Skip to content

v2.0 Update - Release Notes Attached

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
The full, official release notes for the v2.0 update are attached at the bottom of this post. It details all of the changes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Infinity Engine as a whole. It also includes a section that's just for modders talking about some of the new opcodes, triggers, and actions that the update adds, as well as a collection of guides to help UI enthusiasts get their feet wet tinkering with the new UI system. The document clocks in at just over 30 pages; you won't want to miss it.

The TL;DR Version

- New Class: The Shaman
- New Cleric Kit: The Priest of Tyr
- Class Ability Tweak: Poison Weapon now scales with levels
- Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
- Spell Tweak: Enchanted Weapon now modifies the target's existing weapons
- Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
- Steam Cloud Save support has been added (Steam only)
- Achievements have been added (Steam only)
- The User Interface has been overhauled with a new system
- Dozens of modder-friendly enhancements
- Hundreds of bug fixes

This is our biggest update ever, and it applies to both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We have a lot of improvements planned in the coming weeks and months as well; stay tuned for more information!

Comments

• woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2016
    Thank you for in-time release notes! Good night, sweet Stupefier...
    Interesting, does the update break SCS install...
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    And how will it affect already installed mods ? I would also like to know exactly how much is changing in BGEE and how much they added to the original game as im currently running though one and is almost at the end. To me it looks mostly like bug fixes and enhancements of the graphic and user interface which is not a bad thing but wont make me redo my game from the start again ( for probably the 100th time :D )
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The release notes are stunning!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The update will clear your override folder and reset your dialog.tlk file. If you're in the middle of a playthrough with mods, I recommend at least backing up your installation so you can finish that playthrough.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I remember the Beamdog client also removing any custom folder/file in the game main and sub folders.
  • arty06arty06 Member Posts: 1
    Guys? How to download the updates if I purchased the game on gog.com? Thanks!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You'll need to download them from GoG when they become available on that platform.
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    Have read all the release notes and tried them in-game. Absolutely stellar. Some are complaining in forum thread nearby that sprite smoothing-highlighting is a bit weird. But it's all customizable! And DIY autoroller at the end of the guide! I'm sold.
  • DustybottomsDustybottoms Member Posts: 4
    It wont let my mages use slings?? Once I downloaded the patch, even though I have proficiency in slings...it says it wont let me use them anymore?
  • DustybottomsDustybottoms Member Posts: 4
    Nevermind, I am an idiot... This new edition looks GREAT!
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    Is there an ETA on when the Mac App Store will get the update, as well as SoD?
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2016
    Custom Portraits don't appear to be working for creating and customizing new characters. I already have a few premade PCs with custom portraits and a portraits folder filled with custom portraits in BGEE/Documents that is working fine, but when I make a new character or try to customize a character in game with a custom portrait it's a no go.

*It's just my small sized or [_S] designated portraits, evidently there is a one size fits all thing going now, which is a shame. I liked a full body shot for my _M or _L portrait and a different head shot for my _S portrait, oh well...
  • TheShipWreckTheShipWreck Member Posts: 2
    any news on when the 2.0 update will become available for GoG users? for both BG:EE and BG2:EE
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Skarose said:

Custom Portraits don't appear to be working for creating and customizing new characters. I already have a few premade PCs with custom portraits and a portraits folder filled with custom portraits in BGEE/Documents that is working fine, but when I make a new character or try to customize a character in game with a custom portrait it's a no go.

*It's just my small sized or [_S] designated portraits, evidently there is a one size fits all thing going now, which is a shame. I liked a full body shot for my _M or _L portrait and a different head shot for my _S portrait, oh well...

record screen now use L size and sidebar M size, so you can still have different ones.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Pecca said:

Skarose said:

record screen now use L size and sidebar M size, so you can still have different ones.
    I'm playing BGEE 2.0 right now, and at least for me, different sized portraits aren't working. I've tried changing my big and small portraits to L, M, and S, and I can only get one of the portraits to show in-game. I haven't gamed a lot with patch 2.0, but so far this new portrait method is the only thing I don't like about the new engine changes.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Strange, it works for me. If I have L and M portrait in portraits folder and choose the L in game, sidebar show M portrait.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited April 2016
    @Swifty_Magee

I think part of the change is that the total name length of the image file has to be 8 or less characters (not including the file extension). I had to go in and rename then resave my portraits. Also note you don't need the letter L or M on the end of the file unless you want two different images for the L and M otherwise it will just use the same for both.

Edit: I agree the new system needs some love and I believe they will be addressing it in a later patch :)

[Image of Instructions from in game]

• shukachshukach Member Posts: 1
    Tell me, please, if you plan to add new audio localization. Ukrainian audio localization has been done in the past year.
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    If you have tons of L and M files in your portraits folder, choosing one from ingame is a click hell and every image appears twice. Something more browser like would make life easier here.
  • DemonadvanceDemonadvance Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when Gog.com uploads patches ?
  • jascmmjascmm Member Posts: 27
    To me it doesn't work at all custom protraits with 2.0 patch.

I put a file with less than 8 characters name, 24 bit color, 210x330, bmp and it doesn't appear in the custom portraits.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    @Jascmm is it in the documents folder? Did you notice the custom portraits are now added to the regular portraits lists, so the left and right arrows click through the games defaults plus and customs you have in your portraits folder.
  • jascmmjascmm Member Posts: 27
    @CaloNord Thank you so much. I didn't realise that now the custom portraits appears in the regular list.

Thank you!!
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Ey, Steam Cloud saves! Awesome!

If only I would have had that when I lost my 165h BGII:EE save ;_;

RIP Zorah (you were pretty bad, though).
  • RedfootRedfoot Member Posts: 1
    Mac App store user here, if we could get an ETA for 2.0 that would be great. Since I mostly lurk here and just registered to post this; thanks Beamdog for continued support of my favorite games!
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Is it available for Android?
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    This new version looks absolutely AWESOME. It looks and feels great for now, though I have to keep trying it. Thank you!
  • RumorsGuildRumorsGuild Member Posts: 9
    I just loaded my most recent save, and now Coran leaves my party to hunt wyverns even though we've already collected the bounty and "Coran the Wyvern Hunter" shows up as finished in my quest log.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    A solution that seems to work fine to that problem can be found here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49806/coran-leaves-thanks-to-2-0#latest

Otherwise I guess most things work just fine if you start a new game.