Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    bengoshi said:
    I wish I got a steam version....
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    no beamdog client. Guess i should be thankful i haven't seen 14 days yet!
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    That was fantastic. Thanks everyone for tuning in today.

Also, my hair after I took off the bard hat is the funniest thing ever.
    rorikonVasculioJuliusBorisovlolien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited March 2016
    How do i turn this off?

Edit: Nevermind it was in the main option menu under language. Update: I had to quit the game entirely to get the button to activate the non sub titles after restarting
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    Does SoD add any new items to the base game of Baldur's Gate?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Ithual said:

Does SoD add any new items to the base game of Baldur's Gate?

No. Though I suppose if you own Siege then there is nothing stopping you from finding out an item code and spawning it in yourself :)
    IthualJuliusBorisov
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    That's a shame.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

Yeah, I saw that too. There is Closed Captions text at the bottom ... for text at the top.

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

Yes...this drives me crazy!
    AndrewFoleyNonnahswriter
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32
    Does the collector's edition also have the digital soundtracks or are they exclusive to the digital deluxe version?
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

Is it possible to keep Imoen in the party during SoD?

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

If someone knows, maybe put the answer in a spoiler tag.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Yamcha
    No.
    YamcharorikonJuliusBorisovDaevelon
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    saves on mac don;t work :(
    Jairyanna
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    wojtek said:

saves on mac don;t work :(

I'm having this problem too. I get a crash when trying to accept Character Creation. I think it has something to do with the save file folder in Documents being missing. (At least, on my install there is no Balder's Gate folder in documents)
    wojtek
    beamdog please do something with it and hurry up. this game supposed to be without such a bugs
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Mac Users: create a "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder in your documents directory
    JuliusBorisovJairyannalolien
    for sure after all this propaganda i wont buy game from beamdog in the future
    GodKaiserHell
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @wojtek you shouldn't make that decision based on 'propaganda' though, and instead pass your own judgment on the game. Unless, of course, you are being ironic with your comment.
    Rodrian
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I reccomend to focus on real problems from now on, and would like to ask Devs:
    Are them 14th April patches gonna be 10/10, or just "1 milestone clear on the road to v1.4 awesomness" like?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    They've given a date for the next pach?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The patch date hasn't been announced yet.
    kaguanaVasculiololien
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    wojtek said:

beamdog please do something with it and hurry up. this game supposed to be without such a bugs

You where the one pushing for a release date, we told you that a realise date would lead to a buggy release.

So yeah, YOUR fault.
    wojtek
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited April 2016
    @Jairyanna Is your crash problem the same as we're having in this thread?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50005/game-crash-right-at-the-beginning#latest

Because there are still some of us who are unable to play the game at all and any info regarding possible solutions would be helpful.

And before anyone asks, yes I have contacted Beamdog Support (several times, starting four days ago) and have yet to receive a reply.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    @dunbar Hmm, looks like a different issue - the problem I had was fixed by creating the Balder's Gate folder in Documents. Though, to be fair, I haven't actually played SoD yet, so I don't know whether or not I still have that in store :/
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Rodrian said:

@bengoshi it was for SoD *somehow*.. hopefully, v2.0s of BG/BGII will get it too?

"They need a quality control for their quality control"
    Bethesda is laughing all the way to the bank and sneezing on the way.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Polygon has mentioned that Beamdog is preparing a statement regarding the latest controversy.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/5/11371428/baldurs-gate-dragonspear-trans-statement
    craymond727
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I need to get my hands on the game and play it, see what the fuss is all about.

Actually, who cares, i'm just a sucker for the antagonist, but don't tell anyone huehuehue :33
    lolienNonnahswriter