Skip to content

Requesting Steam Keys

Comments

• coolgame308coolgame308 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Still waiting here; I bought the Collector's Edition and it's been about four days now. Sent two emails.

Both the independant downloader and Beamdog client not working (freezing up every time) doesn't help either.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Sent my request on Friday evening, got the steam key today without sending any reminder emails. It's happening.
    lolien
  • Guard81Guard81 Member Posts: 12
    I got mine just few minutes ago. Thank you Charles from support! Going to play, I 'm sure it was worth the wait.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    still waiting for mine :(
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    A friend of mine sent he's request Sunday night ( obviously knowing they wouldn't get it until Monday) he still hasn't received them yet but I did tell him he may need to be patient at this busy time.
    mine just arrived!
    JuliusBorisovDeelolien
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    Sent 4 days ago, no response yet. Just sent a follow up email.
    lolien
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    I send my first Email like 7 days ago...i forgot that i registered with a different email on the support site...so after 5 days of waiting they told me that i need to make a new account on the support site with the same email adress associated to the game/beamdog shop account now im waiting for two days again...
    lolien
    Aris4life said:

I send my first Email like 7 days ago...i forgot that i registered with a different email on the support site...so after 5 days of waiting they told me that i need to make a new account on the support site with the same email adress associated to the game/beamdog shop account now im waiting for two days again...

happened to me too, my account uses googlemail and they didn't like it as my email was from gmail :(

had to wait 2 days after first response then 5 days later finally got my key today.

hopefully you get it soon!
    lolien
  • dutch_freakdutch_freak Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for posting this here but there's a pretty big bug which allows you to duplicate items.

1. Move the item you want to duplicate into a bag (of holding)
    2. Move the item you want to duplicate to your backpack
    3. Without closing the window, right click your character portrait (top right).
    4. Now the item will be in your backpack and in your bag of holding.

You can use this method with any bag. (potions/scrolls/gems etc)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Sorry for posting this here but there's a pretty big bug which allows you to duplicate items.

1. Move the item you want to duplicate into a bag (of holding)
    2. Move the item you want to duplicate to your backpack
    3. Without closing the window, right click your character portrait (top right).
    4. Now the item will be in your backpack and in your bag of holding.

You can use this method with any bag. (potions/scrolls/gems etc)

You should report it on http://redmine.beamdog.com/projects
  • ZanalinaZanalina Member Posts: 23
    Waiting for my collector's edition steam key :( It's been 3 days.
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    Just got mine after having to go back and forth with Charles a few times to update the email address on my account first. Thanks for help Charles! Now to start downloading!!

Also, thanks to @lolien for the moral support of all us while we've been patiently waiting for our keys. I definitely appreciated the links to the other areas of the forums (didn't know that fan creations part existed...soooo many awesome new portraits to try to make charnames for!!!)
    lolienJuliusBorisovSwashbuckler
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    Finally got it! Thank you Charles!
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I don't know if Charles is the generic name for Beamdog's support people or really always the same guy, but I'd still like to thank him/them for his/their hard work :)
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    I have bought all 4 games from the beamdog site including the CE of SOD. Is it possible to send a request to get them all at once?

I have a few other questions though, if I get the steam key, this will allow me to play with the achievements right? Will it also allow me to use the cloud for my import char/game files? Can I upload a game from my beamdog client to steam and continue on? Also I do like the beamdog client versions and my ability to play the game independent of Steam if I wish. If I get a steam key, do I still get to keep and dl the beamdog version if I wish to?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @TheGreatKhan Yes to all of that.
    TheGreatKhanlolienJuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I requested steam keys for the 3 beamdog products I own and less than 24 hours, I had the steam keys.

Thank you Beamdog
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    It's been 3 days and still no answer about my steam key request. Yesterday I sent a reminder and still nothing. Can anyone help me?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I have a question @Dee : Is this key free given or it contains restrictions?

I mean, a free key i can send as a gift to another player. Is the intent of the key to give a second access to the game owner or it's a gift from beamdog, therefore it can also be sent to another player?
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    I received the Steam keys for the game yesterday and have several questions:
    - do I have to start a new game using Steam or can I continue a savegame that I started using the normal install of Baldur´s Gate SoD?
    - are achievements in Steam retroactive or do I have to start a new game to gain them?
    - If I would have to start a new game on Steam anyway how do I uninstall the normal install of BG SoD?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @ConjurerDragon

1. You can continue your savegame, yes (the BG folder in the Documents folder is the same).
    2. They may be retroactive, although it's hard to predict in each case. The better chances are for new games started in Steam.
    3. You can uninstall your non-Steam version just fine, just like you could have done before you got the Steam version.
    mf2112ConjurerDragonlolien
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    @JuliusBorisov
    Is this still valid information? I'm just reading this today and would kill to have all my EEs I pre-ordered from Beamdog in Steam library too.
    When Planescape is out, I'd ask for all keys, for BG, BGII, IWD, PS:T, and knowing I'll get the keys for all of those, finally purchase SoD from you which I forgot to pre-order. :/
    [Deleted User]
    Queegon said:

@JuliusBorisov
    Is this still valid information? I'm just reading this today and would kill to have all my EEs I pre-ordered from Beamdog in Steam library too.
    When Planescape is out, I'd ask for all keys, for BG, BGII, IWD, PS:T, and knowing I'll get the keys for all of those, finally purchase SoD from you which I forgot to pre-order. :/

Yes, it's still valid.
    Queegonlolienkaguana[Deleted User]
  • SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    Since Beamdog Client update, which allowed to "redeem physical copy of the game", is it possible to activate physical copy of any Enhanced Edition Infinity Engine game and then send a request for steam key of this game?

I bought BG:EE, BG II:EE, ID:EE, BG:SoD on Steam.
    Now i saw this: https://cdp.pl/planescape-torment-enchanced-edition-pud-pc.html and I would love to buy this box distributed by CD Projekt, but it's DRM free. I like to have most of my games in one digital library, with achievements, hours played etc.

And what about other boxed copies? Both BG and Icewind Dale was distributed in my country by Cenega. Is it possible to redeem all boxed games from retails outside USA and then send requests for Steam keys?
    [Deleted User]
  • UnionhackUnionhack Member Posts: 27
    Want to say thanks again for the quick and prompt reply containing the keys for the games I had purchased. Prompt customer service like that is hard to come by sometimes.
    [Deleted User]lolienJuliusBorisov
    @Silvaren A Steam key for PST:EE should be included as part of the installation process. You will not have to go through the Beamdog Client physical EE process.

As for other games, - yes, it's possible to redeem all boxed games from retails and then send requests for Steam keys.
    Silvaren
  • SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    @JuliusBorisov
    Thank you for the answer.
    JuliusBorisov
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited October 2019
    Wow, I did not even know this was possible. I bought the games on every platform available to me (GOG, Beamdog, pc version and mac version, android and ipad).
    I think Steam is the only one missing, I will look at what I bought and ask for a key then ^^. But first, I need the switch version. I won't feel complete until I have it.

Might even think about buying a PS4 to fill the collection :sweat_smile:
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Spam101Spam101 Member Posts: 15
    Guard81 wrote: »
    Are you others previously without keys, still without them?

Hi, is this still a thing? I didn't know this happened and would welcome a steam key