Skip to content

New patch

WoW. Updated and it looks like a whole new game. And I leveled up my sorcerer and I noticed an Unlearn button. So can Sorc now swap out spells on level up??!!

Comments

• BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    No, it's a toggle-button that switches between "Learn" and "Unlearn" for the new spells you choose during level up. It's an alternative to choosing spells in the left list with the bullets.
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    doh. got my hopes up.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Hey, what's not available yet may still come later.
    Ithual
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    How do you update to the new patch using the beamdog client?
    Mine updated through steam.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited March 2016
    Oh boy...These UI changes are going to take some time getting used toT_T

I would be lying if I said my immediate reaction was positive, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I just need some time :(

Barbarian as a fighter kit now?...Well I suppose it was always like that, but now with both Berserker and Barbarian as kits. Well it does look a little strange^^
    YupImMadBro
    Yeah im having some trouble with the UI. Hope they fix it. What I have noticed so far it my custom portraits dont appear on the right side of the screen. Only shows up in character sheet page. and my difficulty slider on my saved game wont work. keeping me stuck on the easiest setting for some reason.
  • znancekivellznancekivell Member Posts: 58
    I'm having issues getting my custom portraits to function as well; trying out some fixes as I type this.
    jackjack
    Let me know if you have any luck. Going to bed. Hope its fixed by the time I get off work later lol.
    znancekivell
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @znancekivell
    Describe your problem with the portraits; perhaps we can help you :)
  • superzgredsuperzgred Member Posts: 1
    I have bought BG EE in store about year ago. It is a DRM free, physical copy. 1.3 with all DLC. No luncher version.
    Will be there any way to update it? Single patch.exe file like in good old days? Or am i forced to buying steam version ?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @superzgred
    Unfortunately, right now there are no plans to update the DVD version of both games, but I hope they will get the new patches eventually.
    Aedan said:

@znancekivell
    Describe your problem with the portraits; perhaps we can help you :)

Sure! It's pretty simple - since the updated patch they don't work. Every time I click in-game while building a new character and select Custom Portrait I get the standard message about placing photos in the Portrait directory in order to use said customs. They worked fine before the patch, so I'm guessing this is a small bug from the patch, or perhaps new conditions have been installed in order to use custom portraits?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    If you scroll through the standard portraits, you'll find your custom portraits at the end of the list. Click the left arrow to jump directly to the custom portraits (the end of the list).
    I've tried that already, the game just keeps scrolling through the built-in portraits.
    I can see portraits in character creation, I can see them on character sheet, but on party bar on the right it doesn't show up anymore.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Most of my custom portraits don't appear. Some do, but with most of them I just get a black window as I toggle through them. I can't figure out why since they're all .bmp files that fit the size restrictions and are named with 8 or fewer characters.
  • Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    I just loaded up bg2ee after the new patch and I feel like the sprites are now uglier than before? Is there some way to turn off that weird black outlining around them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Tomako
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited April 2016
    I can't wait to install!
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    I seem to have misplaced the lighthouse/sirens/Safana portion of the map. It's just not there, this is making me a sad, I wanted to recruit Safana and kill some flesh golems!
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Skarose said:

I seem to have misplaced the lighthouse/sirens/Safana portion of the map. It's just not there, this is making me a sad, I wanted to recruit Safana and kill some flesh golems!

It moved. I blame the Spellplague. Or the Sundering. Or some other silly thing. Just keep trying, you'll find it.
    Skarose
    edited April 2016
    SkarosebleusteelBelgarathMTHIthual
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2016
    @typo_tilly Yes it worked, thanks alot, I dub thee helpful and Insightful ;)
    [Deleted User]Ithual
    edited April 2016
    SkaroseGozeta
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Overall, I am a huge fan of this patch, but like others, I am having troubles with my custom portraits, some of which show only a black rectangle instead of the picture. I also miss the old scrolling interface for them, as I now have to click through each of hundreds of portraits to get to the one I want :( Any chance this can be rectified?
    Sylvus_MoonbowArdulSkarose
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjack
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Can't we restore the old school classic design while playing Baldur's Gate 1?
    Ithualdvdbangsrud