Skip to content

modmerge: merge your Steam/GOG zip based DLC into something Weidu/NearInfinity/DLTCEP can use.

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited April 2016
    @Cahir Ye, maybe I was lite to harsh. There is nothing wrong with tool except the fact that it must exist. And the way it solve the dlc issue also add another one to the pool which I've mentioned earlier. It will be madness to debug mod-related issues/files when we have 3 different version of the game files structure.
    ValamirCleaver
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    not sure what is going on but the link no longer loads.
    Raev82
  • Raev82Raev82 Member Posts: 1
    SO seems that the link to download the binary files is busted. Anyway we can get it back up please?
  • ablackfoxablackfox Member Posts: 4
    @ALIEN Have you looked at K4thos's tool? https://github.com/K4thos/UnzipSoD

Since it install just like a mod, could it be incorporated as a step in the BWS? Am I just missing something?

Regards.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @ablackfox It's not yet ready and it will produce 5th version of the game files structure :/
    ablackfox
    ALIEN said:

@ablackfox It's not yet ready and it will produce 5th version of the game files structure :/

@ALIEN Ah, makes sense. That sucks. An easy step solution would be fantastic. Is Weidu able to call native OS level commands?
  • VfleetVfleet Member Posts: 15
    Im so lost because the first link times out and the second one doesnt include an .exe
    Vfleet said:

Im so lost because the first link times out and the second one doesnt include an .exe

@Vfleet The second link contains the actual source, written in Go. The first one should contain and binary(.exe) link but is broken. If you look down further on the second link, it tells you how to compile it from source. If that seems confusing, then I would just wait until the author @ScottBrooks corrects the issue in his site.

Regards
  • UnpersonUnperson Member Posts: 29
    ablackfox said:

If you look down further on the second link, it tells you how to compile it from source.

Have you been able to do this yourself? If so, how? I can't seem to make compiler find the package.

Thanks @ScottBrooks for taking the time to put this together, btw. I'd just like to be able to download it...
    Unperson said:

Have you been able to do this yourself? If so, how? I can't seem to make compiler find the package.

@Unperson I have not tried it as I have not used ModMerge for anything. It sounds like you are having possible path issues for GO. What issues are you having? Any specific errors? Sorry, I do not know to much about GO.

Regards.

• UnpersonUnperson Member Posts: 29
    @ablackfox I tried following the instructions in the github page, and also tried downloading the master and compiling from there, either way it seemed to try to look for files that apparently weren't there ($GOPATH not set?). I was in all likelihood doing something wrong, and I really have no business trying to compile from source anyway.

Regardless, the link with the binary is back up so nevermind that. Thanks for the help anyway.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Sorry there was a blip with my hosting on scottbrooks.ca. It should be back up now. Also I plan on getting the gog file location merged in some time soon too.
    UnpersonGrammarsaladPhælinJuliusBorisov
  • cstevens89cstevens89 Member Posts: 1
    @ScottBrooks It looks like your personal website is having problems again. Any chance you could upload the binaries to another platform/hosting solution? Thanks for creating this!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    You could just host the binaries on Github along with the source.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I can not thank you enough, sir. Your previous centralfix.exe has paved the way to mod freely on Ipad for many players, and now many people will be thankful for this, too. Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Thanks for the reminder Billy, they are up on github now.
    JuliusBorisovUnperson
  • banditsbandits Member Posts: 5
    I’m trying to run this on a mac Steam install from the directory with chitin.key, but I get the error: ‘open chitin.key: no such file or directory’

Directory is: /Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/

Any ideas? Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @bandits - Are you running it using the Terminal, or by double clicking in the Finder?
  • banditsbandits Member Posts: 5
    @AstroBryGuy Just figured it out, thanks!
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    Ugh! After wondering why mods were installing all wonky for me, I realized that mod merge was actually unable to do it's function on my Mac.

Unfortunately, the Finder has decided that chitin.key is a Keynote file (.key is used for that App's document suffix). ModMerge cannot find it, because my brilliant 'auto identifying' system can't accept that it isn't really a Power Point style presentation.

I've tried a bunch of different approaches, down to removing any trace of Keynote on my computer (I'm a chef, I don't do presentations much). Changing the 'default' opening program does absolutely nothing...

Does anyone know anyway to make this behavior go away? I'm about to go into the 'launch services' list and start editing, but I suspect even that might not work.

Thanks!
    bhav
  • shawnleongshawnleong Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    @Gynsburghe Hey, I ran into the same problem as well. Tried reassigning the UTI/Default Program/Document Type via XCode and other system tools but had no luck with it.

In the end, I got it working on OSX by downloading the game via GOG on my old windows, running modmerge (edit:windows) and then copying any modified files with a different timestamp over into the OSX directory. Works like a charm after that.

Probably got to do that again since the new patch is out.
    Post edited by shawnleong on
  • AllerozAlleroz Member Posts: 13
    This is awesome, solved all of my problems with mods. Now I have to see if steam achievements still work (They should anyway). Since I've already gotten quite a few of the early game and started a new playthrough now it will take time before I can say anything about it. Nevertheless, thanks for creating this.
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016

Hey,

Updated to 1.1 to look for sod-dlc.zip where GOG puts it.

People have certainly made their voices heard about the zip based dlc that we use on Steam and Gog. I had a few hours to spare Saturday and Sunday night, so I made modmerge for those who may be interested.

[...]

This should give you a chitin.key that references all the BGEE assets in data/*.bif, along with referencing all the SOD assets in the sod-dlc/*.bif files.

That means EE Keeper runs with (GoG)-SoD, too.
    Post edited by egbert on
  • StoltverdStoltverd Member Posts: 19
    Cerevant said:

@ALIEN while we can't change how DLC is distributed, Scott did make this tool available which converts the DLC to a moddable format.

And yet, of 1000+ games I own in steam and GOG, this is the only one that haves a DLC packed in a zip.
    Very strange...
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Ok pardon my ignorance im on windows 7 with a steam install so what do download?
  • DaTrollDaTroll Member Posts: 4
    1) I recommend you make a copy of your BG-Folder located at .\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and name it "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (Mod)"
    2) Download Modmerge for Windows at http://github.com/ScottBrooks/modmerge/releases
    3) unpack the modmerge Zip-File in your "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (Mod)"
    4) run the modmerge.exe and wait
    5) mod your "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (Mod)" as you like. To start your modded BG run the .\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (Mod)\Baldur.exe

You can get achivements and use cloudsaves with this procedure.
  • Incarnadine97Incarnadine97 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issues as @Gynsburghe and @shawnleong, though I don't have the option of an old windows system to use, is there any solution to having modmerge recognise chitin.key? As I'm just getting the 'no such file or directory' message whenever I run modmerge, and (just because I checked) mods have dialogue mixups if I use them without it. Any ideas? Just to confirm, on a mac with a steam copy of sod, and thanks all for the help in advance...
    bhav
  • MehZhureMehZhure Member Posts: 21
    Just wanted to make a note, I used this with a GOG install v2.2.66.0 ...so far no issues other than needing to move the zip into a 'dlc' folder in the main BG directory.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    what's this mod for?

Why do I have to use it?

Just to mod?

Was it done on purpose to annoy paying customers? :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Arthas

1. This mod gives you a chitin.key that references all the BGEE assets in data/*.bif, along with referencing all the SOD assets in the sod-dlc/*.bif files.

2. You have to use it because Steam and GoG use the zip based SoD dlc.

3. This mod lets you install mods on BGEE+SOD from Steam and GoG.

4. It was created to help thousands of players who own BGEE+SOD on Steam and GoG and want to mod their game.
    mf2112ConjurerDragonagb1