Skip to content

The Roadmap to v2.0 (11 Milestones Cleared!)

Comments

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    bengoshi wrote: »

Cheers
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    Seems the newest update got some major UI overhauls, which is surprising so close for release:
    x4coav8tbk1s.png
    j697p1exeow4.png
    bbymodw58kym.png
    2nt1qkvplj5l.png

The letters in the red selection fields have been moved to the right, so that looks a little better. Still not aesthetically pleasing, but they only seem to be visible in the character creation screen now, so it's not a biggie, I guess?

The Record screen got a major overhaul, looking a lot more like the ideas that @00zim00 posted in his thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48436/comparing-the-old-and-new-character-record-ui-is-it-final/p1

I dunno, I feel the new UI had lots of potential! It just needed a bunch of stuff renamed or moved between tabs. On the plus side, no more ugly red bars on the Record screen! :)

They kept the interface item comparison support, where if you drag an item, you get to see the comparison, but if you do not drag an item, you get something closely resembling the old UI. I still find it odd that if you drag an item from your equipped slot to your backback, "CURRENT" displays the value without, and "NEW" the value with, even though the new state is without the item. "Without" and "With" may have been clearer labels.

I guess that's the best of both worlds, though I don't know about the lag that some people mentioned with the new UI when dragging items. I don't notice any myself, but that could also because I bought myself a new and somewhat high end PC less than a month ago.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Yeah, I didn't expect such a present. And what a pleasant feel to be surprised! @00zim00 shared the truth about this change here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49640/new-2-0-record-menu-hype#latest
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    bleusteel wrote: »
    Over-Achievers Anonymous Updated!

Finished Grandmaster after the latest patch

Yeah, I also got Grand Master now. Any hints on how to get Lord of Murder and Friend of Volo? Neither works for me. Did you just rush trough and do the bare minimum or did you also
    talk to Tamoko, rescue Eltan, deal with Lothander and Marek, e.g.?
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited March 2016
    Over-Achievers Anonymous: Update!

Also got Grand Master :)
    psxiaauqit0b.jpg
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Also got finally Grandmaster. But I still can't get Lord Of Murder unfortunetly :(
    60/61
    i1eszfq9xa4g.png
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The update is only for Steam ? I don't see it in the Beamdog client :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Yes, it looks like Steam players have managed to get it first. Well, sometimes they do can win, don't they? ;) And sometimes not (pre-orders, for example).
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    bengoshi wrote: »
    Mythrialus wrote: »
    KNOW THY SELFIE:

vginzuve3wu2.jpg

We have a winner here. Let's baldurize that dog (while it sleeps) ;)

Ya, he's good at that, lol
    The BG2EE beta build has just become available in the Beamdog Client!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The roadmap has been updated.

The "counts" for each milestone have been removed, but as you can see, there's only a few milestones that we haven't cleared yet. Based on the time left, it seems unlikely that any more milestones will be unlocked before the update is released--but you never know!
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    @Dee roughly how long time is that?
    edited March 2016
    15 selfies left till 50. Now if the members of the team could join the race, we could do it!

And yes, think about it, what are you losing this way? ;) Instead, you'll just give us funny photos of yourself and help 2 people, instead of one lucky girl or man, to get their portraits baldurized. Moreover, this way it can be both man and woman for a portrait, and both genders are equal in Faerun, remember the character creation screen? ;)

I say: "Swords Selfies, not words!"
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Freche wrote: »

Roughly very little.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    Only 14 more selfies and we get 2 new portraits!! Everyone needs to post a selfie, or get a friend to! We can still unlock that milestone! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

(too much? :P)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Vallmyr wrote: »
    Well, it's the technomancer robe from Thinkgeek.
    You lucky duck!
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Survivor wrote: »
    bleusteel wrote: »
    Over-Achievers Anonymous Updated!

Finished Grandmaster after the latest patch

Yeah, I also got Grand Master now. Any hints on how to get Lord of Murder and Friend of Volo? Neither works for me. Did you just rush trough and do the bare minimum or did you also
    talk to Tamoko, rescue Eltan, deal with Lothander and Marek, e.g.?

Friend of Volo was a speed run...only took about 30 minutes.

The trick with Lord of Murder is to not enter the gameplay options screen once the LoB game starts. There was a bug that made LoB turn off if you entered the gameplay options after game start.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    Jairyanna wrote: »
    Only 14 more selfies and we get 2 new portraits!! Everyone needs to post a selfie, or get a friend to! We can still unlock that milestone! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

(too much? :P)

For those who don't want to show their face on the internet, a few suggestions:

Wrap cloth around your face like a ninja.
    Wear a ski mask.
    Darth Vader or Stormtrooper helmet.
    Diving mask and snorkel.
    Cowboy hat and bandanna.
    Show the back of your head.
    Wrap toilet paper around your head like a mummy.
    Bedsheet ghost costume.
    Paperbag with eyeholes.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Dee wrote: »
    Freche wrote: »

Roughly very little.

Well, I'll be home from work in just over four hours. Let's hope it's not before then!
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    13 Selfies to go!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    BillyYank wrote: »
    Show the back of your head.
    You know, I actually tried that. It's damn hard getting a shot at the right angle, whether using web or mobile phone camera. Gave up after half a dozen attempt and a really pained arm >.<