Skip to content

Easter Eggs In Baldurs Gate ** Spoiler**

lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
Iwe heard something about a graveyard and some writing on stones in it...
Anyone knows how many Easter Eggs there are and where ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lordkimNihilus
  • HecklerHeckler Member Posts: 7
    Does everyone know about clicking on party members 9 times (I think) then they have some hilarious things to say ?
    drawnacrolGreenman019
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Heckler said:

Does everyone know about clicking on party members 9 times (I think) then they have some hilarious things to say ?

I loved that. Xzar's was something like "Stop clicking me!!!" and I won't spoil anymore because people will want to try them out themselves.

Also if you drag party members up to the 1st slot so they are the leader they have funny/insightful things to say.

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @Heckler This was broken in the BG2 engine (EasyTutu/BGT) but I badgered and annoyed and persued Bhryean to make sure it was fixed. ;)

From what I've seen repairing charm talking is also top of the list, BG2 engine broke it for BG:EE unfortunately.
    Roller12
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Ward
    Ward said:

From what I've seen repairing charm talking is also top of the list, BG2 engine broke it for BG:EE unfortunately.

D: Nooooooooooooooooooo! Please say it ain't so! D:
    SophiaQuartzg314
    Yeurrrp no charm talking anything in BG:EE until they fiddle it. @Bhryaen said it could be post release at worst but I am reasonably confident it'll be finished by 18th.

I never even knew about charming before so I won't be mising anything. :P
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Ward said:

@Heckler This was broken in the BG2 engine (EasyTutu/BGT) but I badgered and annoyed and persued Bhryean to make sure it was fixed. ;)

Conversation with charmed creatures should be an easy fix since there's already a mod (ToBEx) that addresses it for Tutu/BGT/BG2. It would be very surprising if that wasn't included in BG:EE.
  • DarkarrowDarkarrow Member Posts: 1
    Anyone ever tried to steal from Drizzt the first time you meet him? You could get a pretty amazing blade. Two if you were extremely lucky. Cimeter if I remember well.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Darkarrow said:

Anyone ever tried to steal from Drizzt the first time you meet him? You could get a pretty amazing blade. Two if you were extremely lucky. Cimeter if I remember well.

I think you could only pick-pocket icingdeath. You had to kill him to get Twinkle. I could be wrong, but the last time I played it said 'Target has no more items' or whatever when I tried to pilfer Twinkle from him as well.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    In Candlekeep, if you talked to Firebead Elvenhair in the Inn about 30 times, you got a bonus 300gp from him.

As for Drizzt, you DO get both his swords. I have tried it in the vanilla version years ago and managed to get both through a lot of pick pocket attempts.
    Mortiannag314
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Heinrich Will he fight unarmed then if you attack him to get his armor as well?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

I loved that. Xzar's was something like "Stop clicking me!!!" and I won't spoil anymore because people will want to try them out themselves.

My favorite from Xzar was "I ate his liver with a nice chianti and some fava beans": a fitting tribute to Hannibal Lecter.

CoM_Solaufein
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Heinrich said:

In Candlekeep, if you talked to Firebead Elvenhair in the Inn about 30 times, you got a bonus 300gp from him.

Just tried it in Tutu, but got nothing even after about 40+ clicks.

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Mortianna I remember reading about it and trying it and it worked in vanilla BG so probably Tutu changed that.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    @Mortianna It works in vanilla BG. Tutu broke this Easter Egg.

@Koson Haven't tried it. I can imagine he can still kick my arse without his swords as they seem to only to further enhance his fighting prowess in the game.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I've found these Name-related Easter Eggs on the internet:
    "A minor BG2 character shares the Arabic name of Khalid with a BG1 party member. Fortunately, the writers did not capitalize on the obvious idea of making a really bad joke about it.
    On the other hand, a PC named Drizzt is just asking for trouble.
    Naming a female PC Lanfear can lead to an easter egg in Chapter Six of BG2."

But I never tried to name my character Drizzt or Lanfear, did any of you do that?

Other name Easter Eggs:
    Carbos and Shank were the inept assassins in Candlekeep in BG1. In BG2, you can find two men named Carbos and Shank fighting over a woman in Amn.
    Sendai was the name of an arrogant noblewoman found south of Nashkel in BG1. Sendai is also the name of the Bhaalspawn drow in Throne of Bhaal.
    Lothander is the god known as the Morning Lord in BG1—his temple is east of Beregost. There is a human thief—also named Lothander—under a geas in the city of Baldur's Gate in BG1 that helps you out in return for getting his geas lifted. This is the result of the god's name being misspelled—it should be "Lathander"—by someone unfamiliar with the Forgotten Realms pantheon.
    KolonKuChrisYuiAedanSCARY_WIZARD
  • serialiesserialies Member Posts: 45
    If you name yourself drizzt and get really bad rep, when you meet in in bg2 he'll call you out on it (IIRC).

no idea who lanfear is.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    edited September 2012
    She is the werewolf who loves Coran, but I don't know what changes in that plot if you have the same name she has :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    One of the knights you are tricked into killing by Firekraag is Ajantis from BG1
    DragonspearAristillius
    edited September 2012
    Heinrich said:

@Mortianna It works in vanilla BG. Tutu broke this Easter Egg.

Has this been repaired yet? If not, please make a thread in bugs.
    mch202
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Sophia said:

"A minor BG2 character shares the Arabic name of Khalid with a BG1 party member. Fortunately, the writers did not capitalize on the obvious idea of making a really bad joke about it.

Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif. He doesn't get a lot of screentime, but that is one genius NPC. 8)

SophiaDJKajuru
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Heinrich said:

I didn't know about this! I've just tested your trick in BG1 and BGT, but only works in BG1.