abel
    @bengoshi
    It's the other way round, isn't it? And which one is the important one?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/03/one-more-day.html

will this stream be on youtube like the others? i may not be able to attend due to my internet hating twitch streams.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

So what happens after I install SoD via the Beamdog client? Will the stand-alone launcher for BG1EE be outmoded? Will I have to move all the files that the Beamdog client downloaded to their proper place on my SSD?

Because I've got it set up so that I use the stand-alone launchers for normal gameplay and the versions launched via the Beamdog client for beta testing. (Yes I know I dont have to use the beamdog client to launch the betas, or the normal versions, but I like having the stand-alone launchers' splash screen appear before I play. And since SoD will be released, patches are going to be released more routinely and I prefer using the stand-alone launchers because they also tell me the patch notes)
    JuliusBorisovAbellolien
  • LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    And for those of us who are Mac users, there is no OSX client, correct? We will still use the standalone launcher?
    Jairyanna
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The Mac launcher should detect the update and ask you if you want to update. If it's released tomorrow along the Windows version, I mean.
    Lathspellguest
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    mlnevese wrote: »
    If it's released tomorrow along the Windows version, I mean.

If

If?

63bvcqbdaewx.gif
    NonnahswriterIthualjobby
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    LeoNegus wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, Beamdog client is not available for MacOS X. How will mac users install SoD?

Using the stand-alone launcher. I was wrong, I got my wires crossed, my fault, blame me.
    So what happens after I install SoD via the Beamdog client? Will the stand-alone launcher for BG1EE be outmoded? Will I have to move all the files that the Beamdog client downloaded to their proper place on my SSD?

On Beamdog, Siege of Dragonspear will appear as its own product which includes BG:EE and SoD. Siege will have its own launcher. You can uninstall BG:EE.

On Steam, Siege of Dragonspear will be listed as DLC for BG:EE, and you'll need your BG:EE installation to install Siege.

lolienKilivitzLeoNegusFlashburn
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    On Beamdog, Siege of Dragonspear will appear as its own product which includes BG:EE and SoD. Siege will have its own launcher. You can uninstall BG:EE.

On Steam, Siege of Dragonspear will be listed as DLC for BG:EE, and you'll need your BG:EE installation to install Siege.

And what about GOG :grey_question:

Sorry, questions about GOG are already starting to live on their own, like gazebos. . :lol: