Skip to content

Help Greater Werewolf on Ulgoths Beard Island

2»

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Philhelm wrote: »
    Nah, they just need to make a silver mace or hammer.

If only there was a silver quarterstaff that a cleric/thief could use to backstab ... Oh wait.
    AerakarjackjackCrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    I believe I read somewhere on this forum that you can export a save on an ipad and email it to yourself. Then you could put it on a PC and use EEKeeper to put one of those illegal weapons in your character's hand and import the save back to your ipad game. As long as you didn't unequip it, you could use it.
    wubblejackjack
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Philhelm wrote: »
    Daevelon wrote: »
    I think that using ctrl-y is fair in this situation...
    I think it's worthy to ask the developers as improvement too, maybe just add an NPC (that will anyway betray you in the end) just for fight the greater werewolf.

Nah, they just need to make a silver mace or hammer.

He just needs sick damage resistance instead of immunities. It's funny how he could solo any of the throne of bhaal bosses without an issue.
    PhilhelmCaptRoryjackjack
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    dunbar wrote: »
    Is it just my PnP background that makes me paranoid about devious DMs and obsessive about making saves every step of the way, thus avoiding getting stuck in traps like Balduran's Island and the Planar Sphere?

In my first playthrough, every major quest had its own save.
    Aerakarjackjack
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    10Bazza11 wrote: »
    RIP Looanda the Half Orc Cleric/Thief..........

Thanks for everones help but but Looanda will have to spend the rest of her days stuck on an island with the Greater Werewolf. Perhaps she will contract lycanthropy and create a new clan of half orc werewolfs, as she cant kill him and he cant kill her.

Too bad. IDK, maybe it's a good thing BG lets some situations unfold which you can't get out of? Perhaps a thought for the unpopular opinions thread.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    In PnP this wouldn't be as much of a problem as wolfwere's (and werewolves) can be affected by any magical weapon (then again you probably would also not be soloing the lair of a pack of wolfweres in pnp :) ).
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    BG was not supposed to be played as a solo character.

Lesson learned.

All those banters and bio were written to be used.
    wubblePK2748JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2016
    That still doesn't alter the fact that a 'trapped' quest is a potential game-breaker and therefore badly designed.

The very first time I went to Balduran's Island my party of six (and myself) were woefully inadequate at that stage of the game and unable to kill the Greater Werewolf - luckily I had saved before getting on the boat.

The point is that every quest should have an 'emergency exit' - even if it costs you gold, XP, items, levels, whatever.
    PhilhelmJarrakulAerakarillathid
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I had to ctrl-y him on my playthrough that i'm going through atm, I dealt with his friends easily enough and had 3 weapons that could hit him (unfortunately none that my guys were proficient in). I saved as many spells for karoug as I could but I just couldn't get him past badly injured and once my spells were used up I just CTRL-y'd him as I couldn't be bothered waiting for a save where all of my rolls were hits at the same time.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    BillyYank wrote: »
    I believe I read somewhere on this forum that you can export a save on an ipad and email it to yourself. Then you could put it on a PC and use EEKeeper to put one of those illegal weapons in your character's hand and import the save back to your ipad game. As long as you didn't unequip it, you could use it.

Or put his save game online and someone here with a PC Copy can load it up and use the Console to warp him out of the area and send him a new save game with him at the new location.
    jackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @10Bazza11 Zip your save and attach to the post, we'll use the console (and I have a question - what would you like to do - just move back from the island, right?) and then you'll be able to continue playing.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shaldonshaldon Member Posts: 37

It's just too bad all the wolves don't have the magical protection Karoug does. ;)

Hmm I just took a party of six to werewolf island on a no-reload game - the first encounter after the village (the one where the guy leads you into an ambush) for some reason featured a wolfwere and two greater wolfweres straight off the bat! TWO greater wolfweres. Damage immunities and massive regeneration.

TPK, no escape (they followed me into the village, wher everyone else ignored them), no reloads - restart game! I'm sure there was a magical resist vs. wand of the heavens as well.

Has that changed for 2.0? I'm sure greater wolfweres shouldn't crop up that early

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    shaldon said:

Has that changed for 2.0? I'm sure greater wolfweres shouldn't crop up that early

Yep, and i think it's a bug. Anyway when it happened to me i just polimorphed it in a squirrel:D
    wubblejackjackshaldon
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @FinnTheHuman awesome info! I have been almost-trapped on that island myself with a party of 6 clerics :) Luckily, with perseverance, 6 clerics can deal enough fire damage/turn to overcome the fearsome regen, but I had thought I was doomed with no other way off the island - it certainly involved more save-scumming than I was happy with :(
    FinnTheHumanJuliusBorisovlolien
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2016
    :smile::smiley::blush:

Edit: Smileyer
    PhilhelmlolienCrevsDaak
  • shaldonshaldon Member Posts: 37
    Daevelon said:

Yep, and i think it's a bug. Anyway when it happened to me i just polimorphed it in a squirrel:D

Well if it's a bug my reload won't count once the bug is fixed :smile::wink:

jackjackCrevsDaak
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    3 potions of fire breath
    2 blasts of the Wand of Heavens

Dead
    CrevsDaak
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    @FinnTheHuman Jolly good show!
    FinnTheHuman