Skip to content

In development, Kerick NPC mod for BGEE.

Comments

• VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    To me voice isn't that important, as long as the dialogue is wonderful I don't really mind if there's no voice to accompany it. I have a very vivid imagination so it's nice to sometimes imagine the voice for the character myself. I'm weird I think.
    CaeriaRavenslightJuliusBorisovWithinAmnesia
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    What a lovely-sounding mod! I'm looking forward to it already.

As for voicing, I have to agree that voice work isn't that important. While it's nice to have for sure, it's certainly not vital. I enjoy mods that have voicing and mods that don't equally based on their content, not whether or not they're voiced.
    RavenslightJuliusBorisovWithinAmnesia
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Ravenslight I'm sure that once you will find the right voice you will know how far you want to go with it
    RavenslightJuliusBorisovWithinAmnesia
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Fully voiced isn't necessary but it would be a bonus. I like to have sound sets with music for the dialog part like the npc project or Gavin. Although I'd be happy to play with him silent. He just seems really interesting and perfect for my mysterious Shadow Dancer.
    RavenslightWithinAmnesia
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    About voice. The author of that NPC (btw, amazing!) https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29207/vynd-drow-assassin-npc-now-available-for-bg-ee-tutu-and-trilogy#latest did a very interesting thing with the voice - he took from IWD presets. And it worked perfectly - a very professional voice with professional recording made in a good studio. It's only short remarks but enough to get a feeling of alive character.
    VyrulisseRavenslightJuliusBorisovWithinAmnesia
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    I am very interested in this modification my friend.
    Ravenslight
    @Ravenslight Hey you seem pretty cool, do want to team up with other cool people later sometime?

I am trying to contact people to make New Areas, New Items, New Quests and also I am try to contact people to make New Non-Player Characters.

I created a big nerdy thread all about it :smiley:https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44471/s-c-u-m-a-recruitment-thread-my-modding-portfolio-did-i-break-this-thread-s Basically you are invited to the 'cool party' by 'that random guy'; don't worry we have cookies my friend...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @WithinAmnesia
    Thank you for the invitation. :) It could be fun to collaborate on a project in the future, but our plate is full just now. Besides our Kerick NPC mod, we have been playing with a mini mod that adds drops for some of the critters in BG that have never had any before. Such things as hide and bone and usable meat, along with a little quest that enables the player to have a piece of armor made, if they so choose.

I had hoped to release a beta of the mini mod this month, but the powers that be had other ideas. For instance, the drain field for our septic tank failed and we are having all kinds of fun dealing with that situation just now. I laugh, because the only other option is to cry. :) Such is life.

I found it interesting to read about your work with BAM files as you seem to enjoy that. We did not. :) Thankfully, our BAMs for the mini mod are all done now though. I look forward to seeing what you and your team come up with.
    thelovebatWithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited October 2015
    @Ravenslight Okay that sounds really cool (not the septic field though, mine is overflowing too (heavy rains) XD). I really should wait until tomorrow to say thanks for I am dead tired after ~30 hours of crazy work. My brain is a tad bit 'under powered' right now; although thank you for comment my friend. Your mods seem really REALLY cool. Also do you maybe think that.. Ehh you know.. You could give a sneak peak of those item B.A.M.s :S? If they are cool I could maybe do some crazy stuff to them while the whole 'Dream Team' monkeys around a bit. e.g.
    The Bottom Item B.A.M. Is From The Shipped Version Of Icewind Dale. The Top Most Is The Non-Upgraded Version And The Middle Is The Upgraded Version (Via An In Game 'Crafting Quest').
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
    @WithinAmnesia
    Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, I must tell you that we are not interested in taking on a partner for this project, at this time. I have no doubt that you could come up with some lovely BAMs to fit the project, but for now, we want to keep what is a learning experience for us, just our own work.

There is much to consider when modders decide to work together on a project. Not the least of which is having a common vision. There is always a strong possibility that there will be disagreement as to how and what should be included. What we find appealing for our own game will not be the same as everyone else. It is so easy to develop bad feelings between perfectly nice people who just have a different idea as to what might be neat to add to the game, as well as what each finds unappealing.

I have noticed from some of your posts in the past that you have some fairly strong opinions on game balance and how mods should handle this. I on the other hand favor role playing aspects over anything else. These strongly held opinions have the potential to conflict.

I know that if I were to work with someone else on a project I would have to feel fairly confident that we shared a similar vision. At least for the parts of the project that I was involved in.

Of course, the neat thing about a group of people working together is the ability for each to focus on their strong suits while letting others work on the areas that maybe we ourselves feel weak in. But it does require that all parties evolved have a similar vision and maintain a high level of respect for each others work, even when it might not be done exactly how we ourselves might do it. Basically, my best advice to you as you form your new team is to choose carefully those who have similar tastes and visions to your own.

Good luck! :)
    JuliusBorisovthelovebatlolien
    edited October 2015
    @Ravenslight well spoken, although I want to say that I am fine if you wish to work just on your own projects and to have our projects unconnected. I should have said this earlier. I do not wish to (for a lack of a better term) 'pressure' my way into a connection of our projects. Rather I am wondering if I can help your work (with your ways of seeing how the game should be fully under your control) while I work on getting my different project underway.

As in, I like what you are doing but I did not wish to join our projects together. I was wondering if I could do some err 'free lance'(?) Item B.A.M.s for your cool project. I can completely understand your reasoning and that is good, although I want to offer my err 'work' as something that can improve your project, not mine.

Basically I want you to know that if I was to give you some Item B.A.M.s, they would be separate from my own project. I am just a bit bored with recruitment and I see really cool 'separate - e.g. not connected to my project' community content in development and I wish to help, with myself offering you Item B.A.M.s.

I am working on my own project, although I don't want you to think that if I was to give you item B.A.M.s that we would have to work together on our projects if you do not wish to. Again my friend you can keep my work separate from my project; I just want to help your project with Item B.A.M.s - not to make you feel as if we have to combine mods.

Thank You @Ravenslight

Within Amnesia :-D
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov
    Hey @Ravenslight are all of your Item B.A.M.s complete?
    @Ravenslight How it going ? is the mod making progress? Are you going to add him to SOD as well now that it out ? it will be great tho more work for you I'm afraid.
    Ravenslight
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Ravenslight
    I am really really really glad you are still working on it. Keep up the good work!
    lolienJuliusBorisovRavenslightkaguana
    Thank you @Ravenslight for answering, I'm really waiting to play this mod of yours, Kerick sound interesting companion to have, I agree with Aedan I'm really glad you are still working on it and not giving up after all this time :) I'll be glad to help test him ingame when you are ready to share him ;)
    AedanRavenslightlolien
    We would definitely appreciate your efforts as a tester @kaguana , when we are ready for that step. I will send you a PM to see if you are still interested once we are ready.

@Aedan
    Does your agree just mean that your looking forward to the mod, or that you would be interested in being a tester as well?
    Gozeta
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    Looking forward to the mod :)
    Post edited by Aedan on
    Ravenslightlolien
  • ScrybeScrybe Member Posts: 13
    I would like to add my name to a list of people offering to do voice over work for this project.

I'm a thespian with my own recording equipment. Happy to record some samples for you if you give me a few lines and some direction on how you would like Kerick portrayed.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Project looks very well polished, regardless. Looking forward to testing the finished project :)
    Ravenslightlolien
    @Scrybe
    Thank you for your kind offer to record lines for our mod. I have sent you a PM.
    Scrybelolien
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    My condolences, Raven. Love and prayers being sent your way.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightlolien
  • Johnny_GuitarJohnny_Guitar Member Posts: 7
    Sorry for my bad English. Not my native language.
    I ... well, i ... I was just wondering if this mod still alive and will it ever be released. Like, there is no news etc, so i guess my hopes are worthless, ya? hmm that's sad. And yeah, Im really sorry about ... you know (why do i feel myself so shitty right now ?!)
    Ravenslight