Skip to content

[MOD] Convinient Ammunition

FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
edited April 2016 in General Modding

Convinient Ammunition

For BG and BGEE (v2.0)
This is a small (WeiDU) mod that adds a three quivers (with unlimited normal (non-enhanced) ammunition) and a ammo belt to Taerum's shop (Thunderhammer Smithy) in Beregost.

For BG2EE (only EE)
Adds one of each in Irenicus Dungeon and the fletcher in Waukeens Promenade sells a few (a shop some stairs above Adventures Mart)

Items added are:
• Quiver of Plenty
• Case of Plenty
• Bag of Plenty
• Ammo Belt

Download (v2.0)
Post edited by Freche on
Ergleeho730FredjoOgaburanPrincess_SarahabacusIllustairsine_loco

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Are these items from BG2 or have you created them from scratch?
    Do you plan to make the file .tra available?
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    They are new items.

The BG2 quivers have +1 version of the used ammunition. While +1 is okay in BG2, I felt that unlimited +1 in BG1 wouldn't fit the game.
    So my quivers are just normal arrows/bolts/bullets.

There is no plan to personally translate it to any language.
    I do not ask you to translate the mod in other languages :) I asked if you plan to make available the file .tra, so that players can translate the mod in their language. It is completely different.
    Ahh, well I might be able to look into it sometime next week. I'm quite new to IE and WeiDU modding so don't know how long that might take to get working.
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure that you can find a tutorial for that at Spellhold Studios or Pocketplanet Group forums. If I find the link, I will post it here :)
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I loaded the latest version, and it said it was successfully installed. However, I don't see the items for sale at the Thunderhammer Smithy in Beregost. Does the mod have to be installed before I go to Beregost for the first time?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    @AstroBryGuy

Yes. Unfortunately, the information about which items are sold is stored in your savegame. This is required for the game to remember the items you buy/sell. As a workaround you can use the CLUA console to create the items. If you wish I can check the item codes for you.

Edit: please find below the item codes for the console

Ammo Belt: bag05CA
    Bag of Plenty: quiv05CA
    Case of Plenty: quiv02CA
    Quiver of Plenty: quiv01CA
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Freche said:

They are new items.

The BG2 quivers have +1 version of the used ammunition. While +1 is okay in BG2, I felt that unlimited +1 in BG1 wouldn't fit the game.
    So my quivers are just normal arrows/bolts/bullets.

@Freche

I like how this items are useful without being too powerful. Nicely done.
    jackjackIthual
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Erg said:

@AstroBryGuy

Yes. Unfortunately, the information about which items are sold is stored in your savegame. This is required for the game to remember the items you buy/sell. As a workaround you can use the CLUA console to create the items. If you wish I can check the item codes for you.

Edit: please find below the item codes for the console

Ammo Belt: bag05CA
    Bag of Plenty: quiv05CA
    Case of Plenty: quiv02CA
    Quiver of Plenty: quiv01CA

@Erg

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case. And thanks for the CLUA codes.

Now I can stop loading up Bill the Pony with gobs of ammo. :-) (Well, actually the pack mule mod, but I like to think of him as Bill the Pony).
    ErgGrammarsaladIllustairjackjack
    edited March 2016
    I'll post an update once 2.0 goes live.
    New version wont need a new game for them to appear in the store.
    I have also added them to BG2. One of each will appear in the beginning of Irenicus dungeon, then the fletcher in Waukeens will sell a few (it's a store above Adventures Mart).

I'm concidering adding a way to upgrade them to +1 (as an optional component). Sugestion on price? I was thinking Quiver + 100 of ammo type +1 and some gold.

SoD support will also come once I know where to add them.
    Post edited by Freche on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Freche: Will these also be in the Tweaks Anthology?
    edited March 2016
    @Thels No idea, they havn't been in the previous Tweaks mod afaik. No one has asked me if they could use it and I havn't followed the development if they have made their own version.

This shouldn't conflict with anything though, unless some mod change the area code for the shopkeepers. I got 2.0 working for BGEE & BG2EE, hopefully it installs properly for non EE version havn't tested it. Just waiting on SoD release so I know it will install properly with the expansion installed.

EDIT: Version 1 should still however work fine, just install it before you visit Thunderhammer Smithy for the first time.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    The Exotic Items Pack component included in the Tweak Pack also includes the following items:

Case of Plenty - Sold by Taerom Fuiruim in the Thunderhammer Smithy in Beregost.
    Bag of Plenty - Sold by the Storekeep in the Nashkel Store.
    Quiver of Plenty - Sold by the Merchant in the Ranged Weapons Tent at the Nashkel Carnival.

And the Add Bags of Holding component included in the Tweak Pack includes the following item:

Ammo Belt - Sold by Taerom Fuiruim in the Thunderhammer Smithy in Beregost.

I had to look up where they were sold. Thought they were all sold by Taerom. Like your mod, these quivers also produce regular (nonmagical) arrows.

But going through the readme, these components seem to have been around for quite a while already. I guess it's just coincidence that you got to the same idea.
    Uploaded v2 now, adding them to BG2EE.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Freche will you consider EET compatibility for next release?
    edited April 2016
    @ALIEN Sure can, how does area codes work in EET are they the same as in BGEE and BG2EE or do they change?
    @ALIEN @So_LoW and anyone else interested in EET compatibility, I have decided that I will make an update once I'm done with SoD, but before I move on to BG2.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Freche Thx!
    Any chance to get the the file .tra when you update the mod?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Aedan go get some sleep :D Just kidding of course :p
    Aedan
    @Cahir
    Sorry, but tonight I feel the urge to translate some stuff, otherwise I won't sleep :blush:
    @Aedan no worries, I get that feeling too once in a while :)
    edited April 2016
    I have already translated two mods. I need moar!

@Freche
    This tutorial explains how to include .tra files in your mod. It is easy :)
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/22536/npc-modding-tutorial
    Two items, you mean. Don't get cocky :p Anyway, we've got way off-topic :smile:
    Didn't I include English .tra in latest version?
    Can't remember. Beamdog managed to ruin all my interest in Baldur's Gate for the moment, so I probably won't be putting much time in anything here for a while.
    jackjack
    @Freche
    Nope. I have just checked again and the English .tra file is missing.
    @Aedan Ohh, something must have gone wrong when I tried to upload it last time. If you download it now it should have the translation file in it.
    Aedan
    That's great!
    Attached the Italian translation. Can you please add it to your mod?
    @Freche
    Please, before updating your mod, can you read what @Erg wrote here?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/760871/#Comment_760871
    This will avoid any CTD.
    Thanks for your attention :)